The STAR ACADEMY appearance. I feel sorry for her!

Crystal Coffin

SORRY is to much of na na na na na...na na na na na...pathetic simple pop without soul

I think you clearly miss the point. Sorry's melody oozes Madonna, it's a classical Madonna melody! And that "you stayed because i made it so convenient (so convenient)" seems taken from her 80s era.

I think the song lacks a bit of ooomph, a bit of harder beat. In fact, that Jackson Five sampler she uses was used in Material Girl before, so maybe she should have chosen another sample or got rid of it. Having that sample but using it in such a subtle way made the song a bit bare.

Get together should have been the 2nd single. sorry is ok, but GT is better

I disagree. I love Get Together but it's not catchy enough imo to be a second single. I think Sorry is WAY catchier and stronger.

:rotfl:

My GOD they are horrible, especially the trenchcoat chick (and her butt-pad backup dancers). The key to covering Madonna is to keep it simple by NOT over-doing the vocals. Like a Virgin is MY karaoke song tho. She'd be proud, most def. :fag:

oh and to answer your question: they hate it because of their issues they had with Jamie King and that it was a part 2 of hung up video wise. only facts spoken here. :rotfl:

I wasn't around here at that time, so what was the issue with Jamie King?

Okay this bothers me.. Was her Sorry perf live? Ever? I heard its lipped.

The only live part is "there's more important things than hearing you speak" AT THE END :lmao: She doesn't really like this song, she did not want to lend her live vocals to it! :lol:

The only live part is "there's more important things than hearing you speak" AT THE END :lmao: She doesn't really like this song, she did not want to lend her live vocals to it! :lol:

no wonder that line was ferosh :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

You're pissed :lmao:

no, its ridiculous. shes monumental. her skills as a singer, songwriter and performer have NEVER been matched before or since.

speak truth or dont speak at all, i say.

no, its ridiculous. shes monumental. her skills as a singer, songwriter and performer have NEVER been matched before or since.

speak truth or dont speak at all, i say.

:lmao: Oh shut your hole Pud. This is a forum, a platform for us fans to discuss our views on her output. It's not like we are saying THE OLD HAG CANT DANCE OR SING FOR SHIT. We just don't like one song or two here and there, it's perfectly normal.

So yes. She doesn't really like "Sorry", she likes "Get Together" better. What's so offensive 'bout that? :lmao:

There are 3 songs I don't like on Confessions and Sorry is one of them. I was really surprised it was released as the 2nd single. It apparently got the most positive reaction at listening parties. It could be true that the song charted the highest on iTunes. It makes sense that it did, since it was chosen. And it's not that Madonna hated the song. It's just interesting that she didn't choose it for the promo tour, then lip-synced it on tour.

But it's the only Madonna song ever that has been sung and later in the same concert used as interlude!

So my opinion is that Madonna LOVES the song so much that she was thinking about giving the name Sorry to Mercy. And then decided to name her Ik Bin Trauvik but then she went for Mercy.

Guest Rachelle of London

^ I AGREE!!!

Count me in to the "Sorry" lovers, it's actually the single which made me become a fan :thumbsup:

Hung Up was played sooooo much at the time I preffered Sorry

Everybody saying "Madonna hates this", "Madonna likes that better"... but where's the evidence... ?

200.gif

She said in Rolling Stone in 2009 that she thinks it's corny and didn't think it sounded like a hit, as with Cherish