Madonna on the United World Chart

sniper

Will Bleeding love have replaced #1 from 4 Minutes next week chart??

I'm so worry about it! :dramatic:

Don't be, I actually think the 548k record points set by HUNG UP will be broken next week...

for the week 19 / 2008 - May 10

1 (1) 4 Minutes - Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake 1XPLATINUM

Warner Bros. - 490.000 - 3 weeks at No.1 - Largest Points Increase

2 (2) Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis 3XPLATINUM

Syco Music - 377.000

I wonder what Madge will shift globally her 1rst week.... any ideas?

NEW #17 Madonna - Hard Candy - 44.000

This must be Street Violations Worldwide... so expect around 1 million next week ;)

NEW #17 Madonna - Hard Candy - 44.000

This must be Street Violations Worldwide... so expect around 1 million next week ;)

It must be sales in France 37k and few little european contries

Edited by Macko

It must be sales in France 37k and few little european contries

hmm... it has sold 20.000 already just in Sweden... 15.000 in Finland...

and obviously more in France, Germany & the UK

which days does this chart track?

Anyway she'll be #1 next week...

All sales would be added next week exepct France first week i think

Guest marsha
for the week 19 / 2008 - May 10

1 (1) 4 Minutes - Madonna feat. Justin Timberlake 1XPLATINUM

Warner Bros. - 490.000 - 3 weeks at No.1 - Largest Points Increase

2 (2) Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis 3XPLATINUM

Syco Music - 377.000

take a leaf out of its book iTunes!

Admin counts sales if the album is charting on the official charts

Hard Candy is charting in France #1 (37K) and Sweden #1 (7K I guess) this week

20K in Sweden, 15K in finland, 60K in Netherlands,.... are shipments by Warner. Not real sales!

Admin counts sales if the album is charting on the official charts

Hard Candy is charting in France #1 (37K) and Sweden #1 (7K I guess) this week

20K in Sweden, 15K in finland, 60K in Netherlands,.... are shipments by Warner. Not real sales!

mhmm...

well that would make sense then...

btw I don't like that cert is given by shipments... it's kind of misleading... it should be sales that should be counted...

btw I don't like that cert is given by shipments... it's kind of misleading... it should be sales that should be counted...

Madonna gets her money by shipments... so do Record Labels... and that's the only reazon why those cert exist - for Artists and Record Companies show off how much they sell to stores.

Madonna gets her money by shipments... so do Record Labels... and that's the only reazon why those cert exist - for Artists and Record Companies show off how much they sell to stores.

ok... I get it...

but still misleading...

regular people look at it like "oh she sold platinum... that's good!" when it's a matter of fact not real sales but just how many copies the stores bought...

so that could mean that the albums are less popular than what is shown to the public...

truly misleading... but I get it though...

A store won't buy 100,000 copies [Or whatever platinum is in whatever country] just because, there's a thing called DEMAND. If an album sells platinum is because it was demanded by the public.

Guest traherne
A store won't buy 100,000 copies [Or whatever platinum is in whatever country] just because, there's a thing called DEMAND. If an album sells platinum is because it was demanded by the public.

Besides, it's easy to track how many copies were sold to retailers... tracking how many were actually sold to the public, not so much.

Really though, why the early debut?

Mainly because it was out earlier in some coutries, like France where 2 first days of selling counted to the charts. It seems that will only 2 days she will debut at #01 in France though.

There are other couple of small european coutries with earlier releases or Street Violation sales that got the album to the charts.

E=MC2 sold approximately 906,000 copies in the first 2 weeks. VERY INTERESTING.

In the first week the local star's sales were 75% in the US alone and in the 2nd week 63%... a little bit wierd about second week though because it has dropped like a stone in most countries...

Guest danielal
Madonna has very high chances of reaching that number with first week sales :thumbsup:

I have a question for a chart expert! 4 minutes is on the UWC nr 1. The 2 million symbol on the right is only for sales or it also includes airplay points?

If this is so then it means hasn't sold yet 2 million worldwide? How much do you estimate 4 minutes has sold WW? 1 500 000? 1 600 000?

Guest Hafo

The triangle symbol means points calculated by MediaTraffic for their chart tallying. It's a combination of sales, airplay and voting, so in reality it doesn't mean anything particularly specific in terms of actual sales or airplay impressions; however it's a good indicator of relative positions against other songs.

I estimate worldwide sales of 4M in the 1.6M vicinity now. The bulk of it comes from US, so it might reach 2M soon. Would love to see updated sales in Canada and Germany, since it seems to be doing quite well on those markets!