2/16/08: Kumi Koda - Kingdom 421.000

2/23/08: Jack Johnson - Sleep Through The Static 557.000

3/01/08: Michael Jackson - Thriller (25th Anniversary Reissue) 381.000

3/29/08: Kou Shibasaki - Single Best 227.000

4/05/08: Hikaru Utada - Heart Station 480.000

4/12/08: Exile - Exile Catchy Best 680.000

4/19/08: R.E.M. - Accelerate 298.000

5/03/08: Mariah Carey - E=MC2 617.000

Madonna should be a shoe in for #1 debut so far this year on the world chart.

2008 DEBUTS ON THE UWC WEEK BY WEEK SO FAR:

1/19/08: Radiohead - In Rainbows 316,000

2/02/08: Bank Band - Soushi Souai 176,000

2/16/08: Kumi Koda - Kingdom 421.000

2/23/08: Jack Johnson - Sleep Through The Static 557.000

3/01/08: Michael Jackson - Thriller (25th Anniversary Reissue) 381.000

3/29/08: Kou Shibasaki - Single Best 227.000

4/05/08: Hikaru Utada - Heart Station 480.000

4/12/08: Exile - Exile Catchy Best 680.000

4/19/08: R.E.M. - Accelerate 298.000

5/03/08: Mariah Carey - E=MC2 617.000

Madonna should be a shoe in for #1 debut so far this year on the world chart.

Sure she will...

US+UK+Japan= 450 k

Will it sell 350 k in the rest of the world?

Well it depends on rest bigest markets as France Germany Italy Spain and Canada

Surely it's sale is much higher than AL which took over 600k

For sure it will be higest this year's debut ......800 - 900K i guess

actually she won't have the highest debut week this year since she already debuted at #17 with 44k copies... it's because the release dates have differ pretty much between markets...

but she'll probably have the highest (so far for 08) and at least one of the highest one week sales (for whole 08) when more sales will be added to her second week...

I'm actually pretty positive that she could end up having the biggest album of 2008 worldwide if she plays her cards right and keep monumentum by releasing the right singles for the right markets...

actually she won't have the highest debut week this year since she already debuted at #17 with 44k copies... it's because the release dates have differ pretty much between markets...

but she'll probably have the highest (so far for 08) and at least one of the highest one week sales (for whole 08) when more sales will be added to her second week...

I'm actually pretty positive that she could end up having the biggest album of 2008 worldwide if she plays her cards right and keep monumentum by releasing the right singles for the right markets...

Well ok it will be most saled 1# this year so far

and i don't think mediatraffic.de is good i think that numbers on Musicharts.net are more realistic

Edited by Macko

my formula for WW sales

first week = US + UK + 2.7x(France+Japan+Canada) = 282 + 95 + 2.7x(62+55+58) = 850K

I count 62K for France like if it was released on Monday

Sounds promising. Hope you´re right.

Guest tir69
my formula for WW sales

first week = US + UK + 2.7x(France+Japan+Canada) = 282 + 95 + 2.7x(62+55+58) = 850K

I count 62K for France like if it was released on Monday

In france HC did 37.000 the first two days (just charted on the Mediatraffic ) and repeat another 37000 copies sold in the second week. Total around 74.000 copies sold in 9 days

On The United World Chart's main page

http://www.mediatraffic.de/

newbitmapimageaa4.png

Hard Candy is listed as the #1 album in the world with sales of 758,000(+ last week's 1 Country 5 day total of 44,000)for a grand total of 802,000 sold wordwide.(Meanwhile MooMoo=KFCsquared hasn't even sold 1.1 million worldwide after 3 full weeks of Global release)

4 Minutes is now also in it's 4th week at #1 :dramatic:

interesting....

Hard Candy sells 70k less in the USA than COAD did and lots of people say USA sucks!

Hard Candy sells 478k less than COAD did outside of the USA. I guess that means the rest of the world sucks too!

no...thats 802k after 2 weeks.

That's yes... and no... First week sales were street violation dates that happened in some coutries like France where powerfull FNAC put the album on shelves 2 days earlier.

interesting....

Hard Candy sells 70k less in the USA than COAD did and lots of people say USA sucks!

Hard Candy sells 478k less than COAD did outside of the USA. I guess that means the rest of the world sucks too!

These numbers are meaningless unless you put them into perspective, i.e. percentages. Secondly, Hard Candy was recorded thinking of the American market, CODF was very European-oriented. Of course HC wasnt gonna sell as well as CODF in Europe, I think everyone expected that.

interesting....

:chuckle:

November and April are two different months retards.

Really? who would have guessed?

These numbers are meaningless unless you put them into perspective, i.e. percentages. Secondly, Hard Candy was recorded thinking of the American market, CODF was very European-oriented. Of course HC wasnt gonna sell as well as CODF in Europe, I think everyone expected that.

before i get crucified for saying the album is a flop (which i'm not; i'm very happy with the figures) the point i was trying to make is that so many people bitch that she didnt do well in the USA yet she technically did worse in the rest of the world. it gets very old hearing USA sucks because she didnt sell more.

now, putting it into perspective, the USA has a population of 303 million people and she sold 280k. the rest of the world has a population of 6.3 billion people and she sold 802k. hmmmmmmm!

before i get crucified for saying the album is a flop (which i'm not; i'm very happy with the figures) the point i was trying to make is that so many people bitch that she didnt do well in the USA yet she technically did worse in the rest of the world. it gets very old hearing USA sucks because she didnt sell more.

now, putting it into perspective, the USA has a population of 303 million people and she sold 280k. the rest of the world has a population of 6.3 billion people and she sold 802k. hmmmmmmm!

Oh come on. China and India represent 2 of those 6 billion, those are poor countries, she won't sell 1 million copies on first week in those countries.

However I agree with everything else you said, Euro guys here are so lame calling themselves better just because Madonna is bigger there than in the US.

Guest danielal

I actually live in Europe and a little dissapointed and surprised!

between US Japan Canada Australia she did 410 k

other countries outside Europe ~ 50 k

so what surprises me is that this means that in Europe she did only~ 300 k just about what she did in US

but in time this will all change cause the album is great it will have long legs there's a tour coming and it will sell just like Amy Winehouse 's album WW

I actually live in Europe and a little dissapointed and surprised!

between US Japan Canada Australia she did 410 k

other countries outside Europe ~ 50 k

so what surprises me is that this means that in Europe she did only~ 300 k just about what she did in US

but in time this will all change cause the album is great it will have long legs there's a tour coming and it will sell just like Amy Winehouse 's album WW

If the Europeans listen to Give it to me, Miles Away and Devil they'll buy it immediatelY!