"I Rise" thread

11 minutes ago, Runaway Lover said:

I don't know. But it says so. We have to wait. Just few more hours. I've just seen this capture and Tracy's tweet. I live in Europe.

ahhh. it say's friday. So I will have awhile to wait till tmr. I really hope we get the crave remixes too!

Tracy Young is the worst remixer of all time. I have never like anything she has done for M and these are bloody awful. I have no idea about this era and their release strategy, these should have been released alongside the single. We waited two months on the Medellín remixes, now these have taken nearly three. No sense whatsoever. Maybe we will get Future remixes in the new year 😜

Yeah the release of remixes have unfortunately been a total fuckup this era, which is a shame because the songs are fantastic and I was really looking forward to how they might be reimagined. 

50 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Remixes to commit suicide.

Worst ever. 

The problem with Tracy is that she has not concept how to structure a remix to actually enhance a song. All her mixes sound so similar and don't do anything for the song. Madonna has rejected her remixes before so I have no idea why this one was approved. 

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

Who is choosing who remixes these? Cos they seriously suck. 

The only one Ive liked is the LA95 Dancefloor Legend remix of Medellín because it reminded me of the Murk Boys remixes of Fever

6 hours ago, strictmachine said:

They’re not bad if it wasn’t for the fact that there’s like a hundred million times way too much Emma Gonzalez in them...

That makes it worse than it already is. 

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

I hope God Control has some remixes

also crazy, come alive and i don't search i find lol

Feels like Madonna feat. Pig Gonzalez. Remixes ruined with those squeals....planning to stick to the Medellin remixes until we get Crave or God Control remixes #soon

the mix it´s ok,not the worst I have heard but nothinhg espectacular.but I would have prefered god control´s, batuka´s, or even crave´s mixes.

That I Rise remix seriously sucks, really, it is just totally uneventful and just a big nothing. And when the song is only "good" with great headphones, the song isn't that great. I hope she does something for God Control. Such a missed opportunity.

Somehow these remixes seem to SLOW DOWN the song :lmao: 

I am sticking with the album version, which I have absolutely loved since the first time I heard it.

I can see how this remix would divide some people. I’m personally a fan of this remix, I think this song sounds good over a  house beat.

Even if Tracy Young doesn’t bring too much new to the table like maybe a Offer Nissim remix would, I think the important thing is the way she’s re-imagined the song as a house track so effortlessly. The vocal effects already on Madonna’s voice really lend themselves to the house beat, especially when it gets really talkbox-y.

Definitely not a “banger”, but definitely fun to listen to 🙂

• 2 weeks later...