It would be a huge mistake for Madonna NOT to release Revolver

Snowball83

154 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revolver should be released as a single?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I was always curious to see what it would be like if Candy Shop was the 1st single, or even a single.

It would have been a great single, for sure.

Yes, I 'd like Revolver to be released as a single before the end of the year, it would be great. The song is catchy, could make a good video...

But it's not that important if it doesn't happen !

Why not release it? As long as it gets full treatment from M and WB I don't see why not. It's not like another flop single is going to tarnish her reputation or anything. Since 2000 she's had as many "misses" as "hits" in the US. Unlike many of the "misses" of this decade though, this one actually sounds like it was tailor made for US radio.....NO I'm not saying it would be a massive sized hit or anything, but the song itself has potential though and if it were some 20 something singing on the record it would be a big hit. Of course with all the bullshit politics surrounding US radio having a 51 year old veteran superstar vs. a 20 something puppet may hinder it's chances at airplay even if it were released.

I have to say though, if 4M was a hit why not this? I'd argue this is even more instantly catchy than 4M and both songs sound "current".

Guest Danny86

Yes, she did. It got voted out in favor of "4 Minutes" at the Warner listening party - and thank god. Sometimes I think that Warner might have kept her in check a bit. If you thought Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel was tanking badly, imagine what would've happened to Hard Candy if "Candy Shop" got loose.

It was also the same listening party where Madonna said BGO would not be a single. So most likely they allowed her to get her way with GI2M and MA.

Anyway, currently Lil Wayne is at the top of the Hot 100 and next month he's releasing a new album, so it's possible they would not want another Lil Wayne song out there and that explains why there are no plans for the video.

Revolver ain't bad, but I don't really like Lil Wayne from what I see of him. So I'm happy for this to remain on the album. Madonna is much more likely to be able to get a hit out of the next album with first single hype than she is with the second single from an already released Greatest Hits.

I haven't seen so many people make a big deal out of a Madonna song since…... Beautiful Stranger! It has mainstream appeal and a video to accompany it would surely take it to the top.

What do you think?

"So many people" being fans on this board? Because I don't think anyone knows or cares about this song outside of this bubble.

At this point, who cares. just start working on a new album next year.

Exactly, I'm over it.

Anyway, currently Lil Wayne is at the top of the Hot 100 and next month he's releasing a new album, so it's possible they would not want another Lil Wayne song out there and that explains why there are no plans for the video.

Wasn't it supposed to be September release?

According to one of the rumours, they will release The Carter IV (Didn't say when), then follow by Rebirth in December.

Another rumours is it will be a double album i.e. The Carter IV + Rebirth.

Why don't they just release Revolver to create the hype, then release the 1st single from The Carter IV instead?

No. In fact, it would be a huge mistake TO release it.

It really lowers the level of Madonna Music. How can people still see her as a true artist when releasing a song that says "do you wanna die happy?"

:manson:

Guest Drowned Bedtime

It's actually a decent mainstream sounding song, compared to most stuff like it atm. A remix might make it sound less rubbishy though, like with Celebration.

It really lowers the level of Madonna Music. How can people still see her as a true artist when releasing a song that says "do you wanna die happy?" :manson:

Singin', "This will be the day that I die,

This will be the day that I die."

I guess, die another day

I guess, die another day

I guess, die another day

I guess, die another day

I climb the tree of lifeeeeeee

I'll give you love, I'll hit you like a truck

I'll give you love, I'll teach you how to ...

I'm not your bitch don't hang your shit on me

:bad:

They are not even doing a video for it, so why even bother with a release?

Do you people want her to flop?

No video doesn't mean the song would flop. There are plenty of hit songs without videos. No fan wants to see her flop, but I do think some fans do not understand the fact that videos DO cost money. Maybe a video could help the song get more exposure, but unfortunately, that hasn't been the case for her videos of lately. Though songs do not have to have a video to be a hit on the radio. I'd rather them spend the money getting the song radio exposure rather going all out on a video and the song not going anywhere.

I agree that a cool video could be made with this song, but I just don't see Madonna and Warners spending any cash on a video when they know it most likely will make no difference on radio impact or sales.

Whatever you say.

Warner has it, they just dont wanna put out the coins.

If I were Warners, I wouldn't "put out the coins" either. I don't see how it would be financially beneficial for them to pay out for a video which may not help the song gain more sales because that's all they care about. After all, they are a business.

But let's be fair, they have paid out on a lot of promotions. Those billboards are cheap. And there have been a number of teaser videos/commercials with some great art put into them, and no doubt that didn't come cheap.