Madonna performing with Miley Cyrus at MTV Unplugged!

adreeyen

Ok, that was absolutely hilarious! :rotfl: :rotfl: watched it with a huge smile on my face from start to finish and loved it! I think that was sexier than what she did with Britney, Miley agresively grinding all over her was HILAR :rotfl: M sounded great, Miley sounded ok too. LOVE IT.

Nonoka, Justin's last album the 20/20 experience part 2 flopped BIG TIME and he hasn't even gotten a hit single out of it.

Which is surprising since the 20/20 Experience part 1 released early last year was a HUGE hit and featured 2 big hit songs

Also to be a successful touring act, he has too co headline with Jay!Z.

So going by his most recent album and single sales and touring numbers, Madonna and the MDNA era is MUCH bigger than him.

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure, so I put the question mark in my post. But even if some of his singles flopped then, he did have 2 huge hits out of that album as well, so at least some of the singles were more succesful than M's recent ones.

But anyway, we don't need another discussion like that, that wasn't my main point - but thanks for your post! :thumbsup:

Neither Spears or Timberlake were new when Madonna collaborated with them- and neither is Cyrus. The latter just happens to be enjoying her non-Hanna-Montana zenith right now. And it's not on a track or anything.

This was cute. M sounded a bit odd singing the "We Can't Stop" lyrics, though. :)

So any news about what Miley fans are saying about the mash up?

From what I could see on Twitter / Instagram when I was searching for a video link to the performance, they absolutely loved it.

The overwhelmingly negative comments though :lmao:

"OMG MADONNA STOP!"

"GROW OLD GRACEFULLY"

"HARD TO WATCH"

Madonna doesn't give a FUCK, idiots! Can't wait for your next move Madge!

:smooch:

Typical haters repeating themselves and forever going around in circles. I wouldn't be surprised if they swim using one arm too. :lmao:

Her voice was amazing, really put miley to shame and its awesome that she still deliver an amazing vocal performance of Don't Tell Me 14 years later!

From Spin

But the "Wrecking Ball" rider was just as likely to dress up as a country throwback, twerk with a little person and someone in a horse costume, and sing hokey hoedown versions of her songs. Capping the night, Macklemore pal Madonna joined Cyrus for a goofy medley ofMusic's underrated, aptly acoustic guitar-based can't-stop-won't-stop anthem "Don't Tell Me" and, of course, Miley megahit "We Can't Stop." The sonic wizardry of Mike WiLL Made It is missed, and all the cartoonishness offsets the music, but Cyrus has found a formula for reaching a wider audience than less manipulative-feeling performances might get on their own. And, as Aimee Mann might say, it's not going to stop.

From the bitches of New York Post

At the end of the hour-long broadcast, the two joined forces on a mash-up of the material girl’s single “Don’t Tell Me” and Cyrus’ hit “We Can’t Stop.” With her black outfit and rhinestone-encrusted cowboy hat, Madge came suitably dressed for her cameo but her voice was where she fell short. The 55-year-old has never been a great singer and next to Miley’s impressive range and stage presence, she was undoubtedly humbled. Madonna’s best days are behind her, but Miley’s best days are clearly still to come.

Shep Pettibone again praising Madonna on facebook for the duet and her voice. Something is up between those two or what ?

Madonna and Miley on MTV Unplugged last night was fabulous. Yes, Madonna can SING!
Oh and those bitches at the NYP clearly did not watch the same idea as the rest of the world since everyone agree Madonna's voice was better than Miley's.
EDIT : my fucking phone corrected video with idea.......

Shep Pettibone again praising Madonna on facebook for the duet and her voice. Something is up between those two or what ?

Shep Pettibone

Madonna and Miley on MTV Unplugged last night was fabulous. Yes, Madonna can SING!

Oh and those bitches at the NYP clearly did not watch the same idea as the rest of the world since everyone agree Madonna's voice was better than Miley's.

Shep wants to work again with M so badly :lol: go M quick! Pat + Shep = worldwide hit!

From the bitches of New York Post

At the end of the hour-long broadcast, the two joined forces on a mash-up of the material girl’s single “Don’t Tell Me” and Cyrus’ hit “We Can’t Stop.” With her black outfit and rhinestone-encrusted cowboy hat, Madge came suitably dressed for her cameo but her voice was where she fell short. The 55-year-old has never been a great singer and next to Miley’s impressive range and stage presence, she was undoubtedly humbled. Madonna’s best days are behind her, but Miley’s best days are clearly still to come.

The absolute hatred and bias against Madonna by certain members of the press is abysmal and shocking. I try to turn off but this comment takes the cake.

logoSmall.png

Miley Cyrus grinds with Madonna for MTV's 'Unplugged'

Miley and Madonna is a match made in heaven. The beans were spilled early about the night’s surprise guest. But how would Cyrus keep up with pop’s most iconic button-pusher? By dialing up the sexuality, of course. During a cover of Madonna’s country-electro-fused hit, “Don’t Tell Me,” the Queen of Pop was ushered through the crowd and sat in the audience before she joined in. The song then masterfully morphed into Cyrus’ summer jam “We Can’t Stop” as the two playfully ground and struck out their tongues. On the song’s second take, Madonna joked that the two should get nastier, and Cyrus followed Madonna’s suggestion by frisking the pop star as if looking for contraband during the performance.

logo.png

And then there was Madonna‘s much-hyped appearance. She sat quietly on a bench in the audience before joining Miley on stage for a mash-up of “Don’t Tell Me” and “We Can’t Stop”. The songs blended seamlessly and they sounded great while groping, grinding and slapping each other on the butt. Their sexy antics were mildly embarrassing but really, who cares? Seeing the (different) zeitgeist-capturing pop divas work together was a magical moment and they had to give Twitter something to talk about.