Coronavirus

MadFan

7 hours ago, Narendra Sen said:

So the masks are useless to the general public, but they are useful to medical professionals? After he just said they offer no protection?

First of all, you have to have the proper mask first (an N95 or above, and one made for medical use/not construction). And you have to know how to properly wear it. Most non-professionals don't wear it properly, so they're not actually protecting themselves and thus keeping it out of the hands of the professionals who need it (all the while the supply is pretty much sold out everywhere).

Second, the people most in need of it are medical professionals who are working in direct contact with people who are sick (in general), so as not to spread it to other patients (as well as keep themselves as healthy as possible so they can work to treat patients)...and then those who have already been diagnosed so they don't so easily spread the virus. The best way to contain the spread of the virus is for those who already have it (or who may possibly have it and are showing heavy symptoms) from spreading it first.

I don't know though, I'm a bit confused myself and would feel better if I had a few on hand just in case. But there is a priority list for those in need of them right now while supply is out everywhere and companies are rushing to make more.

10 hours ago, Intervention_78 said:

I'm still trying to determine if I should cancel my vacation to Spain in May. I'm hoping that by then this whole thing would calm down or at least a vaccine is available for everyone. 

It wont have calmed down by then, and we wont have a vaccine for 12 months. But there's no reason to cancel a trip to Spain. I'm still going to Japan, Singapore and South Korea in April. Just be careful about getting too close to people, wash hands like you have OCD. The best defence is common sense.

6 hours ago, Bretticus said:

Australian supermarkets are running out of toilet paper because people think they will be shut away and will have nothing to wipe their asses with 😄

:lmao:

The hysteria in supermarkets is ridiculous and is getting worse each day as more Coronavirus cases get reported by the media. Look at this. This shopper ordered like 30 boxes of pasta today! It’s the flu you’ll get over within a week. You’re not going to be hunkering down in a nuclear bunker for many years! :wacko:

A23807CD-3BA2-43E4-B727-CE96FC01831F.jpeg

2 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

The hysteria in supermarkets is ridiculous and is getting worse each day as more Coronavirus cases get reported by the media. Look at this. This shopper ordered like 30 boxes of pasta today! It’s the flu you’ll get over within a week. You’re not going to be hunkering down in a nuclear bunker for many years! :wacko:

Is anyone going to feel like eating pasta if they have flu like symptoms? :lol:

3 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

The dumb sheeple

What can you do

I have seen a couple of 30yo with three shopping carts with just water in them

3 hours ago, Bretticus said:

Is anyone going to feel like eating pasta if they have flu like symptoms? :lol:

if I sneeze , why obviously I'd want a bowl full o' pasta  duh! hahahha

12 hours ago, XXL said:

Oh FFS

Poor baby

CB5CB911-F2DF-47EB-9FCE-D2D0CC231986.jpeg0FDEB006-276E-4576-BCEA-A8D894D85E7E.jpeg5CD350B3-E741-4895-8794-F9CCC4525FEB.jpeg

I swear, these are some of the most British things I’ve ever seen 😂. Thankfully I’m currently sunning myself on a beach in Thailand for three weeks instead of being in London.  

Before I left a few colleagues questioned if I was worried about going to Thailand, surprised I wasn’t thinking of cancelling, not sure if they’d go etc. blah blah blah.

No, cancelling didn’t cross my mind, hun...:queenbitch:

D6C8D3B9-18B5-4004-9620-E291C6C33242.jpeg

On 3/4/2020 at 12:10 AM, horn said:

Coronavirus is nothing compare to the common flu that kills 10,000 ppl a year in the US.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/the-flu-has-already-killed-10000-across-us-as-world-frets-over-coronavirus.html

An early February article and the flu wishes ^^^ Death rate for this virus is now 3.4 percent. . . . Say if 1,000 kids in a school have it, 34 will die. 

6 hours ago, funkydita said:

CB5CB911-F2DF-47EB-9FCE-D2D0CC231986.jpeg0FDEB006-276E-4576-BCEA-A8D894D85E7E.jpeg5CD350B3-E741-4895-8794-F9CCC4525FEB.jpeg

I swear, these are some of the most British things I’ve ever seen 😂. Thankfully I’m currently sunning myself on a beach in Thailand for three weeks instead of being in London.  

Before I left a few colleagues questioned if I was worried about going to Thailand, surprised I wasn’t thinking of cancelling, not sure if they’d go etc. blah blah blah.

No, cancelling didn’t cross my mind, hun...:queenbitch:

D6C8D3B9-18B5-4004-9620-E291C6C33242.jpeg

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Those tube pics

Wow

I process Amazon Prime orders at Whole Foods. A female shopper yesterday noticed me scanning stuff and heard me muttering to myself “WTF almost everything is gone!” She started talking to me saying people are acting ridiculous with the bulk buying and that she came to the store just to buy a few cans of vegetables for dinner. I jokingly said “Hey whatever you see you might as well buy it now because you won’t see it again for a long time since this Coronavirus shopper mayhem is getting worse each day.” She was amused and seemed cool unlike the really crazy people I’ve seen there lately.

I then left to go look for stuff to scan for orders in other aisles. Later on a coworker who was also in that aisle told me that right after I left the  aisle, the lady freaked out big time and made a big scene. She proceeded to massively fill up a shopping cart with 100+ cans like she was on a TV game show shopping spree!  :rotfl: She ran around throwing in a bunch of cans without looking at what the products actually were and bought enough canned corn to last a couple years! :wacko:

CompassionateRespectfulIndri-size_restri

1 hour ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

I process Amazon Prime orders at Whole Foods. A female shopper yesterday noticed me scanning stuff and heard me muttering to myself “WTF almost everything is gone!” She started talking to me saying people are acting ridiculous with the bulk buying and that she came to the store just to buy a few cans of vegetables for dinner. I jokingly said “Hey whatever you see you might as well buy it now because you won’t see it again for a long time since this Coronavirus shopper mayhem is getting worse each day.” She was amused and seemed cool unlike the really crazy people I’ve seen there lately.

I then left to go look for stuff to scan for orders in other aisles. Later on a coworker who was also in that aisle told me that right after I left the  aisle, the lady freaked out big time and made a big scene. She proceeded to massively fill up a shopping cart with 100+ cans like she was on a TV game show shopping spree!  :rotfl: She ran around throwing in a bunch of cans without looking at what the products actually were and bought enough canned corn to last a couple years! :wacko:

CompassionateRespectfulIndri-size_restri

Christ  :rotfl: :crazy:  :electropop: