*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

thanks for posting! is that from the double CD??

Yes, all from the 2CD set (the 1CD set wasn't available at the store I went to and they said that for some unknown reason, none of their stores across the entire country had received a single copy of the 1CD version, unfortunately!).

Yes, all from the 2CD set (the 1CD set wasn't available at the store I went to and they said that for some unknown reason, none of their stores across the entire country had received a single copy of the 1CD version, unfortunately!).

lol, they're forcing ppl to buy the 2CD version!! :lol: :lol:

lol, they're forcing ppl to buy the 2CD version!! :lol::lol:

For $20, though, it's a major bargain! The shop assistant didn't know why their chain hadn't received a single copy in any store in the country. They have the 1CD version listed at $19 on their website, so most people will pick up the 2CD version anyway (why would you bother paying $19 for 18 songs when you could get 36 songs for $20?). The 1CD will basically just be for collectors until there's a major price difference between the two versions. Even The Immaculate Collection cost $24 at this particular store!

I won't go into detail about the other pages in the booklet, but there's quite a cool one with dozens of broken vinyl records. Another has images in sepia of her from every stage of her career, but there's a dribbling paint effect that I think detracts from the overall effect of the page. Still, others might love it!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Maybe the single CD has a write-up, to get you to buy that, too. Eh, probably not.

And, boy oh boy- wonder if anyone caught that production credit error after the fact.

what error?

is anyone else who uses itunes noticing "immaculate collection" is GONE? :(

Yep, happened 2 months ago everywhere, except the US, which followed only a couple of weeks ago. Same for GHV2 everywhere and ROL in most countries.

Yep, happened 2 months ago everywhere, except the US, which followed only a couple of weeks ago. Same for GHV2 everywhere and ROL in most countries.

wait, WTF? why ROL? there's NO good reason to discontinue that one, considering it was the relative comeback album and they had the nerve to water down ROL on celebration to the edit

and is it just me or is celebration a good place to get the true versions of her soundtrack songs in their original forms? beautiful stranger had only been available on the austin powers soundtrack, if i remember; into the groove (in the US) only as the q-sound immaculate mix; who's that girl is easy, but was crazy for you ever available on an album besides immaculate?

american pie / time stood still and the other WTG songs aside, and the sad omission of "playground" (which seems to never surface in original form, if i remember right) this is the best grab at her soundtrack songs... note i don't count die another day since it was on her album, and in the rest of the world i think into the groove was added to LAV but not here in the USA

wait, WTF? why ROL? there's NO good reason to discontinue that one, considering it was the relative comeback album and they had the nerve to water down ROL on celebration to the edit

I'm not sure if it's discontinued, they might have temporarily removed it probably because the title track and "Frozen" are among the best digital sellers in Europe so they want people to buy more hits instead of picking those 2 out of ROL. The album is still normally available at other online retailers unlike the 2 GH's.

if they deleted immaculate collection truly... poor "rescue me" :(

and i'm sorry, i loved the church chorus-y version of LAP as opposed to the guitar riff album opening version, but i'm sure i'm just not an audiophile enough to hate it simply because it was q-sound either...

Edited by infiniblue