Latest Rumors Regarding the Next Tour

Ugly Hecty

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=10481_Madonna_Australian_Tour_Imminent

Madonna Australian Tour Imminent

by Paul Cashmere - March 3 2010

Madonna looks about ready to announce an Australian tour.

A touring company insider has alerted Undercover to the soon-to-be announced Madonna ‘The Celebration Tour’ for July.

This will be the first time Madonna has been to Australian since 1993 and it will be her second ever Australian tour.

In total, 10 shows are planned with three shows for Sydney and Melbourne, two for Brisbane and one each for Adelaide and Perth penciled in.

The ticket price is said to be the highest price ever for a pop concert ticket in Australia with the cheap seats expected to go for $249, next level at $499, Gold at $999 and then an Ultimate ticket at $2000.

For $1000 more, Ultimate ticket holders can also upgrade to the Penultimate ticket for $3000 which will include a meet and greet, photo op and personally signed program from the tour.

The show is expected to be marketed as “a gift to Australia” for the years of touring cold shoulders.

The Australian shows will be indoor arena shows as opposed to the outdoor stadium shows she did in other parts of the world last year, hence the expensive ticket price.

The Melbourne show at Rod Laver Arena is also expected to be filmed for a live DVD.

All shall be revealed soon.

http://auspop.blogspot.com/2010/03/madonna-to-tour.html

Madonna's drummer Brian Frasier-Moore has let the cat out of the bag, confirming (in the video interview below) that the Queen of Pop will hit the road for a new tour early in the new year.

But it's an anonymous email that arrived in our inbox today claiming to be from a "touring industry insider", that's most peaked our interest.

In it they make a series of claims, including that Madonna will announce a ten date tour of Australia later this month.

They also suggest that;

* "The Celebration Tour" will be an intimate arena tour, visiting Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

* The tour will be marketed as a special "gift" for her Australian fans, who've waited almost 17 years to see her.

* 250 tickets will be given away to charity at each show.

* Ticket prices will be the highest ever seen in Australia (starting at $249).

* The tour will continue to overseas destinations, but on a larger scale (they name London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin).

* One of the Melbourne dates will be filmed for a future DVD release.

We cannot confirm that any of the details contained in the email are true, and we're not suggesting they are, but it certainly makes for interesting and exciting reading, particularly for local fans of the Material Girl, who've waited almost 17 long years to see her back on Australian shores. Could it be that in 2010, their wish finally come true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GdfHneyFkI&feature=player_embedded

Guest dance2nite

Undercover.com is always reliable, with touring news, they annoounced AC/DC and George Michael before it was officially announced.

OMG, i can't breathe, finally i dream's coming true, please God be true!

I wonder how different The Celebration Tour will be from the Sticky & Sweet tour. New outfits, new dance routines, and new mashups of songs please. :inlove:

And she will finally perform "Celebration" live. :dramatic:

Hopefully Dame Olivia Newton John attends a show or two. :wow:

She might as well tour NZ too. I mean whats the point of only Australia (even though it is overdue).

Im not sure if i believe this, the tickets are so expensive. 1000 - 2000 is unreal. And meet n greet?? Really?

Aww I think she will this time. She probably hasn't toured down there because it was a cost-effective choice in addition to her children. I still never understood why the cold shoulder :) One or two stops per tour or during promo tours couldn't have hurt.

I hope she does go down under.

We have more data, folks! :dramatic:

http://auspop.blogspot.com/2010/03/madonna-to-tour.html

Madonna's drummer Brian Frasier-Moore has let the cat out of the bag, confirming (in the video interview below) that the Queen of Pop will hit the road for a new tour early in the new year.

But it's an anonymous email that arrived in our inbox today claiming to be from a "touring industry insider", that's most peaked our interest.

In it they make a series of claims, including that Madonna will announce a ten date tour of Australia later this month.

They also suggest that;

* "The Celebration Tour" will be an intimate arena tour, visiting Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

* The tour will be marketed as a special "gift" for her Australian fans, who've waited almost 17 years to see her.

* 250 tickets will be given away to charity at each show.

* Ticket prices will be the highest ever seen in Australia (starting at $249).

* The tour will continue to overseas destinations, but on a larger scale (they name London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Berlin).

* One of the Melbourne dates will be filmed for a future DVD release.

We cannot confirm that any of the details contained in the email are true, and we're not suggesting they are, but it certainly makes for interesting and exciting reading, particularly for local fans of the Material Girl, who've waited almost 17 long years to see her back on Australian shores. Could it be that in 2010, their wish finally come true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GdfHneyFkI&feature=player_embedded

Aww I think she will this time. She probably hasn't toured down there because it was a cost-effective choice in addition to her children. I still never understood why the cold shoulder :) One or two stops per tour or during promo tours couldn't have hurt.

I hope she does go down under.

Actually that's the reason she probably didnt tour before, 1-2 shows will not cover all costs eg. logistic costs.

that's so Mariah!!

That makes no sense. The drummer said early 2011, and this says this summer? I think this data is suspect. I do think she will tour Australia soon, but I'm skeptical about summer 2010. Especially since she is supposed to be shooting her movie by then. Maybe it fell through?

No new album though. :(

If it's a greatest hits tour, it would make one hell of a live album and DVD. Here's to hoping it's filmed (assuming this is true, of course).

Guest dance2nite

It was just on channel 7 news here in Australia, all they said was Madonna is set to release dates very soon for an arena July tour. It is a GH tour and will continue to other parts of the world from Australia, ticket prices are set to be very expensive and they showed clips from S&S, and older clips too, while the reporter was talking. Molly Meldrum, also said to get excited and look forward to a very special Australian tour for Madonna's oz fans.

I think i'm about to faint!

Edited by dance2nite

Guest edsalas

If this is true then it's so cool that finally Australian fans are taken into account in terms of touring down under. It'll be cool if she visits other places that she has a long time of no visiting or that she hasn't been before, like Costa Rica.

Guest dicktracy

That makes no sense. The drummer said early 2011, and this says this summer? I think this data is suspect. I do think she will tour Australia soon, but I'm skeptical about summer 2010. Especially since she is supposed to be shooting her movie by then. Maybe it fell through?

No new album though. :(

Summer 2011 in Australia starts officially December 21, 2010. She can shoot her movie by Summer 2011 (Jul-Aug-Sep) in the US or England after the tour. If she hasn't even cast the movie it will not be shot this Summer. Preproduction is the longest part of a motion picture and by the looks of it, she's still in early preproduction. I think she'll record an album and go on tour at the end of the year. Since it's a greatest hits tour allegedly she doesn't need to wait for the new album to be released. She may record it on the road like a true rock star..hehe. My guess is she'll release a single this year and the record will come out in 2011 once she hits the US with her "mini" tour (Music 2000, GHV2 2001, AL 2003, COADF 2005, HC 2008, Celebration 2009).

Those prices are seriously fucked.

Australia is the only OECD country not to go into a technical recession, still maintain a low single figure unemployment rate, and incur a measly 15% Debt of GDP - but that doesn't mean average fans could, or would be, willingly to pay those prices. Even in better economic times it would be outrageous.

Damn those rumours! And they came from very reputable sources as well. :(

I saw that Perez tweeted that it wasn't true either, but I'd sooner believe a senile old lady than anything out of his mouth. :doh:

Mattress is the very definition of awesome :bow: his sigs are amazing

That last one with the cartoon Nikki Finn exiting Warners was almost just TOO GOOD :lmao::rotfl::clap:

Then there was the comatose cheerleader smilies celebrating Celebration :lmao:

Again the drummer? I really can't grasp how some people think a site is reliable because a drummer says something. And the rest of the info was made up or what? I find that pseudojournalism so scary.... they can make everything up and people swallow it.

No, I think the "Celebration" Tour (or any tour) will still happen in 2011, but for the time being it seems that someone sent a very vicious prank to reputable sources listed above.