Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Flip The Switch

Massacre in Texas church leaves 27 dead

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jaron said:

Trump calls Texas church shooting a 'mental health problem at the highest level,' says gunman 'deranged'

:chuckle:

 

White gun man - mental health

muslim man - terrorism

 

oh well, I love this world

Well its all in the motive. The possibility that a middle eastern man is motivated by a radical version of islam is much higher that a white man (though there are islam converts obviously) and generally it turns out that ISIS is involved when a middle eastern man kills dosents of ppl. Generally the white males are not religiously motivated (or should I say politically motivated in the case of islam?), they are in most cases insane. I don't find it funny that the radical version of islam is freely thought throughout EU/USA. Or the fact that some people think its a discrimination to point out terorists who commit terorist acts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Republicans were ready to put up iron curtains at the Canadian and Mexican borders last week when a Muslim committed a terrorist act. BAN THEM. 

Now we just have a 'mental health issue' in this country. I love it when republicans talk about how much they care about mental health after a white man guns down dozens of people. Then they slash funds for research with their ghastly tax proposals. 

And let us never forget that Reagan nixed the Mental Health Systems Act within a year of his presidency, thus shutting down DOZENS of mental hospitals across the country. 

I don't know what makes me more angry. That they hide behind this talking point in order to just ignore the disgusting gun culture we have in this country, or that there are millions of Americans who believe it and would rather own a gun and tolerate these shootings to maintain their 'right to bare arms'.

I'm a pretty optimistic person by nature, but the past year has caused me to lose faith in just about everything this country stands for. This is not the America I once thought it was. And I don't see it getting any better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who voted for the orange idiot also suffer from mental health issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the past day all of those fucking idiotic, NRA-tainted Republicans and Trump are saying it's "too soon" to address gun control. They say that excuse for every big mass shooting! The Las Vegas massacre is "old news" now, and we've had a mass shooting nearly every day since then, so we are well overdue for them to seriously address this chronic hell we have with gun violence in this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jaron said:

Trump calls Texas church shooting a 'mental health problem at the highest level,' says gunman 'deranged'

:chuckle:

 

White gun man - mental health

muslim man - terrorism

 

oh well, I love this world

I have always know the word "terrorism" to mean violence, murder or intimidation with the purpose of achieving a political, religious or ideological cause.  

These deranged evil pond scum who kill innocent people for their own evil enjoyment without any ideological or political reason are technically not considered terrorists by definition. They are as evil and dangerous as anyone though and should be held in the lowest form of contemp by everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hector said:

For the past day all of those fucking idiotic, NRA-tainted Republicans and Trump are saying it's "too soon" to address gun control. They say that excuse for every big mass shooting! The Las Vegas massacre is "old news" now, and we've had a mass shooting nearly every day since then, so we are well overdue for them to seriously address this chronic hell we have with gun violence in this country.

Conservatives wanna blame everything BUT guns :rotfl:bunch of nutty people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new normal: People are killed in mass in America. No one cares enough to do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I have always know the word "terrorism" to mean violence, murder or intimidation with the purpose of achieving a political, religious or ideological cause.  

These deranged evil pond scum who kill innocent people for their own evil enjoyment without any ideological or political reason are technically not considered terrorists by definition. They are as evil and dangerous as anyone though and should be held in the lowest form of contemp by everyone. 

Yes. Agree with you and with part of the message from @elijah. It is different to plan something to create terror and confusion so one certain issue is vindicated, and another one to go and kill 50 people in a church without a message at all. That's the difference between a terror atack and a simple attack (independently of the number of deaths). 

In my opinion the main issue would be to difference real terrorists from crazy people. For example, the attack in Barcelona was made by real terrorists, with a plan and focused on a certain aim, whereas the attack in New York las week was made by a crazy person, no matter if they shout Allah Akbar. One big problem now is that if the person comes from a muslim country or shouts some muslim terrorist junk, the attack is labelled as terrorist, but many times that is not the case. And that only helps making bigger the legend of ISIS, which is not as powerful as people think (many attacks are made by lone wolfs who are more crazy than other thing).

Vegas = crazy

Orlando = crazy 

Paris = terrorist

Barcelona = terrorist

11-S = terrorist

Differencing between terrorist and crazy does not mean that one is worse or more important than the other. It is simply that the ways to fight against these attacks are different. To fight and prevent a crazy attack has to do with society itself, access to guns, early treatments, messages sent in media... And the terror attack is fought through Defense, Secret Services, international c ooperation... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Yes. Agree with you and with part of the message from @elijah. It is different to plan something to create terror and confusion so one certain issue is vindicated, and another one to go and kill 50 people in a church without a message at all. That's the difference between a terror atack and a simple attack (independently of the number of deaths). 

In my opinion the main issue would be to difference real terrorists from crazy people. For example, the attack in Barcelona was made by real terrorists, with a plan and focused on a certain aim, whereas the attack in New York las week was made by a crazy person, no matter if they shout Allah Akbar. One big problem now is that if the person comes from a muslim country or shouts some muslim terrorist junk, the attack is labelled as terrorist, but many times that is not the case. And that only helps making bigger the legend of ISIS, which is not as powerful as people think (many attacks are made by lone wolfs who are more crazy than other thing).

Vegas = crazy

Orlando = crazy 

Paris = terrorist

Barcelona = terrorist

11-S = terrorist

Differencing between terrorist and crazy does not mean that one is worse or more important than the other. It is simply that the ways to fight against these attacks are different. To fight and prevent a crazy attack has to do with society itself, access to guns, early treatments, messages sent in media... And the terror attack is fought through Defense, Secret Services, international c ooperation... 

Agree 100 % 

I don't think it is downplaying the situation when crazy lone wolf gun massacres are not described as terrorism. There is no strategic planning by groups of people in these lone wolf attacks.  

In actuality, these mass gun shootings by crazy deranged cowards are often more dangerous to society.  More Americans are killed senselessly by these nutters than by terrorists. With terrorist attacks by groups, there are ways for intelligence to intercept their plans although very difficult.  A Lone Wolf who want to commit mass murder is harder to predict. Why it is so wrong that the American law makers do not try to use change to try to stop these attacks. The American people deserve so much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ohgoodgrief:

Kellyanne Conway Says Debating Gun Control Now 'Disrespects The Dead'

Mary Papenfuss

HuffPost, November 6, 2017

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway blasted renewed criticism about politicians’ failure to enact stricter gun controls in the wake of the Texas church shooting, saying it’s “disrespectful to the dead.”

Conway was responding to a question on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” on Monday about tweets by comedian and TV personality Chelsea Handler in the wake of the Sunday shooting at a Sutherland Springs Baptist church that killed 26 people, half of them children. 

“Innocent people go to church on Sunday to honor their God and ... get shot [and] killed,” Handler tweeted. “What country? America. Why? Republicans.” She also complained that the “government watches these mass shootings and does nothing.”

Conway said she was “sorry that we even have to show her Twitter comments” and called them “so beyond any type of reasonable response that anyone should have.” She complained: “People are taking to Twitter in the comfort of their very luxurious lives, pointing fingers.”

In a dig at Handler and apparently others clamoring for increased gun controls, Conway said that the “rush to judgment, particularly by people who just see politics and Trump derangement in every single thing they do, it doesn’t help the victims, and it’s disrespectful to the dead.” 

Conway said she was “very happy President Trump is our commander in chief and our leader ... because, unfortunately, every president has to help heal the nation at different times, different tragedies.” 

Dismissing gun control concerns as “politicizing” the deadly attack at the Texas church appeared to be a GOP talking point Monday. When Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was asked by a reporter about gun control during an appearance in Sutherland Springs on Monday, he responded that it was “unfortunate” that the media was “politicizing” the killings.

“We don’t need politics right now,” Cruz said in a CNN video of his appearance. “In New York, we saw a terror attack with a truck. Evil is evil, and will use the weaponry that is available.”

“You know, it is an unfortunate thing that the immediate place the media goes after any tragedy, after any murder, is politicizing it. We don’t need politics right now. You know, I would note in New York we saw a terror attack just this week with a truck. Evil is evil is evil, and will use the weaponry that is available.”

Donald Trump said on Monday that the church attack wasn’t a “guns situation but a “mental health problem at the highest level.”

Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said the shooting was evidence that more church members should arm themselves for protection. “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." :blink:

Sounds like a commercial slogan only his vermins would buy. Thankfully the rest of the world has moved on from "the man with the gun" mentality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hector said:

:ohgoodgrief:

Kellyanne Conway Says Debating Gun Control Now 'Disrespects The Dead'

Mary Papenfuss

HuffPost, November 6, 2017

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway blasted renewed criticism about politicians’ failure to enact stricter gun controls in the wake of the Texas church shooting, saying it’s “disrespectful to the dead.”

Conway was responding to a question on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” on Monday about tweets by comedian and TV personality Chelsea Handler in the wake of the Sunday shooting at a Sutherland Springs Baptist church that killed 26 people, half of them children. 

“Innocent people go to church on Sunday to honor their God and ... get shot [and] killed,” Handler tweeted. “What country? America. Why? Republicans.” She also complained that the “government watches these mass shootings and does nothing.”

Conway said she was “sorry that we even have to show her Twitter comments” and called them “so beyond any type of reasonable response that anyone should have.” She complained: “People are taking to Twitter in the comfort of their very luxurious lives, pointing fingers.”

In a dig at Handler and apparently others clamoring for increased gun controls, Conway said that the “rush to judgment, particularly by people who just see politics and Trump derangement in every single thing they do, it doesn’t help the victims, and it’s disrespectful to the dead.” 

Conway said she was “very happy President Trump is our commander in chief and our leader ... because, unfortunately, every president has to help heal the nation at different times, different tragedies.” 

Dismissing gun control concerns as “politicizing” the deadly attack at the Texas church appeared to be a GOP talking point Monday. When Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was asked by a reporter about gun control during an appearance in Sutherland Springs on Monday, he responded that it was “unfortunate” that the media was “politicizing” the killings.

“We don’t need politics right now,” Cruz said in a CNN video of his appearance. “In New York, we saw a terror attack with a truck. Evil is evil, and will use the weaponry that is available.”

“You know, it is an unfortunate thing that the immediate place the media goes after any tragedy, after any murder, is politicizing it. We don’t need politics right now. You know, I would note in New York we saw a terror attack just this week with a truck. Evil is evil is evil, and will use the weaponry that is available.”

Donald Trump said on Monday that the church attack wasn’t a “guns situation but a “mental health problem at the highest level.”

Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said the shooting was evidence that more church members should arm themselves for protection. “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.”

So sick of idiots like Cruz sighing and talking of everyone praying etc to come together.  Then saying how great it is that people are paying for the funerals and fixing the church.  Wouldn't it instead be great if this had not happened in the first place. 

When people are instead "celebrating" the compassion of a private citizen using his rifle to kill a man who shot dead 26 people with a gun, like Cruz does in the above clip, what is the point in even asking them about gun control. It is a losing battle.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do they really believe what they say ?? I mean, seriously for Christ sake !  

I'd have trouble sleeping at night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for once a southern baptist has not blamed the gays.  Usually they are first at hand to blame any catastrophe being gods punishment for them allowing us homosexuals to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×