The STAR ACADEMY appearance. I feel sorry for her!

Crystal Coffin

She didn't say the song was corny in Rolling stone. She said that she felt retarded singing them - not a great choice of word at all. I don't think she dislikes them, just does not feel completely at ease singing them for some reason. This is her quote below. Also note she mentioned Cherish and Into the Groove - 2 of her very best.

“I’ve never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I’ve written, like ‘Cherish’ and ‘Sorry,’ a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits. ‘Into the Groove’ is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it.” —Madonna,

Guest whatatramp

But it's the only Madonna song ever that has been sung and later in the same concert used as interlude!

So my opinion is that Madonna LOVES the song so much that she was thinking about giving the name Sorry to Mercy. And then decided to name her Ik Bin Trauvik but then she went for Mercy.

:lol: It's IK BEN DROEVIG

She didn't say the song was corny in Rolling stone. She said that she felt retarded singing them - not a great choice of word at all. I don't think she dislikes them, just does not feel completely at ease singing them for some reason. This is her quote below. Also note she mentioned Cherish and Into the Groove - 2 of her very best.

“I’ve never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I’ve written, like ‘Cherish’ and ‘Sorry,’ a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits. ‘Into the Groove’ is another song I feel retarded singing, but everybody seems to like it.” —Madonna,

Thanks for the exact quote jazzyjan. I guess no Sorry then for the next tour :( (hopefully, it's at least going to be Get Together then...)

By the way, I gotta say I always loved that Rolling Stone interview she did, it was one of the VERY few times in the recent years that we got a deep insight into her older music. I know this is not the right thread for it, but that just made me think of the MDNA interviews again, which revolved around everything but her music, not even her current album. I would love it if we could get a similarly detailed interview on her music like the Rolling Stone one for the next era again!

But it's the only Madonna song ever that has been sung and later in the same concert used as interlude!

That's not true! Beat Goes On was also used for the Get Stupid interlude. It's ironic that she used it twice, yet it wasn't a single. :(