Madonna on the United World Chart

sniper

Guest jamesshot
I am glad you posted this one... ignore Alexz Jay...

Yes, since they have albums out at the same time, it is natural to compare them. And they are both in a league of their own as music stars so its natural. Relax Alexz.

Guest tir69

Next week 4 Minutes for sure will be again nr 1 but on the album chart I think there's a challenge between Hard Candy and Duffy. HC in my opinion has 40% chance to stay for a 4th week at 1 and Duffy 60%.

Guest traherne
Mariah (5 weeks)

US (YTD):

WW (YTD): 1,320,214

Madonna (3 weeks)

US (YTD):

WW (YTD): 1,384,000

I have NOTHING against Mariah, but someone needs to send this to Roger Friedman.

That said, album sales really are in the sh**ter. Will HC cross the 5-million mark?

Edited by traherne

Guest ercos
In 3 weeks time Madonna has the 3rd best selling album of the year. What a flop! :dramatic::dramatic::thumbsup:

whats the top2 so far?

Guest patrickovy

another (7th) week at #1 for 4 Minutes :)

1. 4 Minutes - Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake, Warner Bros. - 449.000 - 7 weeks at No.1

2. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis, Syco Music - 303.000

3. Love In This Club - Usher feat. Young Jeezy, Laface / RCA - 264.000

Total points for 4M is 3 921 000. :)

another (7th) week at #1 for 4 Minutes :)

1. 4 Minutes - Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake, Warner Bros. - 449.000 - 7 weeks at No.1

2. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis, Syco Music - 303.000

3. Love In This Club - Usher feat. Young Jeezy, Laface / RCA - 264.000

Total points for 4M is 3 921 000. :)

:clap: Hopefully the album can remain at #1 as well.

Next week 4 Minutes for sure will be again nr 1 but on the album chart I think there's a challenge between Hard Candy and Duffy. HC in my opinion has 40% chance to stay for a 4th week at 1 and Duffy 60%.

Why?

Madonna outsells Duffy in the 3 first Major world markets :

Usa Madonna slightly ahead

Europe Madonn a N°1 for thr fourth week before Duffy

Japan Madonna WAY ahead

Where would Duffy's lead come front ????? :confused:

In 3 weeks time Madonna has the 3rd best selling album of the year. What a flop! :dramatic::dramatic::thumbsup:

The 3rd best selling album released in 2008. Back to black (released in 2006/7) has sold more than 1.3m in 2008 I believe?

Why?

Madonna outsells Duffy in the 3 first Major world markets :

Usa Madonna slightly ahead

Europe Madonn a N°1 for thr fourth week before Duffy

Japan Madonna WAY ahead

Where would Duffy's lead come front ????? :confused:

OOPS I just realize Duffa was 5 k and something head of her on Billboard .

Mmm We'll see in a few hours

The Euro chart is based on points not sales. Madonna could be #1 in Latvia, Bulgaria and Chipre and Duffy #1 in the UK yet Madonna would have more points but not more sales. Did I made this clear?

Guest Hafo

Alexz: Eurochart covers mostly Western Europe, but as you say it's point based, with the big 3 (UK, FR, DE) getting a bigger percentage.

From MediaTraffic main chart:

MADONNA'S 'HARD CANDY' OCCUPIES THE

TOP SPOT A FOURTH CONSECUTIVE WEEK

AND SOLD ANOTHER 200.000 COPIES...

... AND ON THE TRACK CHART HER '4 MINUTES'

SHINES HIGH ABOVE THE COMPETITION

FOR A SEVENTH WEEK IN A ROW.

Now the album page is updated. It sold 198.000, for a total of 1.582.000.

Usher will be #1 next week.

Oh thanks. I wasn't sure but I used those countries as mere examples.

Guest harbors

Mariah (6 weeks)

US (YTD): 930,857

WW (YTD): 1,402,214

Madonna (4 weeks)

US (YTD): 465,633

WW (YTD): 1,582,000 :thumbsup:

US Sales: Hits Daily Double (www.hitsdailydouble.com) & Billboard (www.billboard.com)

Worldwide Sales: United World Chart (www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm)

THE TOP-SELLING ALBUMS ACCORDING TO GLOBAL SALES DATA AND NATIONAL ALBUM-CHARTS. IMPORTANT SOURCES: IFPI, NIELSEN SOUND SCAN (USA, CANADA), ORICON & SOUND SCAN (JAPAN), OFFICIAL UK CHARTS COMPANY (UNITED KINGDOM), SNEP / IFOP (FRANCE), MEDIA CONTROL (GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND), ARIA (AUSTRALIA), AFYVE & MEDIA CONTROL (SPAIN), FIMI / AC NIELSEN (ITALY), ABPD (BRAZIL), AMPROFON (MEXICO), MEGA CHARTS BV (NETHERLANDS), GLF (SWEDEN), VERDENS GANG (NORWAY), AC NIELSEN (DENMARK, BELGIUM), YLE (FINLAND), AFP (PORTUGAL), ZPAV (POLAND), RIANZ (NEW ZEALAND), RIM (MALAYSIA), CAPIF (ARGENTINA), AND OTHER. COMPILATIONS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. COMPILED AND PROVIDED BY MEDIA TRAFFIC.

COPYRIGHT © 2008, MEDIA TRAFFIC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Guest aaronj

4 to 5 more weeks with 450.000 points and above per week and 4 Minutes will be in the Top Achievement chart.

And I think Apologize will over take Believe as the #1 Top Achievement soon.

Mariah (6 weeks)

US (YTD): 930,857

WW (YTD): 1,402,214

Madonna (4 weeks)

US (YTD): 465,633

WW (YTD): 1,582,000 :thumbsup:

way, way groovy!!! she is sooo kicking down the coblestones!!

:vanitybonet: :inlove:

Alexz: Eurochart covers mostly Western Europe, but as you say it's point based, with the big 3 (UK, FR, DE) getting a bigger percentage.

From MediaTraffic main chart:

MADONNA'S 'HARD CANDY' OCCUPIES THE

TOP SPOT A FOURTH CONSECUTIVE WEEK

AND SOLD ANOTHER 200.000 COPIES...

... AND ON THE TRACK CHART HER '4 MINUTES'

SHINES HIGH ABOVE THE COMPETITION

FOR A SEVENTH WEEK IN A ROW.

Now the album page is updated. It sold 198.000, for a total of 1.582.000.

Usher will be #1 next week.

Seriously. This backlash she is having is just too much! I dont think her career will survive!

:lmao::thumbsup:

The Media Traffic numbers this week seem a tad high. There is a meltdown going on over at UKMix about them. I do think they are a bit over-estimated. I was thinking 170,000 copies this week (ww) if we were lucky. Oh well...

Guest tir69
The Media Traffic numbers this week seem a tad high. There is a meltdown going on over at UKMix about them. I do think they are a bit over-estimated. I was thinking 170,000 copies this week (ww) if we were lucky. Oh well...

I saw the topic on ukmix , as always Mj Dangerous isn't agree if the sales are good for some artists, he's happy only when he can talk about a flop. This happen with Mariah, Madonna,Celine etc.. anyway , Mediatraffic isn't an official source and in my opinion they wrong sometimes , they didn't count the sales if the album isn't in their top 40 and this is a huge mistakes. For examples if an artist stay at nr 41 for 10 weeks these weeks aren't added to the numbers reaches when the album was on the top 40, this is insane cause they compile an album chart of all time without a lot of sales date.

That Michael Jackson freak fan on UKmix (MJDangerous) is bitching around because he knows that Madonna will outsell Michael Jackson during the next years.

Guest Hafo

Nobody has claimed those sales to be accurate, but it's the same methodology they use for all albums: known sales for the biggest markets, then an approximation based on chart position and market size for the rest. So not sure why people complain that much.

The only known, factual sales we know of HC are the 2.5 million copies shipped by Warners.

Guest Hafo

:chuckle: MJDangerous went into a HUGE fissy drama huff and deleted most of his posts in UKMix.

In all fairness, some of the Madonna fans in the Hard Candy chart thread were beyond ridiculous, but oh well.

:chuckle: MJDangerous went into a HUGE fissy drama huff and deleted most of his posts in UKMix.

In all fairness, some of the Madonna fans in the Hard Candy chart thread were beyond ridiculous, but oh well.

Honestly, it was getting hard to read the HARD CANDY thread at all. 3 or 4 pages was just fighting alone. :confused: