The Official UK Charts Thread

thebigham

Taio Cruz is gay? :confused:

Heard him on Radio 1's chart show. First time I've ever heard him speak, and there's probably a reason for that. He makes Will Young sound BUTCH. And when Edith Bowman asked him what it was like working with Young, his pitch went even higher and sounded aroused.

Heard him on Radio 1's chart show. First time I've ever heard him speak, and there's probably a reason for that. He makes Will Young sound BUTCH. And when Edith Bowman asked him what it was like working with Young, his pitch went even higher and sounded aroused.

:rotfl:

I kinda got that vibe. Not overwhelming, but it was there.

:rotfl:

I kinda got that vibe. Not overwhelming, but it was there.

Oh, you were listening too? :lmao: I normally can't stand Radio 1 but thought I'd tune in to see if there was any fanfare when they announced the new entry at #3. Of course there wasn't. Not even a mentioned of it being her SIXTIETH top 10. VILE CUNTS.

One a sidenote, Kiss 100 London played a FABULOUS half-an-hour Madonna megamix at 2.00pm on Monday, with all the hits. Did anyone catch it? Was really well done. Still on the website if anyone wants to listen to it. They even managed to sneak in a few seconds of Where's the Party and the strings from Dear Jessie in there. Kiss treat her a lot better than Radio 1, and their demographic is even younger!

Oh, you were listening too? :lmao: I normally can't stand Radio 1 but thought I'd tune in to see if there was any fanfare when they announced the new entry at #3. Of course there wasn't. Not even a mentioned of it being her SIXTIETH top 10. VILE CUNTS.

One a sidenote, Kiss 100 London played a FABULOUS half-an-hour Madonna megamix at 2.00pm on Monday, with all the hits. Did anyone catch it? Was really well done. Still on the website if anyone wants to listen to it. They even managed to sneak in a few seconds of Where's the Party and the strings from Dear Jessie in there. Kiss treat her a lot better than Radio 1, and their demographic is even younger!

Link please?

EDIT:

Found it, but only available for UK. Can someone upload it?

Thursday Midweeks

Singles

1 Taio Cruz 27.6k

2 David Guetta feat. Akon 22.7k

3 Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys 21.9k

4 Jay-Z feat. Rihanna/Kanye 16.3k

5 Shakira 15k

Top 10

Black Eyed Peas

Top 15

Temper Trap

Kings of Leon [sOF]

Basshunter

Top 20

Dizzee Rascal [DC]

Lady GaGa [LG]

Kings of Leon [uS]

Top 30

Example

Pitbull

Taylor Swift

Top 40

Jay-Z feat. Mr Hudson

Jade Ewen

Pitbull [iNYWM]

Alicia Keys

Albums

1 Madonna 41.9k

2 Muse 30.1k

3 Dizzee Rascal 30k

4 Mika 25.6k

5 Pearl Jam 18.4k

Top 10

Cliff Richard & The Shadows

Top 15

Madness

Richard Hawley

Top 20

Lady GaGa

Top 30

Michael Bolton

Beyonce

Robbie Williams [GH]

Tommy Steele

Top 40

Basement Jaxx

Brand New

Coldplay

Monsters of Folk

^ yeah. thank GOD her #s arent like what going on between #2 and #3 lol!! That wouldve made this a brutal week! Id say at this point its like a 90% chance she has her 11th #1 UK album!!! :)

Can't see anyone getting near her, yesterday was a strong day for her and hopefully word is getting around that this is a great release for non fans. I would imagine her sales will stay strong next week though whether she is number 1 depends on the opposition.

Number 1 for sure this week.

I think Music's impressive 152k debut had alot to do with the massive hit the single was and the buzz the video was getting cos' of Ali G.

I'm confident M will debut at #1 on Sunday with this album, i'm sooo happy!

After one week on the B-list, Radio 1 drops "Celebration" like it's hot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/

Radio 1 is a joke. They have the worst type of presenters ever. Sara Cox and Edith Bowman

continually utterly vacuous drivel. Jo Whiley's fake, smarmy, pseudo-intellectual tone is the most annoying on radio.

And the grotesquely overweight Chris Moyles is just VILE. Seriously, why are these talentless tossers paid with public money?

I think the tv advert will help as the we approach the weekend. She should save promotion for next month or the month after.

Shame nobody in her team told her Celebration was one of her kabbalah influenced childrens book, she'd be all over that shit promoting dressed like a school teacher.

I think the tv advert will help as the we approach the weekend. She should save promotion for next month or the month after.

Shame nobody in her team told her Celebration was one of her kabbalah influenced childrens book, she'd be all over that shit promoting dressed like a school teacher.

Friday midweeks sow her still at #1 and she has extended her lead by 15K over Muse at #2. Total sales so far stand at 50.9K

I guess no change for the single.

On last week's download chart, "Celebration" debuted at #6, which means it's due to physicals that she was able to get to #3 on the main chart...

I guess no change for the single.

On last week's download chart, "Celebration" debuted at #6, which means it's due to physicals that she was able to get to #3 on the main chart...

^ plus major drop of the Celebration single on itunes since yesterday to low top 20 although the Celebration download from the album is now close to top 50. Hopefully it will settle down with some decent download sales over the coming weeks, but really I would rather the album sell shedloads.

I wonder if they'll have the ad in heavy rotation tonight and over the weekend. I've so far only seen it once, during Sunday's X Factor but I tend to surf channels during ad breaks.

I saw an ad on one of the music channels which was women in leotards in a dance studio working out to Hung Up. Cheap but funny. Is this the main advert for the UK or is it the one that is on youtube with the Brainwash effects? Not seen any ad for Madonna on any of the main channels though.

Extending the lead- very nice.

She gained almost 11K and then 9K over the last couple of days- so, she could flirt with 70K by close of business on Saturday, I guess? Are sales traditionally higher on Saturday, since it's the weekend and all?

because they improved ratings?

Radio 1 is a joke. They have the worst type of presenters ever. Sara Cox and Edith Bowman

continually utterly vacuous drivel. Jo Whiley's fake, smarmy, pseudo-intellectual tone is the most annoying on radio.

And the grotesquely overweight Chris Moyles is just VILE. Seriously, why are these talentless tossers paid with public money?

When COADF was released it was the radio 1 album of the week and they were playing all the tracks off the album. I have no idea why Radio 1 are not celebrating M's legacy - even though they a-listed so many of her songs.

Celebration is not M's best or most original lead single yet its so much better than any of that crap they play.

I cant see Radio 1 playing Revolver, the DJ's think they are too cool and they will slaughter Revolver. Its just far too cheesey and desperate to be young.

they can be - i know saturday can be a deciding day when 2 songs are very close in sales and the one lagging has taken over the leader.

Extending the lead- very nice.

She gained almost 11K and then 9K over the last couple of days- so, she could flirt with 70K by close of business on Saturday, I guess? Are sales traditionally higher on Saturday, since it's the weekend and all?