Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion


Recommended Posts

I think her fanbase is older than the fanbases of the streaming giants. I stream exclusively but my listening habits are probably minuscule compared to young people. I don’t have time in my day to listen to much music and there are times I enjoy silence.

I’ve listened to MX constantly in the past week but it’s not sustainable. My life isn’t revolved around music. 

I’d love to see any streaming numbers for unique listener interactions with albums/songs compared to repeated listens by a small group or demo listening over and over. 

I love what she has accomplished on this album. It’s a masterwork.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

You I think her fanbase is older than the fanbases of the streaming giants. I stream exclusively but my listening habits are probably minuscule compared to young people. I don’t have time in my day to listen to much music and there are times I enjoy silence.

I’ve listened to MX constantly in the past week but it’s not sustainable. My life isn’t revolved around music. 

I’d love to see any streaming numbers for unique listener interactions with albums/songs compared to repeated listens by a small group or demo listening over and over. 

I love what she has accomplished on this album. It’s a masterwork.

Agree with this. 

The album campaign has consistently delivered over 2 months. I can't really fault it. They did lots of things right and in terms of streaming, it made sense to release the songs they did first. I'm surprised those songs didn't perform better and I'm shocked at the low views for the Crave video but no one can say it's been a bad roll out. Eurovision was a disappointment as we all know what incredible performances she delivers and this was the right time to remind the general public of that. But, that has already been discussed.

We're moving into an era where stats mean less and less. Streaming records change by the day. I read an article the other day where it said Ed Sheeran has shifted 150 million albums. He's had 3 albums out so that would mean each of his albums was as successful as Thriller. Its complete rubbish. As we've seen, every artist (including Madonna) claims their album is at #1 when it hits that spot briefly on iTunes.

At this stage, I'm glad of the good reviews and the fact that this album will stand the test of time. And she has just had another US #1. A stat worth bothering about. 

I just wish there had been more live performances on TV. I can only presume she didn't want to do this as most of the more commercial songs are duets and the others would be difficult to perform live. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest neeto_mosqueeto

I wish the whiny negative people could just stop posting. How many of you get angry about the scathing, irrelevant, ageist, misogynistic, racist critical “reviews”? Yet, so many of her diehard fans submit comments that aren’t so far off what those critics publish.

A common long-standing complaint from her loyal fan base, about the media coverage that Madonna gets, is that the focus is nearly always on something other than the music.

Reading the comments on here and there’s all this bullshit about physical sales. Just get over it, or at least stop complaining. The negativity is sucking the joy that many of us got from the album, era, upcoming tour. Especially how many people from her global audience are sharing their love and pure awe over the quality of the awesome music that we got in Madame X.

Please support Madame X without being so overbearing about the declining numbers.

As I’ve said in other posts, I’m doing all I can to support the streaming effort. I hope instead of complaining so much, people focus on how to continue supporting Madonna.

We have a lot to celebrate in Medellín, Crave, and Madame X’ chart success. Crave is still climbing. We also have I Rise potentially charting because of radio air play. There are I Rise remixes and Crave remixes that will likely get an official release. The God Control video, and remixes. With potentially more videos.

Support Madame X. Don’t let your frustration about the charts get the best of you. Madame X is about not letting our differences keep us at odds. We share a love for Madonna, so let’s show the world why we love her.

Post videos to all social media and tag them. Create cute/funny/bitchy memes for social media. Keep it going because some of the fans are starting to talk about Arianus, G**a, and Toilet Stink again. Whatever you do though, enjoy the music.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Well she partnered with artists who had very big streaming  numbers -- Maluma, Quavo, Swae Lae.  Obviously it didn't really work, but at least I personally really like all the songs. 

I do like the features on this album, but if the intent was to include these artists with big streaming numbers to hook a streaming/chart hit, then the results show it didn't work in the slightest.

If M wants to do collaborations for artistic purposes in the future she should go right ahead, but there should be no illusions that this is a route to streaming/chart success.

 

If she really really wants a chart hit, then the only way any more is probably as a feature on a single of a big streaming artist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, swimtoshore said:

If she really really wants a chart hit, then the only way any more is probably as a feature on a single of a big streaming artist.

Yeah. It seems like it would only work if she was featured on their song but it could still do nothing. Look at Me Against The Music.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, only attached to Arianna right now cause even Taylor and Katy can’t achieve a #1 by themselves.

Swae Lee and Quavo are not streaming legends, the first has like 5-6 big songs but all of them are features and Quavo couldn’t even make his album hit #1, neither does he has a #1 on his own, only big songs but with Drake, Bieber, 1D or Dj Khaled, so the only big streaming artist is Maluma and it payed off.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If this its any good news i went to the principal record store around the city and there was a poster under the charts saying the queen of pop its back and all of the albums on the section of number 1 where gone so there were no Madame X albums and i went with an employee and he told me that regular , deluxe and super deluxe editions were goooooneee  it felt like 1985 again 😍, they told me to comeback  or call on half week to see if the 2 cd and cassete super deluxe edition its there yet , yey !!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Yeah, only attached to Arianna right now cause even Taylor and Katy can’t achieve a #1 by themselves.

Swae Lee and Quavo are not streaming legends, the first has like 5-6 big songs but all of them are features and Quavo couldn’t even make his album hit #1, neither does he has a #1 on his own, only big songs but with Drake, Bieber, 1D or Dj Khaled, so the only big streaming artist is Maluma and it payed off.

Did it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think about making a video for Faz Gostoso? Do you think it could be the best commercial single off the album?

And by the way, what does she mean by "waiting for Anitta"? A public performance, video or both?🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Frozenpower said:

What do you think about making a video for Faz Gostoso? Do you think it could be the best commercial single off the album?

And by the way, what does she mean by "waiting for Anitta"? A public performance, video or both?🤔

It already has more views than the Crave video. It will be at least a "streaming hit".

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, santiago said:

It already has more views than the Crave video. It will be at least a "streaming hit".

It could be a BIM situation. At least she'd get a Billboard 100 entry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, santiago said:

Yes! If they play the cards right, she can get it!

it has to be the right type of video. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so sure FG would do great in the US but who cares really? It would smash in other places for sure so hopefully it'll get the single treatment (whatever that means in 2019). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I am mad as well that she is number two to Bruce in a too many places but I am over it. I am celebrating the number ones and wish she would drop the God Control video now. Even Stephen Klein is tired of waiting. I swear her team are clueless half the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, alexis said:

Faz Gostoso is being promoted a lot here in Brazil. Included in the biggest playlists here

And it means she should strike while it's hot or it will be old news by the time she has a video out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Je5u5 said:

And it means she should strike while it's hot or it will be old news by the time she has a video out.

She's still using the #waitingforanitta hashtag, wonder what's on her plans. 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Yeah, only attached to Arianna right now cause even Taylor and Katy can’t achieve a #1 by themselves.

Swae Lee and Quavo are not streaming legends, the first has like 5-6 big songs but all of them are features and Quavo couldn’t even make his album hit #1, neither does he has a #1 on his own, only big songs but with Drake, Bieber, 1D or Dj Khaled, so the only big streaming artist is Maluma and it payed off.

Champagne Rose hit Bubbling under and is currently the biggest hit of this era

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

It could be a BIM situation. At least she'd get a Billboard 100 entry.

How? Anitta is big only in latin countries not USA

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bb8977 said:

It's hard to be excited for number one when that was only achieved through ticket bundles and fans buying multiple copies...

those are legimate sales for other artists too

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the age of short attention spans isn’t it already to late to hype FG up? I mean it’s already been Nr 1 on Brazil, isn’t the moment kind of gone? I really don’t know how long you can stretch the momentum of a song that’s not even an original. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lolo said:

In the age of short attention spans isn’t it already to late to hype FG up? I mean it’s already been Nr 1 on Brazil, isn’t the moment kind of gone? I really don’t know how long you can stretch the momentum of a song that’s not even an original. 

The listeners beg to disagree. It is still the song that gets the most streams daily on spotify. Madonna hashtagged waitingforanitta and it trended in Brazil for hours. They are still all over her comments on IG. I think FazGostoso can only help MadameX. Also they are playing it in clubs all over South America.

Link to post
Share on other sites

She needs to feat with someone but instead of her name being on the track have it feat as mystery guest or no feat mentioned at all and see how it charts then. I wonder if there is a way of Doing this on a track ? I would be curious to see how radio play pans out as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jeby said:

The listeners beg to disagree. It is still the song that gets the most streams daily on spotify. Madonna hashtagged waitingforanitta and it trended in Brazil for hours. They are still all over her comments on IG. I think FazGostoso can only help MadameX. Also they are playing it in clubs all over South America.

As of NOW. But how soon could there be a video, in four weeks or so? I’m happy the song is so popular at the moment but I wouldn’t count on it in a month or two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

She's really happy to be #1 in US, she's so sweet. You deserve it QUEEN! We all LOVE Madame X! It's ur best work in 15 years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...