The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Glad you are back, how was Ibiza? Any tales of debauchery?

Ibiza was great - no debauchery - I currently have a boyfriend - that said, there was this gorgeous Irish guy who I hit if off with, who would have definitley done the trick had my status been different. :horny:

So where's X on the album chart then?

Positions from last week:

96. (117) ULTIMATE KYLIE (Kylie Minogue)

119. (114) X (Kylie Minogue)

No Kylie album in the Top 75 this week, we'll know the positions by midweek.

Positions from last week:

96. (117) ULTIMATE KYLIE (Kylie Minogue)

119. (114) X (Kylie Minogue)

No Kylie album in the Top 75 this week, we'll know the positions by midweek.

:chuckle:

"The One" (single) is #75 on iTunes. No physical release for this, and apparently Parlophone asked that it's a non-charting entry. But this hasn't been confirmed - we'll know on the midweeks tomorrow.

Guest Johnkm
apparently Parlophone asked that it's a non-charting entry

:goodbye:

Thats hardly surprising, without a video, and no cd, it wont exactly light up the charts. I do feel she has missed an opportunity with it though, its one of the strongest songs off the album, and with the tour rolling through at the moment, it could have done rather well. But oh well.

UK Midweeks

Singles

1 Kid Rock :D

2 Dizzee Rascal

3 Script :shock:

4 Jordin Sparks

5 Ne-Yo

Top 10

Saturdays

Top 15

Noah And The Whale

Madonna - GI2M

Top 30

September

Wiley

Ultrabeat vs Darren Styles

Top 40

Mint Royale

Alphabeat

Madonna - 4M

Rihanna - Disturbia

Natty

Albums

1 Coldplay

2 Abba

3 Duffy

4 Basshunter

5 Ting Tings

Top 10

Kid Rock

Nine Inch Nails

Rihanna

Top 15

Scooter

Alice Cooper

Top 20

Madonna - HC

Top 30

Ida Maria

Scars On Broadway

Pendulum

Top 40

Soulfly

HC sold around 8-8.5K. Total: ~248K.

GI2M around 13K. Total: ~70K.

4M around 5-6K. Total: ~390K.

No exact sales so far, unless funkydita shows up :angel:

Speak of the devil and all that...

This is Tuesday's update

GI2M - # 15, 2,753

4M - # 32, 1,164

HC - # 18, 1, 866

Oh, and The One is # 100 (!) with 349 sold (just ahead of Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince at #101 with 345 sold).

Madonna:

Singles Top 15 and Top 40

Album Top 20

GI2M has been a BONEFIDE hit outside of her core fanbase

Shame the album can't keep up the momentum but it's still doing better than AL, which she released at the same time of year and actually did some promotion for so it's not ALL BAD.

Imagine what it would have done had she "promoted it", "released it as the lead single", "filmed a video", "released it as a physical" and so on :lmao:

Apparently the X tour is being broadcast on Ch4 next week. No doubt the Kylie Show will also be in constant rotation on freeview channels in the coming few days in a DESPERATE attempt for sales.

:lol:

Guest Danny86
Shame the album can't keep up the momentum but it's still doing better than AL, which she released at the same time of year and actually did some promotion for so it's not ALL BAD.

If you go by chart run, HC walks over AL. AL was out of the Top 30 after 6 weeks while HC managed to climb back to the Top 10 even. Of course their sales are more or less the same still...

Speak of the devil and all that...

This is Tuesday's update

GI2M - # 15, 2,753

4M - # 32, 1,164

HC - # 18, 1, 866

Oh, and The One is # 100 (!) with 349 sold (just ahead of Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince at #101 with 345 sold).

Nice suprise that GITM is doing ok and not plummetting. HC is going to sell aroung 7-8k this week. Not looking good long terms. Anyone know the next single?

Ouch re TO. I know digital only releases take a while to get going but that is a shocking number although I recall 2 Hearts started off at 140 in the midweeks and then climbed to number 12 by the Sunday?

Anyhow, keep posting funkydita x

Guest Johnkm

SINGLES

01 Kid Rock

02 Dizzee Rascal

03 Script

04 Jordin Sparks

05 Ne-Yo

06 Basshunter

07 Gabriella Cilmi

08 Ting Tings

09 The Saturdays (NE)

10 Ironik

Top 20

Noah And The Whale

Madonna - #15 & #32 (GI2M / 4M)

Top 30

Ultrabeat vs Darren Styles

Top 40

Rihanna - Disturbia

Natty

And on a totally unrelated and utterly random note, one of my favourite bands is making an attempt to breakn into the Uk market, BWO, with lay your love on me, its sitting at #59, outselling kylie, how lovely :)

ALBUMS

01 Coldplay

02 Abba

03 Duffy

04 Basshunter

05 Ting Tings

06 Kid Rock (NE)

07 Sharleen Spiteri

08 Chris Brown

09 Nine Inch Nails (NE)

10 Rihanna

Top 20

Alice Cooper (NE)

Madonna (#18)

Top 30

Ida Maria (NE)

Scars On Broadway (NE)

Top 40

Soulfly (NE)

Edited by Johnkm

Thanks funkydita :D

YTD Singles as per Haven:

1 1 Duffy Mercy 470605

2 2 Nickelback Rockstar 412445

3 3 Basshunter feat DJ Mental Now you're gone 408600

4 4 Estelle feat Kanye West American boy 401080

5 5 Madonna 4 minutes 389270

6 6 Sam Sparro Black and Gold 347545

7 7 Flo Rida feat T Pain Low 333790

8 8 Rihanna Don’t stop the music 272505

9 9 Adele Chasing pavements 267745

10 11 Rihanna Take a bow 255000

If the single doesn't plummet quickly, there's a chance it might end up at #3 -when both Estelle and it jump over Basshunter and Nickelback- in 4-5 weeks. Sam Sparro's new single is out now so it should take sales off Black and Gold.

Guest Nichu94
Thanks funkydita :D

YTD Singles as per Haven:

1 1 Duffy Mercy 470605

2 2 Nickelback Rockstar 412445

3 3 Basshunter feat DJ Mental Now you're gone 408600

4 4 Estelle feat Kanye West American boy 401080

5 5 Madonna 4 minutes 389270

6 6 Sam Sparro Black and Gold 347545

7 7 Flo Rida feat T Pain Low 333790

8 8 Rihanna Don’t stop the music 272505

9 9 Adele Chasing pavements 267745

10 11 Rihanna Take a bow 255000

If the single doesn't plummet quickly, there's a chance it might end up at #3 -when both Estelle and it jump over Basshunter and Nickelback- in 4-5 weeks. Sam Sparro's new single is out now so it should take sales off Black and Gold.

4M is the 5th best selling in USA too!

I really hope she can oversell Estelle...

American Boy is a nice song but on radio (in ITALY) they play it ALL DAY LONG and I can't hear it anymore !!

Anyway is there exact TOT for HC?

Edited by Nichu94

Will be posted here when available. Doubt we'll have exact sales though, just a quite approximate estimate - same as the singles!

From digitalspy:

Good news for Kid Rock, bad news for Kylie :lmao:

Brace yourselves... Kid Rock's going to be No.1 on Sunday. Well, probably. His 'Sweet Home Alabama'-sampling semi-novelty smash 'All Summer Long' is currently in pole position in the midweeks, with last week's chart-topper, 'Dance Wiv Me' by Dizzee Rascal and Calvin Harris, in second, and 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved' by The Script in third.

And the good news doesn't end there for Pamela Anderson's ex. The LP from whence 'All Summer Long' came, the modestly-titled Rock N Roll Jesus, is poised to become Rock's first UK top ten album on Sunday and the highest new entry of the week to boot. It never rains but it pours, eh?

While champagne corks are popping at the Rock residence, doors will be slamming (daintily) :lmao: in Kylie's dressing room at the O2 Arena. Her latest single, 'The One', is currently at a woeful #100 in the midweeks :lmao:. Unless something dramatic happens over the next five days, it'll become her lowest-charting single ever. :lmao:

'The One's horrendous chart showing will surely raise eyebrows, but the fact that it's flopping is hardly a surprise. Kylie's a visual artist :lmao: with loyal fans who enjoy buying CD singles, :lmao: so 'The One's been released as a download-only single without a video. 'The One' is the most popular song from an under-performing album, so it's been released as its fourth single. We think the whole thing's a bit of a mess - and something tells us a few of you might agree.