New album updates - "So many great songs, can't wait." (Madonna)

Who the fuck cares if a song was a "flop" (GOD, how I hate that word). Is your ability to enjoy the music dependent on that? I can't be the only one sick of that?

We have discussed this since 2003. Neverending stooooryyyyyyyyyy

For years I thought what I enjoyed MOST about Madonna was her tours and videos. In other words, I thought I appreciated her most as a visual artist. But starting w/ "Celebration," I realize how crucial the music is, funny as that may sound. At this point, her music (esp the remixes) are FIRST AND FOREMOST for me; I don't care about a tour or videos this time around near as much as THE MUSIC. I liked MDNA the album, but if I get another entire era of "kid friendly, radio safe, fun (pick your adjective)" singles choices ..and BAD BAD remixes... it's going to seriously start to influence me as a collector. I'll always be a fan.. a MAJOR fan... but scouring for remixes and the like, to the extent I've been doing for decades, may come to an end. Another era of bad single choices will have impacted the discography too substantially to the point where it wouldn't be fun anymore. It's great to look back over the decades and see such wonderful music I all love, then to come to this singles slump since, what, 2010?? Starting w/ Celebration.

Avicci? okay fine. I'll reserve further comment. Just DON'T troll us on those SINGLE CHOICES again. When it comes to tours, videos and practically everything else, she's still got it going on. But, god, those single choices are so important. This is what's worrying me most. I'm sure I'll like the album as a whole. She's yet to fail in that regard.

AMEN

For years I thought what I enjoyed MOST about Madonna was her tours and videos. In other words, I thought I appreciated her most as a visual artist. But starting w/ "Celebration," I realize how crucial the music is, funny as that may sound. At this point, her music (esp the remixes) are FIRST AND FOREMOST for me; I don't care about a tour or videos this time around near as much as THE MUSIC. I liked MDNA the album, but if I get another entire era of "kid friendly, radio safe, fun (pick your adjective)" singles choices ..and BAD BAD remixes... it's going to seriously start to influence me as a collector. I'll always be a fan.. a MAJOR fan... but scouring for remixes and the like, to the extent I've been doing for decades, may come to an end. Another era of bad single choices will have impacted the discography too substantially to the point where it wouldn't be fun anymore. It's great to look back over the decades and see such wonderful music I all love, then to come to this singles slump since, what, 2010?? Starting w/ Celebration.

Avicci? okay fine. I'll reserve further comment. Just DON'T troll us on those SINGLE CHOICES again. When it comes to tours, videos and practically everything else, she's still got it going on. But, god, those single choices are so important. This is what's worrying me most. I'm sure I'll like the album as a whole. She's yet to fail in that regard.

That's interesting. Of course, I love her music, but I love the excitement of seeing her perform live the most. That's where she comes alive the most for me. I've never really been a collector. Of course, I buy all her albums, but I rarely buy singles. I'm just not that into remixes. They all sound the same to me, I can't tell if it's a good or a bad remix, because I'm not a hard core club person, I prefer the more pop album versions. It's great that you are into collecting, but I think more and more people aren't into that. People don't buy singles and albums like they used to. I don't think singles are really that important in the music business of 2014. Singles have very little relevance to me. So I don't think she can gear her whole career to collectors.

The only thing I like collecting is magazines with interviews and photoshoots with her. I like seeing her in different looks and hearing what she has to say because she always has something interesting, intelligent, funny or insightful to say in interviews. I did miss her not doing too many magazine profiles during the MDNA era.

r8ju.jpg

She looks lovely. I love this look ! I have always love STUDIODONNA !

Guest Not4Pussies

r8ju.jpg

She looks lovely. I love this look ! I have always love STUDIODONNA !

That's some dita parlo erotica sessions right there

She just posted another pic

Exciting. Notice the hashtag #rebelheart

#rebelheart would be a cool name for an album.

Exactly.

Remember she dropped the entire Shep-BS album?

I thought though sessions just didn't work out creatively.

Madonna won't waste time these days promoting material through social media she isn't interested in releasing.

"SONGS!?" As in plural? Whatever they've made, I'm expecting some JAMS.

dwa.gif

I know and there's "so many"! YAYAYAY I have butterflies I'm so excited!

I thought though sessions just didn't work out creatively.

Madonna won't waste time these days promoting material through social media she isn't interested in releasing.

Agree .I think at that stage in her career she could afford to throw away a whole finished album but I doubt that she would want to do that now.