The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

From UKMix:

Madonna's 10 UK Chart Topping albums (to date)

All dates given are the chart dates when the title reached Number 1

12.10.1985 Like A Virgin (1 week)

12.07.1986 True Blue (6 weeks)

01.04.1989 Like A Prayer (2 weeks)

24.11.1990 The Immaculate Collection (9 weeks)

01.02.1997 Evita - Original Soundtrack (1 week)

14.03.1998 Ray Of Light (2 weeks)

30.09.2000 Music (2 weeks)

03.05.2003 American Life (1 week)

26.11.2005 Confessions On A Dancefloor (2 weeks)

10.05.2008 Hard Candy (1 week)

Will CD1 chart separately?

Those sales aren't that bad all things considered - there's been zilch promo and it's an odd time of year to release a GH. When you consider Ultimate Flop only managed around 70k first week sales after a MASSIVE promotional campaign prior to its release with Kylie appearing on loads of TV shows, performing tracks from her back catalogue. The big opportunity will be in the coming weeks and she'll only capitalize on that if she does some major promo - CIN, X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing. I guess the massive star Jonathan Ross alluded to having on his show in September was Wacko afterall.

HMV in the Pallasades in Birmingham has CD1 on sale for £9.99

TESCO in Walsall has CD2 for £9.97!

They only had a few of those out and after i picked up mine, only 2 more were left.

I'm so glad shes on course for her 11th British #1 album, excellent news, totally made my day :)

HMV in the Pallasades in Birmingham has CD1 on sale for £9.99

TESCO in Walsall has CD2 for £9.97!

They only had a few of those out and after i picked up mine, only 2 more were left.

I'm so glad shes on course for her 11th British #1 album, excellent news, totally made my day :)

Picked up my copy from Tesco at Fiveways. Didn't have time to go to the large HMV in the city centre, so not too bothred re paying the extra couple of quid!! Shocked retailers are selling this for less than £10. Amazon and Play etc are all over £11.

Picked up my copy from Tesco at Fiveways. Didn't have time to go to the large HMV in the city centre, so not too bothred re paying the extra couple of quid!! Shocked retailers are selling this for less than £10. Amazon and Play etc are all over £11.

Tesco in Fiveways isn't that good if you ask me, i think they've got crap variety. I work at Asda and we're selling CD1 for £8.97 and CD2 for £10.97 so still good prices compared to HMV.

They held that back a week in the hope it would knock Music off the top spot - Music's second week sales were more than double of the first week sales of Light Years :lmao:

:lmao:

And her fans at SayGay at the time were saying she must know who Kylie is cause she's biting her arse on the album charts

I think that number 1 is going to be close this week but hope M can edge it!

Muse figures include Sunday and I also think advertising on tv could be pushed thurs-Saturday'

Like I say to everyone here if you are buying for Xmas do it this week! The 9.70 tesco and 10.97 asda prices may not be there next week!

Buy it and put her at number 1!

I'm going now to buy the extra copy for my son I was going to buy in a week or so.

He's 6 and has stolen the copy I bought yesterday. Out of interest he really loves Burning Up - played it about 4 times this morning before school. Doesn't bother him it didn't top the charts ;} Very good choice for this cd!

Off to purchase now! Maybe I'll do the job of putting Madonna's cd over every other album in tesco's while I'm in there!!!

Awwww!

Wednesday Midweeks (from Haven)

Singles

1 Taio Cruz 21.4k

2 David Guetta feat. Akon 17.9k

3 Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys 17.8k

4 Jay-Z feat. Rihanna/Kanye 13.2k

5 Shakira 11.3k

Top 10

Black Eyed Peas

Top 15

Kings of Leon [sOF]

Temper Trap

Basshunter

Top 20

Kings of Leon [uS]

Lady GaGa [LG]

Top 30

Pitbull

Example

Dizzee Rascal

Taylor Swift

Jay-Z feat. Mr Hudson

Top 40

Jade Ewen

Alicia Keys

Albums

1 Madonna 29.4k

2 Muse 22.8k

3 Dizzee Rascal 22.5k

4 Mika 19.3k

5 Pearl Jam 15.7k

Top 10

Cliff Richard & The Shadows

Top 15

Madness

Richard Hawley

Top 20

Lady GaGa

Top 30

Brand New

Beyonce

Robbie Williams [GH]

Basement Jaxx

Michael Bolton

Monsters of Folk

Top 40

Coldplay

Great, her lead is growing, hopefully 60-70k in the first week. Not bad for the time of year, loads of time for big sales in the run up to the year end. Hopefully good advertising and word of mouth will help achieve further success.

Surely GHV2's disapointing sales are going to be well eclipsed.

^ plus does anyone know the single's position, I assume top ten still? Looks as if Revolver and Its So Cool will not make the top 75 as the digital sales don't seem to be substantial enough. Maybe wrong though.

The single is still #8.

I'm just surprised no classic hits re-entering in the bottom of the top 200 at least... This project does not have enough interest at iTunes it seems.

There isn't a big difference (for a casual buyer) between this week or last week to buy single song of her past catalogue, i guess that people will be happy to buy the entire collection or only the new songs!

go M!!!! priority one - she gets her 11th! #1 album; followed by her staying steady, then taking this into the holiday season and hopefully going at least 2x plat (the new 4x platinum lol), once all is said and done!!!