Finland: #29 (+1)

France: #27 (-6)

Germany: #24 (-1)

Greece (Int'l Albums): #35 (-29)

Hong Kong (HMV): #29 (-6)

Hungary: #7 (no movement)

World charts - Musicchart

Hard Candy nr 15 (-4) 61.400 copies sold ( total 3.187.600 ) week 20

Finally, Hard Candy has reached 3 million in sales!!!!!!!

..and it is not a flopped album! :dramatic:

^ Well thats only with Music Charts, who's figures are vastly higher than mediatraffic, which is more accurate, 3 weeks time HC will pass the 3 million mark

2008's BEST SELLERS TO DATE

Coldplay Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 5.139.000/ 5.333.400

Duffy Rockferry 3.316.000/ 3.442.320

Madonna Hard Candy 2.893.000/ 3.004.680

Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 2.640.000/ 2.741.240

Jack Johnson Sleep Through The Static 2.518.000/ 2.617.760

Soundtrack Mamma Mia! 2.187.000/ 2.261.240

Michael Jackson Thriller (25th Anniversary Reissue) 2.157.000/ 2.242.560

Mariah Carey E=MC2 1.805.500/ 1.877.020

Usher Here I Stand 1.657.000/ 1.722.080

Soundtrack Camp Rock 1.171.000/ 1.214.680

------------------------

http://www.worldwidealbums.net/

Italy Fimi Nielsen sales charts :

Album :

Hard Candy nr 7 (-2)

The Immaculate collection nr 96 re-entry

Singles ( only download ):

Give it to me nr 4 (=)

DVD :

The confession tour nr 10

Guest FuckBuddy
... and up to #8 on the overall chart, from outside the Top 50! :D

well the hype for the athens date is unprecedented, i'd be gutted if HC is not certified platinum in the next few weeks.

They downloaded the songs they liked. Illegally, of course.

Well, there are two platinum albums above her on the chart and they've been out for fewer weeks, so I don't think it's the download market that is hurting her here. I think people just aren't that motivated to buy this CD based on what they've heard in concert. Strange though, I actually thought this album was pretty decent.

Alexz, your signature pic is highly distracting. ;)

Well, as I said, they downloaded the songs they liked, and, as you said, they aren't that motivated to buy this CD based on what they've heard in concert, because it's bad, IMO, illegally, of course. Does this make sense? :p

well the hype for the athens date is unprecedented, i'd be gutted if HC is not certified platinum in the next few weeks.

Curious as to how the concert will go there. The anticipation is huge and the stadium is TOO big for a Madonna concert. Greeks may be up to a dissapointment .. but let's wait ...

Curious as to how the concert will go there. The anticipation is huge and the stadium is TOO big for a Madonna concert. Greeks may be up to a dissapointment .. but let's wait ...

I don't think there will be dissapointment. Madonna should prepare herself for a very enthusiastic crowd. I just hope that the weather won't spoil it...

Portugal:

#10 (+1)

Astounding. This album has only sold 10,000 copies in Portugal, and a concert there of 70,000+ people pushes it up ONE place?

Gold means it shipped that amount while certified. It was certified 2 or 3 weeks after release. It's the 17th week the album is inside TOP 30 so It could possible be already platinum or more but not yet certified as labels have to ask for it. Sales should be already close to 20.000 if not superior already... but yes people tent to spend a lot of money on concerts and get music from "free" downloads here in Portugal ;)

By the way. "The Confessions Tour" DVD re-enters at #16 on the TOP 30 MUSIC DVD CHART.

Gold means it shipped that amount while certified. It was certified 2 or 3 weeks after release. It's the 17th week the album is inside TOP 30 so It could possible be already platinum or more but not yet certified as labels have to ask for it. Sales should be already close to 20.000 if not superior already...

I think it´s happening the same in spain:I´m sure it has sold the 30.000 copies you need to be certified gold, but it´s not been certified yet

Gold means it shipped that amount while certified. It was certified 2 or 3 weeks after release. It's the 17th week the album is inside TOP 30 so It could possible be already platinum or more but not yet certified as labels have to ask for it.

I know that, but still - even if it is platinum (20,000) that means there are plenty of people who do not own it. And to move up the album chart in Portugal, you only need to increase your sales by a few hundred copies. So I guess my concern is that she couldn't even manage that. I suppose PLATINUM will be the best we can hope for in this territory.

but yes people tent to spend a lot of money on concerts and get music from "free" downloads here in Portugal ;)

Well, that doesn't explain why there are 5 multi-platinum albums in the Top 30 then.

Dissapointment about what? The stadium is huge but it was so small finally for the concert! It was so packed! Everything was amazing! I saw sticky and sweet in London and Athens was way better! No words!

Well, that doesn't explain why there are 5 multi-platinum albums in the Top 30 then.

I guess we could rephrase that to: " That doesn't explain why there are "only" 5 multi-platinum albums in the Top 30 then."

10 years ago half of those albuns would be multi-platinum, but the market is just very weak right now.

:)

I guess we could rephrase that to: " That doesn't explain why there are "only" 5 multi-platinum albums in the Top 30 then."

10 years ago half of those albuns would be multi-platinum, but the market is just very weak right now.

I love the excuses people are making for this album, and I am not saying that because I want it to fail. The argument being made was "people are downloading the album illegally which is why its sales have not increased as much post-Lisbon show." However, that doesn't explain how other albums have sold more in the same period with less exposure. Are we speculating that only Madonna's music is now subject to illegal download?

thanks to jion from ukmix forum

The concert in Athens had an amazic effect on

iTunes Greece

Hard Candy #1

COADF #14 (was at 9)

ROL #62

IGTTYAS #67, AL #68, LAP #98

sINGLES

#2 GI2M

#3 4M

#4 MA

+ANOTHER 9 songs in top100, but at one time there were 30 of her songs, old and new, inthe top 100, if you can believe it

I love the excuses people are making for this album, and I am not saying that because I want it to fail. The argument being made was "people are downloading the album illegally which is why its sales have not increased as much post-Lisbon show." However, that doesn't explain how other albums have sold more in the same period with less exposure. Are we speculating that only Madonna's music is now subject to illegal download?

I didnt even mentioned Madonna on my analysis. I simply spoke in general terms about the market. A few years ago a #1 album would normally be platinum only based on its first week sales, now its quite rare actuall, maybe except during the Xmas time.

Sure, Hard Candy is not as popular as Confessions here in Portugal, but can you tell me wich albuns you said sold more in the same period with less exposure here?