Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

So yesterday was my first time hearing this song and I was very worried because I was so looking forward to it as another  great album closer but reading the fan reviews when it was released got me really worried.  However, when I heard it I was overjoyed and relieved - I absolutely love it and it's one of my favorites.  Maybe it was because it was out of context that many didn't like it?  There's really nothing I don't like about this song, great lyrics, great vocals and melody and a wonderful message.  I think it speaks to M personally but is also universal to anyone who has felt attacked or marginalized or who just wants to give up.  I think this song stands proudly against other great album closers like Easy Ride, Secret Garden, and  Gone.  It's inspirational.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Mooncrown11 said:

So yesterday was my first time hearing this song and I was very worried because I was so looking forward to it as another  great album closer but reading the fan reviews when it was released got me really worried.  However, when I heard it I was overjoyed and relieved - I absolutely love it and it's one of my favorites.  Maybe it was because it was out of context that many didn't like it?  There's really nothing I don't like about this song, great lyrics, great vocals and melody and a wonderful message.  I think it speaks to M personally but is also universal to anyone who has felt attacked or marginalized or who just wants to give up.  I think this song stands proudly against other great album closers like Easy Ride, Secret Garden, and  Gone.  It's inspirational.

👏

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard the Tracy Young Remix today on BPM (satellite radio dance station) and it was just another generic uninspired Tracy Young Remix. Oh well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in a such hunger...addiction   for at least 12 other tracks....I always skip this one....I don’t have the time now for it...but I feel it’s rising 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 12:54 PM, Mooncrown11 said:

So yesterday was my first time hearing this song and I was very worried because I was so looking forward to it as another  great album closer but reading the fan reviews when it was released got me really worried.  However, when I heard it I was overjoyed and relieved - I absolutely love it and it's one of my favorites.  Maybe it was because it was out of context that many didn't like it?  There's really nothing I don't like about this song, great lyrics, great vocals and melody and a wonderful message.  I think it speaks to M personally but is also universal to anyone who has felt attacked or marginalized or who just wants to give up.  I think this song stands proudly against other great album closers like Easy Ride, Secret Garden, and  Gone.  It's inspirational.

Same, I can’t believe so many people were underwhelmed by this song. When I finally heard it I was blown away. Beautiful song and a beautiful close to the album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The powerful images used in the TIME video and the placement on the record just after Looking for Mercy really elevate the song to new heights. Sometimes it's merely a question of context... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish she had uploaded in the YouTube video all the scenes of her dancing from that photosession. That pictures are so incredible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracy Young remix I think is the best official remix for years from Madonna - has that classic Madonna sound and feeling.  True to the original and fits the song really well

Edited by MDNA45
Link to post
Share on other sites

This song was added to all Carrefour (a Supermarket) music playlist in Spain. Which I find weird because they never added Medellin or Crave (or anything Madonna related before) and it sounded great! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep discovering new parts in the songs on Madame X.  During the “we gonna rise up, we gotta get up” breakdown at the end of I Rise, you can hear Madonna doing a second vocal underneath in which she sings “I will rise.”  I just picked up on this haha!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2019 at 11:59 PM, ErGallo said:

This song was added to all Carrefour (a Supermarket) music playlist in Spain. Which I find weird because they never added Medellin or Crave (or anything Madonna related before) and it sounded great! 

Oooooh great! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought I rise could actually be a club banger. This is fire! 

 

I

Link to post
Share on other sites

I turned on the local dance music station (C89.5) around noon today and heard the Tracy Young Pride Remix of I Rise!!  Could be they played it because of Pride weekend but hopefully this song will get a push on the dance stations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 1:26 PM, vesper_wolf said:

Never thought I rise could actually be a club banger. This is fire! 

 

I

Love this one

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, karbatal said:

I never understood the need of remixing a ballad. Those mixes are horrible.

But when done well they can be brilliant! Like Toni B’s Unbreak My Heart, for example. I feel like I Rise is a ballad with great remix potential because of the “anthemic” quality it has. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What we need is an Emma Gonza-less version of the album version.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...