Hard Candy around the worldwide charts

Guest Hafo

Bit of a tumble in Japan:

#47, 3989 copies. Total: ~240K.

Down to #9 in Mexico, repeats at #5 in Czech Republic and at #22 in Austria. Re-entry at #30 in Portugal.

Billboard.biz:

Coldplay Stay At Euro Chart Summit

By Paul Sexton, London

Coldplay's "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" (Parlophone/EMI) starts a sixth week atop European Top 100 Albums, while Kid Rock moves into a third week at No. 1 on Eurochart Hot 100 Singles with "All Summer Long" (Topdog/Atlantic/Warner Music).

The Coldplay album moves back to No. 1 in the United Kingdom, France and the Belgian region of Wallony, as U.K. sales to last weekend climb to 768,000.

"Viva" falls 1-2 in Germany, Switzerland and Finland and 1-4 in Greece, but is still No. 1 in Holland and Ireland. It's not the U.K.'s bestselling album of the week, which appears instead on the separate compilations chart. "Now That's What I Call Music! 70" (EMI/Virgin/UMTV) sells 383,000 in its first week, 243 units ahead of "Now 69" in March. Official U.K. Charts Company figures put total U.K sales for the entire "Now" series, over 25 years, at more than 75 million.

Duffy's "Rockferry" (A&M/Universal) spends a sixth week at No. 2 on the composite chart, posting climbs of 4-3 in Holland, 11-4 in Spain, 10-7 in France and holding at No. 1 in Sweden. Amy Winehouse moves back 5-3 overall with "Back To Black" (Universal Island), now in its 85th week on the pan-Eurochart chart. Its best move is a 16-10 jump in Greece.

Madonna is at No. 4 on Top 100 Albums for a sixth week running with "Hard Candy" (Warner Bros.). She too has a good week in Greece, climbing 4-2.

Bit of a tumble in Japan:

#47, 3989 copies. Total: ~240K.

The Japanese drama, CHANGE - which features "Miles Away" in the closing credits - ended its run the previous week. She's not getting the TV exposure anymore. No matter though, she's already eligible for platinum there no doubt.

Guest tir69

world charts update :

Mucicharts:

Hard Candy nr 9 (-2 ) 86.800 copies ( total 2.740.000 in 14 weeks )

Give it to me nr 10 (+1)

4 Minutes nr 17 (-2)

Mediatraffic:

Hard Candy nr 11 ( -2 ) 71.000 copies ( total 2.500.000 in 14 weeks )

Give it to me nr 8 (+1)

4 Minutes nr 10 (-6)

Guest tir69

Italy sales charts FIMI Nielsen

Hard Candy nr 5 (0) - weeks 14

Give it to me nr 3 (+1) only downloads chart

The confession tour re-enter at 16 on the dvd chart

Guest tir69

Italy sales chart by Musica & dischi :

Album : Hard Candy stay at 6 ( week 14 )

Singles :

Give it to me stay at 3

4 Minutes down at 5 (-1)

Airplay : Give it to me nr 9 (+2)

Guest tir69

Some Itunes update around the world

Italy :

Hard Candy nr 9 and nr 50

Give it to me ep nr 43

Give it to me nr 4

4 Minutes nr 43 and nr 50

Hung up nr 61

UK :

Hard Candy nr 59

Give it to me nr 18

4 Minutes nr 36

German :

Hard Candy nr 37 and nr 61

Give it to me nr 11

4 Minutes nr 31

Spain :

Hard Candy nr 23

Give it to me nr 38

4 Minutes nr 24

France :

Hard Candy nr 12

Give it to me nr 18

4 Minutes nr 57

Canada :

Hard Candy nr 55 and nr 63

Give it to me nr 35

4 Minutes nr 29

Australian :

Hard Candy not top 100

Give it to me nr 34

4 Minutes nr 32

Japan :

Hard Candy not top 100

Give it to me not top 100

4 Minutes nr not top 100

Miles away nr 57

USA :

Hard Candy not top 100

Give it to me not top 100

4 Minutes nr 56

Up to #20 in Austria, to #23 in Spain, down to #9 in Czech Republic and to #10 in Finland. Repeats at #8 in Switzerland.

Coldplay Scores Magnificent Seven In Europe

August 07, 2008 - Global

HC 7(4) European Album

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_dis...1ee5e896be08f21

By Paul Sexton, London

There's no change at the top of Billboard's pan-European sales charts, with Coldplay's "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" (Parlophone/EMI) entering a seventh week atop European Top 100 Albums, and Kid Rock into a fourth week at No. 1 on Eurochart Hot 100 Singles with "All Summer Long" (Topdog/Atlantic/Warner Music).

Coldplay lead five individual album charts around Europe, holding at the top in France, the Netherlands, Ireland and the Belgian region of Wallony and climbing back 2-1 in Switzerland. The single "Viva La Vida" races 25-7 on the Eurochart after a No. 5 debut in Germany and a 7-5 climb in Switzerland, holding at No. 8 in Italy. The track is also No. 1 on the European Radio Airplay chart, tabulated by Nielsen Music Control

In an unchanged top three on the Europe-wide album chart, Duffy is at No. 2 again with "Rockferry" (A&M/Universal) and Amy Winehouse at No. 3 with "Back To Black" (Universal Island). Duffy is at No. 1 for a fourth week in Sweden, and climbs 3-2 in Holland, 4-3 in the United Kingdom, 7-4 in France, 6-4 in Switzerland and 7-5 in Flanders and rests at No.3 in Finland. Winehouse, meanwhile, moves up a place in each of four European markets, 4-3 in Spain, 5-4 in Holland, 9-8 in Germany and 11-10 in Italy.

Polydor/Universal's "Mamma Mia!" movie soundtrack is up 5-4 on Top 100 Albums, retaining No. 1 spots in Norway, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Hungary and Greece. It holds at No. 3 in Switzerland, climbs 5-4 in Germany and is No. 2 again on the U.K.'s separate compilations chart.

The big gainer in the pan-European album top ten is Kid Rock's "Rock 'n' Roll Jesus," which races 19-5, fuelled by a No. 4 debut in the United Kingdom on sales of 19,000. It's also new at No. 4 in Ireland and remains at No.3 in Austria.

Abba's "Gold -- Greatest Hits" (Polydor/Universal) is up 7-6 overall after moving 2-1 to top the U.K. chart for the first time for nine years, and fifth in its 16-year shelf-life. That gives the compilation the longest span of No. 1 appearances in U.K. chart history, with total sales in that market of 4.1 million making it the fourth bestselling album ever there, according to the Official Charts Company.

Madonna's "Hard Candy" (Warner Bros.) drops to No.7 on the composite chart after six weeks at No. 4, holding at No. 4 in Hungary and No.5 in Italy. Paul Potts climbs 9-8 overall with "One Chance" (Syco Music/Sony BMG) after scoring a second week at No.1 in Germany.

Amy Macdonald's "This Is The Life" (Mercury/Universal) falls 6-9 on Top 100 Albums after dropping 1-2 in Switzerland but climbing 7-5 in Wallony and 10-9 in Germany, while Carla Bruni's "Comme Si De Rien N'Etait" (Teorema/Naive) is down 8-10 overall, holding at No. 2 in France and climbing 3-2 in Wallony.

Kid Rock's Warren Zevon/Lynyrd Skynyrd remake becomes his first No.1 -- indeed his first top 20 hit -- in the United Kingdom, up 2-1 with weekly sales of 37,000. It's also No. 1 again in Germany, Switzerland, Ireland and Austria and climbs 3-1 in Holland. The biggest climber in the Eurochart top 10 is Katy Perry's U.S. smash "I Kissed A Girl" (Virgin/EMI), which zooms 81-8 after a No. 4 U.K. debut on sales of 23,000. It's also up 5-4 in Norway, 22-7 in Italy and No. 2 again in Denmark.

News are doing the rounds about Warner Music reporting a narrower third- quarter loss, beating analysts' estimates as international sales and currency-related gains boosted revenue. They mention that Hard Candy is their best selling international album, along with albums from Luis Miguel, Plies, Frank Sinatra and Disturbed.

Hopefully they'll release updated worldwide shipment figures soon - latest number was 2.7M shipped + 300K digital sold.

World chart :

Musicchart : Hard Candy stay at 9 with 85000 copies sold ( total 2.852.200 )

Mediatraffic : Hard Candy down to 16 with 63000 copies sold ( total 2.563.000 )

Taiwan (Int'l Chart) #18 (re-entry)

The Philippines (overall Odyssey chart) #10 (re-entry)

"Give It 2 Me" is also Top 5 in the Philippines (thus the album's resurgence).

Billboard.biz

Coldplay Score Ninth Week Atop Euro Chart

August 21, 2008

By Paul Sexton, London

Abba's "Gold - Greatest Hits" (Polydor/Universal) dips 5-6 on Top 100 Albums as it falls 1-2 on the U.K. chart, but Madonna's 16th consecutive week in the aggregate top ten with "Hard Candy" (Warner Bros.) is marked by an 8-7 climb. Classical crossover vocalist Paul Potts also moves back up 9-8 with "One Chance" (Syco Music/Sony BMG), which tops the German chart for a fourth week.

It's still Top 10 in the following countries:

#3 Hungary

#6 Czech Republic and Mexico

#7 Switzerland

Most probably in Italy as well. We'll know if it keeps Top 10 position in Argentina and Belgium/Wallonie soon!

World charts :

Musiccharts :

Hard Candy nr 11 (-2) , copies sold 76.700 , week 17 , total 2.983.900

Give it to me nr 10 (-1) , week 9 . peak 9

4 Minutes nr 30 (-3) , week 22 , peak 1

Album off the Top 50 of the Australian chart. I think there is a site that published the Top 100 Albums chart, will try to track this week's position.

Switzerland: #6 (+1) - I hope it pulls a "Horsens, Denmark" move when she performs in Zurich (i.e. returns to #1)

Hong Kong (HMV chart): #29 (-8)