It would be a huge mistake for Madonna NOT to release Revolver

Snowball83

154 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revolver should be released as a single?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Who are the people making a big deal about Revulva?? Outside of this message board, I haven't heard a peep, or any clamor for it. It's a shit song, and embarrassingly beneath Madonna. A part of me wants her to release it though, just so it can flop hard on the radio, and be done with once and for all.

:thumbsup:

I like "Revolver"...it's catchy and fun,and I know it could be a hit in America.It's very radio-friendly.However,I think it's time to move on from the Warner years.It doesn't need to be a single.Besides,Warners would probably screw up the promotion anyway.They would fail to get the song played on the radio (despite its obvious hit potential).

Let's move on to the LiveNation years! A new era,a fresh new start.

People said the same thing about Celebration.

"Omg, world wide #1, omg, omg".

It wasn't. Revolver won't be either. Not releasing it won't be a mistake.

Next album please.

Ditto.

It's a fun song, but that's about it. I don't think it defines Madonna in any way, but then again I don't think Celebration really did the job either. Well the Benny Remix saved the song in my opinion. Either way I'm happy with Revolver being an additional new song. I'd love some official club mixes, that could be cool. :thumbsup:

I just want the next album to be something unexpected. I may be alone of this board, but I love when Madonna comes out of left field with something no one is expecting at the time. Even if it's not a smashing success it still usually jolts me to a high fever. :inlove:

If it's a hit, it's a hit, if it flops, it flops.

But if it's never released, I'll always wonder if it could have been huge.

And I would never bet against the hit-making power of Lil Wayne.

I actually liked Boniqua's version of the song, but I think Madonna sounds like shit on it. It sounds like an artifical robot of Madonna recorded it.

Because it was so badly produced in the end, I hope it doesn't get released.

it was badly produced BUT im sure it would be fine tuned for a single/video release.

the song has a killer HOOK & THE LYRICS ARE CLEVER.

she needs to redeem herself with RADIO APPEAL and this could do it 100%.

shes a fool if she doesnt release this song as a single ( VIDEO IS A MUST! )

Love the song. I think it could be a potential radio hit. But her radio days are over. Radio won't play much from her from this point on (of course, I'm speaking from the U.S. perspective mostly). If she was under 40, you can bet "Revolver" would be all over the place. I hate the ageist society we live in.

Guest SuperBriGuy

I vote unsure only because if she's going to release it she needs to go all or nothing...she needs to do a vid. If she doesn't do one forget it.

Beat Goes On should have been a single.

I concur. This track has more potential than this Lil Wayne shit. She shoulda released it the day Cuntye grabbed the mic from Swift. That'd be a bold move! LOL

Well nothing surprises me anymore. Thank god she decided to leave WB.

I concur. This track has more potential than this Lil Wayne shit. She shoulda released it the day Cuntye grabbed the mic from Swift. That'd be a bold move! LOL

Well nothing surprises me anymore. Thank god she decided to leave WB.

Not a "bold move" at all. It wouldn't even make sense to do it at this anyway. And people would surely catch on, that she would be releasing it on the coattails of someone else controversy. Odd that some would approve of that, when many here are so quick to bash other artists which may take up an opportunity to cash in on controversy, etc.

The fact is; radio wouldn't have played it anymore than if they played it now, so releasing it is wasting money and time when the album will not sell anymore based on releasing it.

I doubt we will see any changes with the way M markets her music under LN? Did WB stop her from performing the songs on various shows?

I doubt TBGO or Revolver would have got past the top 50 even if released. im sure theres some releases/featuring of Kanye or lil Wayne which performed below standard. Timberlake had some which did not do too well.

I think it would make a good single - for the U.S. and elsewhere. I am not quite sure why everyone keeps saying "Celebration" is such a flop as it went to #2 in Europe and is still riding high on airplay there. I think "Revolver" could do well there and at least usher the album into the Christmas shopping season.

Anything released in the U.S. probably wouldn't do much but it cannot hurt. I am not going to say DON'T RELEASE IT as a single just because one market won't be receptive. It would probably do well in Canada too.

I doubt we will see any changes with the way M markets her music under LN? Did WB stop her from performing the songs on various shows?

I doubt TBGO or Revolver would have got past the top 50 even if released. im sure theres some releases/featuring of Kanye or lil Wayne which performed below standard. Timberlake had some which did not do too well.

We might see one difference under LN - Madonna could get her INSANE wishes of singles. Didn't I read somewhere that she wanted Candy Shop as the lead off HC?

We might see one difference under LN - Madonna could get her INSANE wishes of singles. Didn't I read somewhere that she wanted Candy Shop as the lead off HC?

Yes, she did. It got voted out in favor of "4 Minutes" at the Warner listening party - and thank god. Sometimes I think that Warner might have kept her in check a bit. If you thought Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel was tanking badly, imagine what would've happened to Hard Candy if "Candy Shop" got loose.

I would love her to release it as it's growing on me but from a musical perspective, I think it adds nothing to her work. However, given just how great and sexy she has looked on recent appearances, if she carried that over to a video and had fun I think the song would do well. I think if she wore the outfit she wore on SNL and had a Barbarella theme, it could be good.

I would love her to release it as it's growing on me but from a musical perspective, I think it adds nothing to her work. However, given just how great and sexy she has looked on recent appearances, if she carried that over to a video and had fun I think the song would do well. I think if she wore the outfit she wore on SNL and had a Barbarella theme, it could be good.

A video just doesn't guarantee her success for a single anymore. After all, "Celebration" had a video and it's not become a huge hit (at least in the states).

As stated before, in the end, her radio days are over. U.S. will always be a lost cause for her with maybe a few possible exceptions. I think '4 Minutes' was one of them. I mean; you couldn't go wrong by including two producers and popular American acts of the time (Timberlake and Timbaland). There is no doubt she would have crossed fan bases with this song, making it more successful. But I am more convinced than ever without including current and fresh acts into her songs, she wouldn't have had a huge hit with '4 Minutes'. And this could very well work with 'Revolver' if given a chance.

Of course, much of what I say goes out the window outside of the U.S. because people internationally aren't so hung up on her age and who is popular marketing brand of the moment.

A video just doesn't guarantee her success for a single anymore. After all, "Celebration" had a video and it's not become a huge hit (at least in the states).

But to be fair that video blew puke chunks.