COVID-19 aka Coronavirus

Crux

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

they have an amazing YT-channel, their name is Ethan & Hila, I love them :rotfl: , they are pretty big Youtubers

Thanks for the info. I need this right now!! Stay safe and be well. Have a laugh to keep from crying..... 

On 3/30/2020 at 9:24 PM, Msig said:

The Danish government just announced that the coronavirus lockdown measures in Denmark seem to be working.

Provided that the number of new hospitalisations remains stable for the next two weeks, the Danish government will begin a gradual and controlled opening of the Danish society after Easter.

Denmark's Prime Minister announced that daycare facilities and primary schools will re-open on 15 April. Additionally, upper secondary schools will open for students in their final year.

All other current lockdown measures have been extended, for the time being up to and including 10 May. However, the ban on mass gatherings will be lifted no earlier than 1 September.

No 9th and 10th form-level school-leaving examinations will take place this year; marks given for the year's work will count also as examination marks.

4 hours ago, Msig said:

Denmark's Prime Minister announced that daycare facilities and primary schools will re-open on 15 April. Additionally, upper secondary schools will open for students in their final year.

All other current lockdown measures have been extended, for the time being up to and including 10 May. However, the ban on mass gatherings will be lifted no earlier than 1 September.

No 9th and 10th form-level school-leaving examinations will take place this year; marks given for the year's work will count also as examination marks.

Wow the ban on mass gatherings is effective until September. Imagine that would be a major damper on the country since Denmark has a cold climate. Know that you guys look forward to the summer months. 

Guest jamesshot

I've heard officials throw out dates like July, August. There is no way a virus this contagious just goes away and we go back to normal any time soon. They've spoken about a return of it in winter. If that happens, this all starts over again. Hopefully, everybody does it right if we have round 2. 

These churches that insist on having mass gatherings is so irresponsible. Actually, that is not a strong enough word. It is flat out dangerous and will lead to deaths and sickness. I don't understand why they must all gather. We all want to get out of our houses but they are using church as a convenient excuse. They should feel the wrath of everybody since they will infect others leading to us being isolated even longer.

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

I've heard officials throw out dates like July, August. There is no way a virus this contagious just goes away and we go back to normal any time soon. They've spoken about a return of it in winter. If that happens, this all starts over again. Hopefully, everybody does it right if we have round 2. 

These churches that insist on having mass gatherings is so irresponsible. Actually, that is not a strong enough word. It is flat out dangerous and will lead to deaths and sickness. I don't understand why they must all gather. We all want to get out of our houses but they are using church as a convenient excuse. They should feel the wrath of everybody since they will infect others leading to us being isolated even longer.

This is their mentality (or lack thereof):

I call them “Evilgelicals”. 

8 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Boris Johnson has been moved to the intensive care unit.

I read that this morning in The Guardian  . It says al though he has no known underlying health condition , he has struggled with obesity and is considered overweight .

I hope he pulls through .

13 hours ago, Msig said:

I am very curious about why some countries have less cases and less deaths than others. The fact that many countries with extreme lockdown for weeks are doing worse than others. I guess it's some genetic thing. That will help to find a vaccine.

There are many many MANY irresponsible people e.g. wedding gathering, dinner gathering etc

That is what happened in my country and because of these people, the number of infection spike and forced my local government to start locking down starting from today.

No more entertainment, no dining in restaurant, no gathering to stop virus spreading. :rolleyes: 

49 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I am very curious about why some countries have less cases and less deaths than others. The fact that many countries with extreme lockdown for weeks are doing worse than others. I guess it's some genetic thing. That will help to find a vaccine.

I think what has worked is that the lockdown measures were introduced literally hours after the health authorities had confirmed the first case of person-to-person spread within Denmark where the source was unknown.

The number of patients hospitalised in Denmark with COVID-19 has fallen every day for almost a week, and the number of patients needing intensive care is well below the maximum capacity.

5 minutes ago, Msig said:

I think what has worked is that the lockdown measures were introduced literally hours after the health authorities had confirmed the first case of person-to-person spread within Denmark where the source was unknown.

The number of patients hospitalised in Denmark with COVID-19 has fallen every day for almost a week, and the number of patients needing intensive care is well below the maximum capacity.

Well done! 

Spain's main problem was that deaths happened earlier (mid February) when WHO still was giving wrong information. That and other factors such as the badly managed elderly homes (something that France is dealing with now) and the high level of tourism. It's not coincidence that the most tourism in the EU is in Italy, Spain and France. Also, the less beds in hospitals. 

Maybe too our social behaviour: greetings friends and family with kisses every day. Also the very close relationship with elderly (grandparents being visited each day and even in charge of taking care of children while parents work) Also, shoes at home or not. Countries where people take off shoes at the door.

And the mysterious case of the difference in the TB vaccine given to population in Eastern Europe and other countries. There's even a big difference between West and East Germany severe Corona cases.

I am sure many of these circumstances are at play. 

Guest jamesshot

Even people in lock downs are not heeding the advice. Plenty are still going out. We'll never be able to prove how bad things would have been had it not been for the lock down. Most people here in the US did not take this seriously until about maybe 2 weeks ago. Maybe. I'd say they didn't start taking it seriously until last week.

4 hours ago, jamesshot said:

Even people in lock downs are not heeding the advice. Plenty are still going out. We'll never be able to prove how bad things would have been had it not been for the lock down. Most people here in the US did not take this seriously until about maybe 2 weeks ago. Maybe. I'd say they didn't start taking it seriously until last week.

Even still, many are not taking it seriously, and there is an attitude of “This is America, and I won’t be told to stay in.” It’s very upsetting. There’s also complete lack of understanding about this virus. As soon as one state has a relatively “good” day in terms of one statistic or another, I see people commenting things like “we should be back to normal soon.” Or people posting the number of recoveries, as though that is relevant to the scope of this virus’s damage. Sadly, I think that in the United States, we probably will open back up far too soon and see devastating consequences.

Guest jamesshot
6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Even still, many are not taking it seriously, and there is an attitude of “This is America, and I won’t be told to stay in.” It’s very upsetting. There’s also complete lack of understanding about this virus. As soon as one state has a relatively “good” day in terms of one statistic or another, I see people commenting things like “we should be back to normal soon.” Or people posting the number of recoveries, as though that is relevant to the scope of this virus’s damage. Sadly, I think that in the United States, we probably will open back up far too soon and see devastating consequences.

I agree. There are people throwing "Liberty" parties saying this is liberty or death. Well, yes, it is but not in the way you see it. It is upsetting. These people are going to kill others. They should be denied medical treatment. 

5 hours ago, jamesshot said:

I agree. There are people throwing "Liberty" parties saying this is liberty or death. Well, yes, it is but not in the way you see it. It is upsetting. These people are going to kill others. They should be denied medical treatment. 

It's interesting, for sure. I spoke with a family member in the Midwest last night (who I am 99% sure voted for Trump). She was actually scared about the virus and seemed genuinely panicked that she wasn't sure which news reports to trust. In some ways, I felt somewhat bad for her. It was like she was finally having an epiphany about her stupid choices. But much like people who you warn not to go down a certain path, you just have to look from your safe place and say, "I am sorry you made that choice. I did everything I could for you. Now, you're on your own. Good luck."

40 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

i just got tested positive to corona.

stay safe guys

Hey Get well soon ! Wishing you a speedy recovery 💛