Madonna in Louis Vuitton's new campaign

TOUR2008

:demonic:

im so thrilled madonna is 50 and still doing ads like these and her music and her concerts and all the other shyt she does. i love it all.

THE MORE THE BETTER!!!! :thumbsup:

I like this one although there's something 'crazy old lady' about it. At least the eyes are hers. The other pics are just silhouettes of Madonna due to the intense photo shop.

I don't know if this has been posted before... It seems that at 50, Madonna hasn't lost her touch at causing a stir and making people DEBATE, all to the delight of Louis Vuitton I'm sure! A marketing success for the campaign.. The article is not really flattering but, hey!

Everything she does has... RELEVANCE! :dramatic:

Irony And The Old Lady

By CATHY HORYN

Published: June 24, 2009

NYTimes

Read All Comments (107)

I don't know if this has been posted before... It seems that at 50, Madonna hasn't lost her touch at causing a stir and making people DEBATE, all to the delight of Louis Vuitton I'm sure! A marketing success for the campaign.. The article is not really flattering but, hey!

Everything she does has... RELEVANCE! :dramatic:

Irony And The Old Lady

By CATHY HORYN

Published: June 24, 2009

NYTimes

Read All Comments (107)

That was an interesting read. Thanks for posting it.

I loved reading the responses as well, which were the usual mixed bag of haters and admirers.....although generally more intelligent than the usual Perez trolls.

article and behind the scenes shots from wwd:

RAY OF LIGHT: Marc Jacobs was so pleased with this spring’s Louis Vuitton campaign featuring Madonna that he was eager to do an encore. “But very quickly Marc said, ‘I want something completely different,’” related Antoine Arnault, Vuitton’s communication director. The new ingredients included a dash of Tamara de Lempicka and a soupçon of Man Ray for color-drenched images by Steven Meisel with a surreal edge, thanks to generous use of solarization, a technique of overexposure first perfected by Ray. “It gives something very graphic, more edgy” than the first Madonna campaign, also by Meisel, which depicted her as a French coquette in a Parisian bistro setting, Arnault said. The new spots, which break in a range of August titles, feature a variety of runway looks and leather goods, many in the house’s signature monogram.

Asked about the impact of the first Madonna campaign, Arnault said, snapping his fingers for emphasis, “Everything she was wearing in the first campaign was sold within a few months. People came into the store saying, ‘I want the Madonna bag, the Madonna shoes.”

making_vuitton_ad1.jpg

making_vuitton_ad2.jpg

article and behind the scenes shots from wwd:

RAY OF LIGHT: Marc Jacobs was so pleased with this spring’s Louis Vuitton campaign featuring Madonna that he was eager to do an encore. “But very quickly Marc said, ‘I want something completely different,’” related Antoine Arnault, Vuitton’s communication director. The new ingredients included a dash of Tamara de Lempicka and a soupçon of Man Ray for color-drenched images by Steven Meisel with a surreal edge, thanks to generous use of solarization, a technique of overexposure first perfected by Ray. “It gives something very graphic, more edgy” than the first Madonna campaign, also by Meisel, which depicted her as a French coquette in a Parisian bistro setting, Arnault said. The new spots, which break in a range of August titles, feature a variety of runway looks and leather goods, many in the house’s signature monogram.

Asked about the impact of the first Madonna campaign, Arnault said, snapping his fingers for emphasis, “Everything she was wearing in the first campaign was sold within a few months. People came into the store saying, ‘I want the Madonna bag, the Madonna shoes.”

making_vuitton_ad1.jpg

making_vuitton_ad2.jpg

wow. PERFECT !!!! :bow:

Guest gloriesbarcelona
HQs!!!!

th_MadonnaFW0910COQ1.jpg th_MadonnaFW0910DJEU1.jpg th_MadonnaFW0910ECLIP1.jpg th_MadonnaFW0910IREN1.jpg th_MadonnaFW0910IREN22222.jpg th_MadonnaFW0910ECLIP2.jpg th_MadonnaFW0910MDEER2.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Great!!!! (I think I could I've done without those bunny ears though, but I don't mind them that much in that shoot...)

I like them, they're very different and trendy!

AGAIN SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW!!!!!!!!

I love the bitch...

This one has to be my fravorite:

20090630-vuitton20092010-meisel01.jpg

Marc Jacobs' boyfriend is fucking beautiful. :inlove:

Didn't they just get married?

As for the shots, I didn't like them but I can see they are much better and far more striking in HQ. Now I get them!

Guest Pud Whacker
Am I the only one that doesn't like these pics?

no there are many in this thread. look around everywhere you turn is heartache...

:lol:

Well I quite like some of them -my NEGATIVE comment was about her wearing this outfit OUT; in the photos you can barely see the boots, which were the ugliest thing about the outfit in the first place. I don't really have a problem with the ears; I think they're quite cool.

I DISLIKE the first one, because somehow it looks like she's lying dead in an open coffin, clutching on to a HANDBAG instead of a rosary or a bunch of flowers -the MATERIAL CORPSE I also don't like the Joan Collins one. I particularly like the ones where she looks naughty, the second and third ones le smoking posted. They show a little of Madonna's personality.