Eurovision (part 34939338 Zzzzzzzz....)

On 7/31/2019 at 3:03 AM, Jairo said:

All the Ellen's performances they used prerecorded vocals. She had a flu, you can notice how different sounds her voice during interviews like raspy voice and then a cristal clear vocals during the performance. That's impossible.

Absolutely not. Total bullshit. She sang live and you can tell she was struggling in Joan of Arc. 

Madonna's fanbase is the worst.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 9:47 PM, dollhouse said:

She should recreate this performance and release a video based on , just to piss off some people

🤣🤣🤣🤣

That would be so typical Madonna in a way.

Honestly, I still enjoy the performance of Future a lot. It was obviously something that noone in the audience was anticipating.

LAP, however, still doesn't kick it in for me.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:01 PM, Beautiful Killer said:

A different view:

You know what, this is actually a decent little performance (the staging, lighting, backup dancers, costumes, etc). THE SONG CHOICES however were just a bit too... slow for the occasion.

It’s FAR from terrible!

4 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

You know what, this is actually a decent little performance (the staging, lighting, backup dancers, costumes, etc). THE SONG CHOICES however were just a bit too... slow for the occasion.

It’s FAR from terrible!

She shouldve used dance remixes for this ghay audience just like on her Tours

On 10/29/2019 at 12:01 AM, Beautiful Killer said:

A different view:

Is it me or the backing singers sound here better? Could it be that the broadcasting didn't put the sound of the backing singers at the optimal level?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 7:01 PM, karbatal said:

She was absolutely wrong with the songs choice. But on the other hand the message is SUBLIME. 

If she had only known what is Eurovision about... 

She probably didnt know it was a cheesy pride show for 1 billion people

No heavy messages, pls

Hung Up wouldve been perfect choice, even miming was acceptable for the audience

46 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

She probably didnt know it was a cheesy pride show for 1 billion people

No heavy messages, pls

Hung Up wouldve been perfect choice, even miming was acceptable for the audience

it's not cheesy. Just like Hung Up is not cheesy. It's simply a different atmosphere from LAP/DB/Future

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

it's not cheesy. Just like Hung Up is not cheesy. It's simply a different atmosphere from LAP/DB/Future

Agree its usually just good fun to bring people together which it does, Madonna would have got her muddled political message across much more effectively by sticking with the theme

10 hours ago, karbatal said:

Yes, had she been briefed to put on a Superbowl style show, she would have nailed it.

Music is meant to bring the people together.

She managed to make everyone run for cover that night.

13 hours ago, karbatal said:

On 5/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, karbatal said:

Is it me or the backing singers sound here better? Could it be that the broadcasting didn't put the sound of the backing singers at the optimal level?

It does sound better overall indeed... even if her LAP singing is definitely not good as usual!

15 hours ago, YannBouch said:

Imagine Music/hung up/God control 

It would have been the right thing for Eurovision. And everyone would have loved it and she would have reconnect with GP. Instead she chose that dark, apocaliptic and DWT type performance (very artistic and elaborated though) which disappointed everyone. 

On 5/2/2020 at 6:23 AM, IsaacHarris said:

It’s FAR from terrible!

The day after the performance and 20 yrs from now, I'll say the same thing.......this was not a bad performance. The criticism for this is/was completely ridiculous and completely overblown. Appropriate for the occasion?? Maybe not. I'll give the critics that.....certainly wasn't what anyone was expecting....but in a way, that's totally something Madonna would do. We all thinking we're getting a bright, bubbly, anthemic Music or Hung Up performance and we get the end of the world instead....lol. 

In fact, now that I'm further removed from the "critique" of it all, I like it even more. It was a pre-cursor to MX tour vibe.

At the end of the day, Madonna clearly gave zero fucks about what people said about it.....nor should she. Oh goodness.....a year later, it's still just as hilarious seeing how seriously people took this. Like she murdered their grandmother or something because she wasn't "bubbly" at Eurovision. Oh well.....suck it up buttercups.....lol.

54 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

The day after the performance and 20 yrs from now, I'll say the same thing.......this was not a bad performance. The criticism for this is/was completely ridiculous and completely overblown. Appropriate for the occasion?? Maybe not. I'll give the critics that.....certainly wasn't what anyone was expecting....but in a way, that's totally something Madonna would do. We all thinking we're getting a bright, bubbly, anthemic Music or Hung Up performance and we get the end of the world instead....lol. 

In fact, now that I'm further removed from the "critique" of it all, I like it even more. It was a pre-cursor to MX tour vibe.

At the end of the day, Madonna clearly gave zero fucks about what people said about it.....nor should she. Oh goodness.....a year later, it's still just as hilarious seeing how seriously people took this. Like she murdered their grandmother or something because she wasn't "bubbly" at Eurovision. Oh well.....suck it up buttercups.....lol.

Sorry Kurt that LAP was a shit performance! :lol: