Madonna in Louis Vuitton's new campaign

TOUR2008

Coming soon - Madonna in Louis Vuitton's new campaign

MadonnaTribe has just received some fresh info about the upcoming Louis Vuitton campaign featuring Madonna who was photographed by Steven Meisel for their Autumn/Winter 2009 collection in New York on April 29 under the artistic direction of Marc Jacobs.

We've been told that the result of this new collaboration is once again simply stunning but most importantly for those who were worried about this "Part Deux" it looks very different from the Spring campaign and has a completely original feel.

Madonna's look in the new images will be basically the one you're all familiar with thanks to the MET gala: long boots, a few variations of dresses mainly in blue and magenta, and this year's Vuitton's signature bunny ears.

Madonna is always wearing gloves and in every image she holds a different bag from the new collection of the French maison. She's portraied leaning on a sofa and seated on an armchair, with a heavy, plain curtain in the background. This time there is no set location at all - the atmosphere is a bit dark and definetly intimate.

One interesting part is that each image is digitally enhanced with colorizing effects that somehow recall the high-dynamic range photography, giving to the new campaign an absolutely contemporary yet timeless vibe.

From what we understand up to seven different images - spanning from close-ups to american-shot compositions - will be released in the August 2009 issue of fashion magazines worldwide coming out next month

anna_h:

they are all really quite psychedelic in terms of paint. they're colorful in both faded and strong ways bouncing on the dominant purple,blue,pink dimness, while her shades have actually been contrasted into radiant colors. meisel has certainly added a new edge to his latest works with this remarkable ad campaign which could almost be mistaken for a mert and marcus session. the bunny ears are for the fun and irony of it and only contributes to the dazzle.

Guest ursaminorjim
anna_h:

they are all really quite psychedelic in terms of paint. they're colorful in both faded and strong ways bouncing on the dominant purple,blue,pink dimness, while her shades have actually been contrasted into radiant colors. meisel has certainly added a new edge to his latest works with this remarkable ad campaign which could almost be mistaken for a mert and marcus session. the bunny ears are for the fun and irony of it and only contributes to the dazzle.

Irony? :blink:

Anyway, hope the pictures look great.

Guest ursaminorjim

Creepy as hell.

And the Rayograph technique just isn't working. I mean, I get it - you wanna be artistic, but you still need to sell those tacky-ass bags. Still, there's got to be a better way to split the difference, no?

And why the hell does she have to look like one of those living sex dolls? :confused:

Hope the other shots work better!

I love it, too! It's very stylized and doll like but it suits the clothes.

This was posted on fanzine by mr breathless

ilk7z6.jpg

The effect they have on the pic reminds me slightly of the first promo pic they released for the Confessions project.

She looks great. It's obvious Lous Vuitton's creates very eccentric items. Doesn't surprise me that the fashion photos compliments in the same manner.

Guest chatty kathy
i like it, i like it alot

much better than the previous ad

And I'm the complete opposite. Maybe I'll like this one better after seeing all the shots, and it may grow on me!