Kid Rock about Madonna

Nikki

Kid Rock was fired up this morning on CNBC's "Squawk Box" when he heard Madonna mentioned as a musician that's a supporter of Detroit.

"Madonna ain't done nothing for Detroit!" said the Detroit rocker.

In the interview, which also featured Quicken Loans founder Dan Gilbert, Kid Rock talked about his roots, his music, and his Detroit pride.

"There’s no place on earth, no city with more style than Detroit city. That’s a fact. You got a blank canvas here. There’s a real sense of community here.”

At a concert last year, Madonna told the Joe Louis Arena crowd, "This place made me who I am, a hard working girl.

Detroit is making a comeback."

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/k...m+-+Local+News

those comments :o

Has she really done NOTHING for detroit? I don't believe that for one second. And she keeps mentioning detroit in a lot of interviews too. what are these people whining about?

Actually, I agree with him. What has she really done for "Detroit"? But I would ask the same of Kid Rock? I honestly have no clue since I don't follow him as closely as Madonna. She certainly can claim that Detroit helped her become the hard working person she is, but I honestly don't know what she's really done, other than help inspire others to follow her lead.

Still, you can't take away the fact, she is one of a number of well known musicians who came from that area.

The title of this thread is misleading. I don't believe Kid Rock was "whining". He just made an observed statement that was his opinion. I'm not saying I agree with everything he says of Madonna, but he's entitled to his say, and I don't see what he said was necessarily "stupid" either. Well unless you count the use of bad grammar. LOL!

I know, I edited the title. (I didn't want to use the headline the website uses because of the trolls on this forum possibly spreading this bit ;))

and I also wondered myself if she had done anything special for detroit, because I honestly have no idea. I know she does a lot for different countries and just recently new york, but aside from mentioning she comes from detroit in interviews sometimes I don't really know what she has done for it. Not that I think she should per se, either. So i'm asking as well. Maybe other fans know more about it.

What has he done for the world?

If anything Madonna's work ethic is testament to the very story of that city

Ignorant dull tacky white trash

Besides nobody over 30 outside of the US knows who he is

kid-rock-quote-why-is-everybody-trying-t

George-Bush-phone-e1336481685688-450x309

AKogjaEnw1kg4uebkgALejcX_500.jpg

0303_kid_rock_bn-1.jpg

Pam-720842.jpg

:lmao:

I wonder what he has done for Detroit anyway

Well add it to the list of hysterics whenever someone remotely praises Madonna. How the hell does he know what Madonna has done or not done? She's pretty private. To her critics, imagine just for a second Madonna saying that about someone else. I doubt you would saying it's her opinion.

Well add it to the list of hysterics whenever someone remotely praises Madonna. How the hell does he know what Madonna has done or not done? She's pretty private. To her critics, imagine just for a second Madonna saying that about someone else. I doubt you would saying it's her opinion.

yes she'd be labeled a "bully", someone who only starts wars against other artists, etc.. ridiculous

I despise Kid Rock! He's one of the worst "musicians" in the music business today.His music is garbage.He likes to pretend that he is some local hero in Detroit,but I bet that most people in Detroit couldn't care less about him.

I have to disagree. He's got some real talent. He's a true musician. He can compose, write and play his own music. So to say he has no talent is simply inaccurate. You might not like his style, but he is very talented for the genre of music he performs. Certainly, he has his own opinions of the world. He's entitled to that. No need to bash him over silly nonsense over this. I don't necessarily agree with his stance that musicians should shut up about politics. I think anyone with a voice, should be allowed to say their peace... musician or not. Some people just get pissed because celebrities who speak out, actually have influece on people.

Didn't Madonna mention something about bringing Detroit back in her artforfreedom twitter chat? I don't really get why he says musicians should shut up about politics, when he has stated his very conservative opinions? It just seems to me the people who say celebrities shouldn't be political are always conservative. They are mad because most musicians don't agree with them and have liberal views. They want people who don't agree with them to shut up.

Didn't Madonna mention something about bringing Detroit back in her artforfreedom twitter chat? I don't really get why he says musicians should shut up about politics, when he has stated his very conservative opinions? It just seems to me the people who say celebrities shouldn't be political are always conservative. They are mad because most musicians don't agree with them and have liberal views. They want people who don't agree with them to shut up.

:clap:

Why do people always go on and on about being people "entitled" to their opinion, especially when it's ignorant? That doesn't mean anything. Like I have to bend over backwards because someone is "entitled"?

Yes, everyone has the right to have their opinion/idea/belief...and I respect peoples' right to have the right to have it...but that doesn't mean the opinion/idea/belief is worthy of any respect or validity if it is illogical or ignorant. "Entitled to an opinion" means jack shit.

How the fuck does "Kid Rock" know what Madonna has done or not done, or what she feels about Detroit? He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.

Why do people always go on and on about being people "entitled" to their opinion, especially when it's ignorant? That doesn't mean anything. Like I have to bend over backwards because someone is "entitled"?

Yes, everyone has the right to have their opinion/idea/belief...and I respect peoples' right to have the right to have it...but that doesn't mean the opinion/idea/belief is worthy of any respect or validity if it is illogical or ignorant. "Entitled to an opinion" means jack shit.

How the fuck does "Kid Rock" know what Madonna has done or not done, or what she feels about Detroit? He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.

Dude, the street goes both ways!!

Dude, the street goes both ways!!

Not quite. That's the fallacy of false equivalency. I said that, yes, people have the right to have whatever opinion/idea/belief they want...but if the opinion/idea/belief is not based on any sort of logic, reason, or evidence, then it isn't worthy of any respect or validity itself. That goes for the opinion/idea/belief...not the person.

Kid Rock has the right to believe whatever he wants...nobody is taking that right away from him. But that doesn't mean that what he believes is true or logical. If not, we have the right to say that. In this case, his opinion doesn't really mean anything because he has nothing to back it up with. How does he know what Madonna has or has not done for Detroit, or how she really feels about her home town.