“Dark Ballet” thread

57 minutes ago, jmlanz said:

GUYS.

I'm not sure if I'm reaching ,but Madonna is playing THE HOLY DEATH in the video.

First, on the close up, her eyes doesn't look blue.

Second, Clearly on the panoramic shot with the other women she looks way more pale than the rest. Even skull-ish.

And it makes sense, as she's only being a witness to mykki's death.

SO YEAH. SHE AIN'T PLAYING THIS TIME. IT'S HER WAY OF SAYING SHE'S ABOVE LIFE.

OH MY GOD.

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 12.41.15 AM.jpg

DDD.jpg

She is playing Mary Mother of God....yep

millionth excommunication TBA

The nutcracker sample is GENIUS . When I first heard the beginning of DB I kind of was disappointed but when the Nutcracker music starts and turns the whole thing upside down I

was in love .

Thank you Madame X !

Another new dimension to the Madame X cannon - really enjoying all the elements of this one. Agree that it is missing a great outro. The 'Its a Beautiful Life' line could really have been made into something as an outro, but it is what it is i guess . Its another good example - as i feel all the songs on this album have been - of those nagging melody lines that you cant get out of your head. Madonna is very good at those generally speaking, but they've been on strong display on this album.

My only gripe is that I was hoping it would be longer. That's a good thing, I guess, it left me wanting more, not less.

For me this is the kind of unbridled artistry she normally reserves for her tours, but now she's like 'fuck it, this is my brand and I am not holding back on it just to get a hit'. So much to unpick with this and that's wonderful. 

2 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Yes I agree! It sounds even better hearing it right after Dark Ballet!

The crackling at the beginning of the future now sounds like dying flames. It's perfect. One world ends and another begins. Breathtaking

52 minutes ago, domyeyebrows said:

My only gripe is that I was hoping it would be longer. That's a good thing, I guess, it left me wanting more, not less.

For me this is the kind of unbridled artistry she normally reserves for her tours, but now she's like 'fuck it, this is my brand and I am not holding back on it just to get a hit'. So much to unpick with this and that's wonderful. 

Yes, 10-20 years ago this wouldve been Tour backdrop only

I love that she’s featured as the narrator while letting Mykki shine. A modern take on Joan of Arc with an openly trans, HIV+ main character. My mind has been blown by Madame X so far. As she said in Survival, “no risk, no glory.” Madonna could be home crocheting, and instead she delivers THIS.

2 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Love the song feels too short just as I was getting into it, it just ended

Let's hope it gets extended for the tour 🤩