Madonna performing with Miley Cyrus at MTV Unplugged!

adreeyen

This is the first time madonna wasn't the top. Miley was all over her.

Not that I think Madonna would particularly care what anyone would say about it afterward, but ... there's the possibility that the reaction to the reverse scenario (Madonna top, Miley bottom) would seem ... predatory? You know, like the "older" Madonna preying upon the "younger, innocent" Miley. (I know, I know. ... Miley's hardly been presenting herself as innocent lately, but ... she is the less experienced of the two.) It gives people less room to accuse Madonna of "corrupting" Miley.

But ... whatever. Just imagining the reverse scenario and you know there would be more supposed outrage for the way that would have appeared.

To think people were angry at this :ass:

You can see how much respect Miley has for Madonna who was in top form, her voice is so good when she just sings, she should definitely make an unplugged. It brought me back to 2001 and the Music album which i'm gonna listen all day long now. Nice that Monte was there too. Was he there during the whole set or just during Madonna's part ?

It also surprised mme that Miley comes as a top in this one, her attitude is very sexual and that's great i have never seen any artist doing this with M, not even the Britney kiss looked so lesbic, and it's fun that M is cool with this.

The performance was amazing, DTM is a great song and i love that they do the choreo and the guitars, we need Music 2.0!

It wasn't bad. Her vocals were great and she looked good. She not a Miley fan though.

On a side note I find it frustrating that whenever Madonna performs with younger artists it's always all about how she is trying to win new fans and how desperate she is to perform with the "hot" new artist. Yet no one ever questions or thinks about what an honor it would be for someone like Miley to perform with a legend. Thinking logically who do you think approached who? I'd wager Madonna is the one who gets asked to perform not her running around desperately trying to find people who'll give her a break and allow HER to perform with them.

Nor do any other artists cop shit when they perform with young artists. No one said Rolling Stones were desperate performing with Gaga. No one said that country dude was desperate performing with Willie Nelson at the Grammy's. Yet there is always a double standard for Madonna. Not just this but anything she does. Angelina adopts a black kid and she's a savior, Madonna adopts a kid and she is a monster who is simply using her wealth to buy kids. I don't really give a shit if people don't like her but the hypocrisy is so annoying sometimes.

It wasn't bad. Her vocals were great and she looked good. She not a Miley fan though.

On a side note I find it frustrating that whenever Madonna performs with younger artists it's always all about how she is trying to win new fans and how desperate she is to perform with the "hot" new artist. Yet no one ever questions or thinks about what an honor it would be for someone like Miley to perform with a legend. Thinking logically who do you think approached who? I'd wager Madonna is the one who gets asked to perform not her running around desperately trying to find people who'll give her a break and allow HER to perform with them.

Nor do any other artists cop shit when they perform with young artists. No one said Rolling Stones were desperate performing with Gaga. No one said that country dude was desperate performing with Willie Nelson at the Grammy's. Yet there is always a double standard for Madonna. Not just this but anything she does. Angelina adopts a black kid and she's a savior, Madonna adopts a kid and she is a monster who is simply using her wealth to buy kids. I don't really give a shit if people don't like her but the hypocrisy is so annoying sometimes.

Everyone should watch this, Miley asked her, Miley asked for Dont Tell Me, here she is saying it

http://www.mtv.com/shows/miley_cyrus_unplugged/miley-and-madonna-embrace-sexuality-on-unplugged/998190/video/#id=1720754

That was a great performance and I love the mash up. Just Love it.

Loved it! As expected, she stole the stage. Love her look and her few dance moves from the music video! It felt like a little reprise of the Music era :wow:

You could see her leg still wasn't perfectly ok, but she came across as unconstrained and seemed to feel very comfortable! Playful with the audience as well.

As a performance, it wasn't really anything special (but it obviously wasn't meant to be anyway), but totally fun to watch! Another nice Madonna moment :thumbsup:

Wow. Just watched this on my break at work. Thanks Sloane for posting it.

I loved it. Thought both songs blended together perfectly and they both sang well. Miley is a better singer than people give her credit for and she looked so excited to be performing with Madonna. Madonna looked gorgeous and I think it was lovely for her to support Miley. I never see this as desperate like some fans try to say - Madonna has always encouraged and supported younger females. She is not threatened by them, she knows she is the ultimate star and seems to want to look out for them. Great stuff.

Don't Tell Me/ We Can't Stop was cute for what it was; playful grinding, a bit of choreo, those outfits.If you're not ready to go home... Can I get a "HELL NO!?"

^ I heard you Madonna, tryna give a little vocal-run :rotfl::inlove:

That vocal run was actually my favourite part of the performance! I loved it!

So, interesting performance, I loved Madonna, but I think she was holding back :-(

I didn't like Miley so much, her voice is scratching my ears and she's a bit annoying since she cut her hair lol