Scott Mills agrees with radio 1 ban on Madonna

Rollap

Daily Mail reporting that 40 year old Mills agrees with the ban because of her age because they want to attract young listeners. That is a complete admission of ageism.

I really don't like this guy. He acts so fake friendly but he's like those gays who love Kylie and hate M i.e. Brainless and superficial. His performance on Strictly was embarrassing. And now he has the nerve to call her on her age when he's now 40. There's something called Karma which I hope comes back to haunt him.

NO idea who this person is lol but assuming he's maybe a powerful DJ or radio personality in the UK (maybe like an Elvis Duran on Z100 etc..). As douchy as he sounds, he's prob. just simply repeating what we already know (as much as they 'weakly' try to downplay what happened w/ original controversy). WHO cares! lol

Attracting young listeners who frankly don't pay for the licence! I have to pay for their disgusting descrimination!

I hope they lose more listeners and they will, Mark my words.

Daily Mail reporting that 40 year old Mills agrees with the ban because of her age because they want to attract young listeners. That is a complete admission of ageism.

I really don't like this guy. He acts so fake friendly but he's like those gays who love Kylie and hate M i.e. Brainless and superficial. His performance on Strictly was embarrassing. And now he has the nerve to call her on her age when he's now 40. There's something called Karma which I hope comes back to haunt him.

tumblr_inline_nlhljejc9Y1swirqa_500.png

Isn't it ironic that it's the controllers of radio 1 (age 40-60) who are banning Madonna for her age. I suspect if the under 30's were the decision makers M would get played as much as anyone else. The ageist people are often older people, who probably hate how vital she remains despite her age and making them look bad. They are trying to diminish her. Young people love her as long as she makes great records.

^ agreed.

Do these people, including many pushing 50 gays I know, realize that they are damning themselves by aligning with this ageist bs?

In a few years, when they are called old and rejected by hot young things and society at large, they will be in tears wishing they had acted differently. Karma.

Meanwhile, all of us Madonna fans will saunter into our older years full of confidence, exuding charm and wisdom, loving life until we die all because we followed the example of the Queen.

Guest Rachelle of London

Scott Mills is a token gay tv and radio presenter that they wheel out on the BBC time to time to prove how diverse they are.

NEXT

^ agreed.

Do these people, including many pushing 50 gays I know, realize that they are damning themselves by aligning with this ageist bs?

In a few years, when they are called old and rejected by hot young things and society at large, they will be in tears wishing they had acted differently. Karma.

Meanwhile, all of us Madonna fans will saunter into our older years full of confidence, exuding charm and wisdom, loving life until we die all because we followed the example of the Queen.

Plus 1!

I wish you say this directly to his face! He should be ashamed to be supporting this ban!

why are people allowed to be misogynists? why is no one saying anything? this makes me SO ANGRY. he's a gay guy so they'll never fire him because BBC is so politically correct and boring. this shit makes me so upset. and all those woman (marina & diamonds, kate bush, katy perry, miley, beyonce, who say they're feminists) are SILENT.

People like Scott Mills really do not even exist to me. He's so banal and wallpaper it's unbelievable. I honestly can't understand why anyone would even care about his ill-informed opinions. As somebody already said - he's a token gay at the BBC and that is it. His name and the professional term of 'DJ' really do not belong together - he's just so shit. In fact, he is shitter than shit!

Well he's 40 himself so I hope he feels good about twisting the knife that the industry has stuck in M's back when the BBC get rid of him for "not appealing to the demographic"

Actually Scott Mills was always very supportive of Madonna. He played Miles Away and Celebration on Radio 1 when nobody else would. Madonna hasn't been singled out because of her age. Status Quo complained in the 80s when Radio1 stopped playing them, Phil Collins did the same in the 90s. Robbie Williams and Take That have also been bumped. I don't think it will be long before Scott gets the chop though. Shame as he is a really good DJ.

Radio 1 has always been about young pop music. That's why the station started up in the first place in the 60s. When I listened in the 80s, I didn't want to hear Cher, Dustry Springfield etc.

Radio 2's treatment of her is more of a concern. Ken Bruce is good but Chris Evans and Simon Mayo are very passive aggressive about her. Mention her but then never play her. Simon Mayo plays Bruce Springsteen at the drop of a hat but he only ever seems to play Material Girl or Vogue.

Actually Scott Mills was always very supportive of Madonna. He played Miles Away and Celebration on Radio 1 when nobody else would. Madonna hasn't been singled out because of her age. Status Quo complained in the 80s when Radio1 stopped playing them, Phil Collins did the same in the 90s. Robbie Williams and Take That have also been bumped. I don't think it will be long before Scott gets the chop though. Shame as he is a really good DJ.

Radio 1 has always been about young pop music. That's why the station started up in the first place in the 60s. When I listened in the 80s, I didn't want to hear Cher, Dustry Springfield etc.

Radio 2's treatment of her is more of a concern. Ken Bruce is good but Chris Evans and Simon Mayo are very passive aggressive about her. Mention her but then never play her. Simon Mayo plays Bruce Springsteen at the drop of a hat but he only ever seems to play Material Girl or Vogue.

Did you bother reading? Of course she is singled out because of her age. That's what he was saying. And if you didn't want to hear Cher of Dusty in the 80s then that's your ageist problem. Both those ladies had big hits in the 80s and were played on radio 1.

Guest Rachelle of London

The thing is Madonna is making current music. Take away her name her music would fit right in. It's not like she's making music aimed typically at 50 year olds or her sound isn't fresh and still stuck in the 80s. It's good music that is fresh and exciting! Refusing to play her is daft It's a judgement based purely on her age which is wrong.

The thing is Madonna is making current music. Take away her name her music would fit right in. It's not like she's making music aimed typically at 50 year olds or her sound isn't fresh and still stuck in the 80s. It's good music that is fresh and exciting! Refusing to play her is daft It's a judgement based purely on her age which is wrong.

Exactly. Trust me, when the Kanye featuring Madonna or Kendruck featuring Madonna singles come out they will play them.....disgusting.

Did you bother reading? Of course she is singled out because of her age. That's what he was saying. And if you didn't want to hear Cher of Dusty in the 80s then that's your ageist problem. Both those ladies had big hits in the 80s and were played on radio 1.

Get over yourself... and yes I did fucking read it you twat but you clearly didn't read mine properly.

She is not being SINGLED OUT. As I said, other artists like Take That and Robbie Williams aren't being played because they are also considered not relevant to the audience but their music is perfectly contemporary. Radio 1 has been given a remit to target a specific demographic. They are doing a lot of activity specifically for teens and early twenties and focussing on young artists. It's no different to children's TV only showing certain programmes etc but no one makes a fuss about that.

I think a lot of people are being overly precious. It's nothing personal against Madonna and I completely understand what they're doing. I think the station sucks and they're missing the point of music and should just play a wide variety of artists but it's not what they've been instructed to do. Their ratings are dropping and Radio 2's are growing.

And don't ever call me ageist.

Guest Rachelle of London

Very true Jonski. Even Britney and Aguilera aren't getting played because they're too old for R1. Robbie Williams was number one and they wouldn't touch his single. It's not just a Madonna thing. It's just wrong. It's insulting the people that listen to R1 aswell.

Get over yourself... and yes I did fucking read it you twat but you clearly didn't read mine properly.

She is not being SINGLED OUT. As I said, other artists like Take That and Robbie Williams aren't being played because they are also considered not relevant to the audience but their music is perfectly contemporary. Radio 1 has been given a remit to target a specific demographic. They are doing a lot of activity specifically for teens and early twenties and focussing on young artists. It's no different to children's TV only showing certain programmes etc but no one makes a fuss about that.

I think a lot of people are being overly precious. It's nothing personal against Madonna and I completely understand what they're doing. I think the station sucks and they're missing the point of music and should just play a wide variety of artists but it's not what they've been instructed to do. Their ratings are dropping and Radio 2's are growing.

And don't ever call me ageist.

Comparing it to children's TV....I give up with you. Get off the fucking fence. And no one said it was only Madonna. Now go and buy some Dusty Springfield songs you ageist twat.

Their ratings are dropping and Radio 2's are growing.

Radio 1 really aren't doing themselves any favours... I've been losing interest in the station over the past couple of years, and I'm still their target audience apparently... however, I have zero interest in them now, especially after reading the snotty remarks regarding Madonna.

I much prefer Radio 2, they play a great variety of music. It's strange, I used to think radio 2 was for 40+ people, but now I realise anybody can listen to radio 2, so in this sense, I'm not surprised radio 1 are losing listeners and radio 2 are gaining.

Well he's 40 himself so I hope he feels good about twisting the knife that the industry has stuck in M's back when the BBC get rid of him for "not appealing to the demographic"

This!

The best answer to them is to be successful on the charts like Take That and Robbie Williams. They are forced to play you this way even if it's just on Sundays and you prove you are relevant.

With the Interscope/Livenation fuckery that's been going on since 2012, Madonna can't even chart at all so that validates their position. "See the woman can't even chart, no one's buying her music. Why in the world would we play her while there are so many successful songs in the top40 that need to be played?".