The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

Thursday mids:

NEW 1 36,821 BRAND NEW EYES PARAMORE

1 2 30,535 CELEBRATION MADONNA

NEW 3 19,145 REBUILT BY HUMANS NEWTON FAULKNER

Single is still 12, but only 100 copies ahead of 13 so will almost certainly drop.

Thursday mids:

Single is still 12, but only 100 copies ahead of 13 so will almost certainly drop.

The gap is roughly the same as both sold around 6k yesterday, which is a drop on Tuesday sales. I guess this may be due to the figures reported rather than sales on the day.

As someone else has said, surprised the single is still even top 15 after the drop on itunes. It must be doing ok on other download sites and I guess the many versions add up to decent sales.

Thursday mids:

if this is thursday mids, it only includes the sales from Monday to Wednesday?

Guest patrickovy

if this is thursday mids, it only includes the sales from Monday to Wednesday?

Sales from Sunday to Wednesday actually :)

Guest patrickovy

oh ok... so the album sales tracking period for the UK is Sunday to Saturday....

Yes :) Despite most singles and albums being released on Mondays.

Friday mids:

NEW 1 41,722 BRAND NEW EYES PARAMORE

1 2 36,343 CELEBRATION MADONNA

NEW 3 22,660 REBUILT BY HUMANS NEWTON FAULKNER

Single is still 12 but only 15 copies ahead of 13 and only 100 copies ahead of 14 so I think it'll drop a few places at least.

It was being advertised during GMTV this morning and I expect they'll run it during Coronation Street tonight. I think this stands a slight chance of reclaiming the top spot come Sunday.

I saw another completely different advert on one of the music channels last night. It has Vogue playing in the background and a guy checking himself in a mirror. At the end they show a picture of the album and it says something like " everyone is mad on her". It looks cheap, like something Kylie would use for one of her naff albums.

Friday mids:

NEW 1 41,722 BRAND NEW EYES PARAMORE

1 2 36,343 CELEBRATION MADONNA

NEW 3 22,660 REBUILT BY HUMANS NEWTON FAULKNER

Single is still 12 but only 15 copies ahead of 13 and only 100 copies ahead of 14 so I think it'll drop a few places at least.

Looks like she is going to sell around 50k this week after another day of 6k sales. She could catch Paramore if she manages 20k Friday and Saturday and they stay around 6k per day. Otherwise, not a bad second week.

How much has the single sold or is this the only info you have/ can give?

I saw another completely different advert on one of the music channels last night. It has Vogue playing in the background and a guy checking himself in a mirror. At the end they show a picture of the album and it says something like " everyone is mad on her". It looks cheap, like something Kylie would use for of her naff albums.

Disregarding your predictable Kylie put down :tongue: I have seen another couple of variations of these. They are cheap but do grab attention so hopefully they are effective. I haven't seen a "proper" ad yet though.

Looks like she is going to sell around 50k this week after another day of 6k sales. She could catch Paramore if she manages 20k Friday and Saturday and they stay around 6k per day. Otherwise, not a bad second week.

How much has the single sold or is this the only info you have/ can give?

So far this week the single has sold 9,330

Disregarding your predictable Kylie put down :tongue: I have seen another couple of variations of these. They are cheap but do grab attention so hopefully they are effective. I haven't seen a "proper" ad yet though.

They are very low budget. Warners probably can't afford to run the decent advert all the time.