First 5 Rebel Heart tour dates have been postponed till January.

Alpha

By the way, has M's statement been posted here yet? This is what she says:

As my fans already know, the show has to be perfect. Assembling all the elements will require more time than we realized. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause my fans. I can promise you this show will be worth the wait.

Was this posted on her FB? I can only see it in that Billboard article

How odd that you can read it on BB but you cannot see it on any official M outlet

I guess everyone has their own motivations for wanting to see a show. For some, it's not worth seeing unless it's the first show (I don't understand this myself - I can understand people being bitterly disappointed about not being able to see the first show, but to declare that seeing anything other than the first show is not worth it seems a bit extreme to me), whereas for others, they absolutely have to see at least a dozen shows to feel satisfied (which a lot of people think is crazy).

The decision by Madonna's management team to move the first five shows has resulted in numerous people no longer being able to attend the shows at all because the schedule doesn't suit them, and it has cost them a lot of money. Others have decided that they don't want to see the shows on the rescheduled dates (which is their prerogative, of course, but it is their own personal choice, which is different to those sho can't attend the shows on those dates).

It's a huge mess and I feel bad for everyone affected.

You can receive a full refund for the concert ticket if you can't attend the show on the new date(s), but the main issue is accommodation and airfares for those travelling for interstate/overseas. Some will be able to change their flights and accommodation dates (for a fee, of course), while others will lose all of their money if they cancel.

I feel really bad for everyone who has been affected by this. I don't feel as bad for those whose main concern is that they will no longer be attending the first show, though (seriously?!). I am, however, sorry that your plans have been ruined.

Chelle and Carly (and anyone who was travelling from overseas) - my heart goes out to you!!!

This

Was this posted on her FB? I can only see it in that Billboard article

How odd that you can read it on BB but you cannot see it on any official M outlet

Not surprising though, considering madonna.com wasn't/isn't listing the second original Miami date...

I had to visit the Mariah thread to cheer me up.

I think I'll be doing that a lot over the next few months.

Well, you can't blame people for being angry at this current situation, can you?

You can receive a full refund for the concert ticket if you can't attend the show on the new date(s), but the main issue is accommodation and airfares for those travelling for interstate/overseas. Some will be able to change their flights and accommodation dates (for a fee, of course), while others will lose all of their money if they cancel.

I see, thanks. Good to know people can demand a full refund - although that's the least thing M's team can do, obviously. Definitely still sucks for everyone though who wanted to travel there by flight, as others have pointed out. I really hope there won't be any more rescheduling like that, it hurts fans as well as M's reputation.

You must be trolling surely. When did I ask YOU for anything? I said good for you for not leaving your city. I'm happy for you, honest.

Well done. Free drinks for Glinda for not travelling. :clap:

:lol:

I don't think the reason for moving the dates is low ticket sales at all. Even though theyre not the best if they were so low they would just cancel.

Thank you

Guest Rachelle of London

I only wanted to go to first show to see some of my friends and go to a Madonna show. It just so happens I had that week off work, without having to book leave. I have never been to an opening show before even the one in Wales, so I dont HAVE to see opening night. It just worked out for me. Just because some are small minded about travelling, why should I?

But sorry for actually wanting to travel to see my favourite popstar. I should've stayed in London. But hey, the o2 arena is on the other side of London from me, so would that still be considered as travelling? Oh shit, maybe I shouldn't go to any shows.

Attention Madonna fans you should only go to a show when the venue is in your neighbourhood, you wont lose any money and you wouldn't have to complain about it on a Madonna thread. If you can't walk to the show, dont go!

Complete and utter moronic eejits :dead:

I understand it's nice to go to opening night, but I think it's kind of silly and childish to say if you can't go to opening night then you have no interest in seeing the tour at all.

This too

Guest Hunterlas

I flew to see Madonna in Miami all the way from Venezuela during the Drowned world tour, then moved to Phoenix in the US and flew to LA for the Opening Nights of ReInvention and Confessions and then to Cardiff for Sticky and Sweet... All those are among my favorite memories. If you are a true fan and find the idea of attending, thrilling. Dont hesitate and do it. Nothing beats the excitement of Opening Night.

I only wanted to go to first show to see some of my friends and go to a Madonna show. It just so happens I had that week off work, without having to book leave. I have never been to an opening show before even the one in Wales, so I dont HAVE to see opening night. It just worked out for me. Just because some are small minded about travelling, why should I?

But sorry for actually wanting to travel to see my favourite popstar. I should've stayed in London. But hey, the o2 arena is on the other side of London from me, so would that still be considered as travelling? Oh shit, maybe I shouldn't go to any shows.

Attention Madonna fans you should only go to a show when the venue is in your neighbourhood, you wont lose any money and you wouldn't have to complain about it on a Madonna thread. If you can't walk to the show, dont go!

A first show experience is surely amazing Chelle and I can understand why a fan would make arrangements for it even if they have to travel miles for it.

Some posters are just perplexed at some of the reactions of people making analysis about Madonna's poor ticket sales as the reason for this change, thus claiming that Madonna did this for fun or that she has no consideration for the fact that some may lose money out of this postponement when things like this can happen and you are exposed to risks anyway when you book intercontinental flights/hotels etc

Anyway sorry for all the fans involved, especially for those that can't seem to be able to get a refund

99% of people in this thread upset about the cancelled shows do not care that they are missing opening fucking night.

They care that their whole travel trip has been ruined and potentially seeing her another date isn't possible and or they lost a lot of fucking money.

Smh at the lack of sympathy or even empathy in here by some people. So just shut the fuck up unless you are in our situation.

I flew to see Madonna in Miami all the way from Venezuela during the Drowned world tour, then moved to Phoenix in the US and flew to LA for the Opening Nights of ReInvention and Confessions and then to Cardiff for Sticky and Sweet... All those are among my favorite memories. If you are a true fan and find the idea of attending, thrilling. Dont hesitate and do it. Nothing beats the excitement of Opening Night.

So true!!!

But saying "first night only or it's not worth seeing any other date of this tour" IS a bit extreme and different from what you wrote

Guest Hunterlas

So true!!!

But saying "first night only or it's not worth seeing any other date of this tour" IS a bit extreme and different from what you wrote

I can only speak for myself, buddy...

Guest Hunterlas

wow, that's a surprisingly quick reaction

Great... NOW they got their shit together and are on top of their shit. Whatever.

Only catching up with this news now. This is such a mess and awful for all fans going to these concerts. It is a huge problem for people travelling who have booked air flights and hotels. My heart goes out to you all of you. Madonna's team need to have a good hard look at themselves.

Guest bluejean

People have a right to be angry and upset especially if they've booked flights and accommodation. Those making dumb comments need to fuck right off.

I just read the whole thread. I am shocked and really pissed for those who got affected and robbed by this nonsense.

Im sorry but there is NO FUCKING excuse for this. IF they wanted to go to SA after PR then they should have thought of it from day 1 and made all major changes that effects the flow of the tour from the beginning before anything goes on sale.

If its a 1 show that gets cancelled or postponed for whatever reason then fine that does happen here and there but this is a complete disaster.

I hope all pissed fans would go and post this on Guy's twitter or M's instagram.

Its terrible, OK we havent had an excuse like Bronchitis or a broken hip with no new dates but she needs to get on Instagram and explain to sock bitch why. She can save face at the same time and confirm that whatever caused this she will be still going to Australia. She needs damage control. Its all probably out of her hands about the cancelled dates but she needs to say something.

:clap:

My heart goes out to you Chelle darling.

I can't believe what some people are saying in this thread.

Can't believe my boyfriend and I have a hotel booked for Atlanta and we were set to be the second stop on the tour and now we have to hope the hotel can be changed and we are at the end of the fucking tour.

Avoiding spoilers will be impossible, I'll know most of the whole show by then.

I call bullshit on needing more time because they only delayed the start by a week.

Seriously fucking pissed at her right now

Can't believe my boyfriend and I have a hotel booked for Atlanta and we were set to be the second stop on the tour and now we have to hope the hotel can be changed and we are at the end of the fucking tour.

Avoiding spoilers will be impossible, I'll know most of the whole show by then.

I call bullshit on needing more time because they only delayed the start by a week.

Seriously fucking pissed at her right now

Yea there's no way for me to not see spoilers now no matter how hard I try not to! My show is Atlanta too and I'm bummed. I don't have as much money tied up with the trip as a lot of fans do but it's still such a hassle. I wonder if our show is basically the first show of the Second Leg.....she changed some of S&S for it's second leg. Watch everyone get Rescue Me and Who's That Girl while we get Human Nature and Candy Shop.

Guest Rachelle of London

:clap:

My heart goes out to you Chelle darling.

I can't believe what some people are saying in this thread.

Suedey could you imagine my delight when I get told that my office is closed for a week in August and we don't have to come into work and still get paid, then my delight the next week when Madonna announces her tour dates and it is in that week. :lmao: I nearly had heart failure back in March

Now this

:dead:

Suedey could you imagine my delight when I get told that my office is closed for a week in August and we don't have to come into work and still get paid, then my delight the next week when Madonna announces her tour dates and it is in that week. :lmao: I nearly had heart failure back in March

Now this

:dead:

Bless your heart my darling, you're taking it with good humour which is far far more dignified than what I would have been had I been in your situation :rotfl: