"Crave" thread (2nd single)

24 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

I don't like the American Life era either. It was wholly negative aside from how awesome the music was to me.

Yes it was a downer of an era ad I felt like she was forced to change her original narratives/visuals for the album so everything was all over the place.

I didn't have high hope for Crave . It was a bit confusing as I thought it was going to be a disco track then it was a ballad then it was something something but it's a

stunning tracking and Swae Lee's vocal perfectly compliments Madonna's . Love it.

38 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

The small snippet from the album teaser is still the most impressive track we've heard, and we have yet to hear the whole thing. Funny enough said song is exclusive to the deluxe version.

sounds like this will be another rebel heart/demo situation where one of the best tracks that deserved first single release is being ignored for some random reason. it's so irritating as a fan to see how she sometimes makes such weird music choices

do we know which song has that best teaser? the title?

A real grower. I give a listen after a few hours and now I LOVE IT. Really good song. Totally different but similar with the organic vibes. Can’t stop listening. I love the little echo Madame x voice has. I love it. A signature sound already. 

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

sounds like this will be another rebel heart/demo situation where one of the best tracks that deserved first single release is being ignored for some random reason. it's so irritating as a fan to see how she sometimes makes such weird music choices

do we know which song has that best teaser? the title?

Extreme Occident I believe 

13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

sounds like this will be another rebel heart/demo situation where one of the best tracks that deserved first single release is being ignored for some random reason.

She’s an artist, she makes music, it’s all subjective. Not sure we should say she makes weird music choices. She’s also a very mainstream artist and she does pop so she’s trying to make music that can appeal to as many people. 

I’m trying to put myself in her shoes. How hard it must be to balance an easy to sing and remember melody with more edgy elements. And how hard to choose the singles. Whatever she does, she’ll always make some fans happy and others upset.

I would not change anything in RH and their single selection. Same with all albums since ROL. Except maybe GI2M to be replaced by Beats Goes On - but some fans would have hated 2 singles with featurings back to back. She can’t please everyone. 

I’m getting tired of deleting posts and posting reminders to not post illegal new material links or ask for them. I swear the next person who shares or asks for or hints for a link or PM will get something a lot harsher than a warning. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, madmex said:

Crave should be released only in U.S.A because It's NOT going to be a worldwide hit.

The rest of the world deserves another Madame X representation. 

It could definitely work in Europe and worldwide. Check the top streaming tracks in Europe, there're not so much different than in the USA. With radio support it could become a big hit. It makes sense to have this as a second single and bet on it for radio play. Disco bangers and EDM are not doing well at the charts.

If i were her I would release that song instantly. Fuck the charts, the sales, the streaming.. It does not matter anyway... That is why i would release it now

2 hours ago, TXIII said:

Okay, I tried to not listen but there was a snippet on ... and this is GOOD. I can totally hear this on radio and I get why it’s a single choice. Idk what verse I’m hearing but I absolutely love it. Can’t wait for the full song on Friday! 

It's a great song. The lyrics are great.  I hope she does a live performance of it this week.  I know we will only get audio this week, so we need a live performance so some fans get exited about it.

Omg are you guys serious? Another premature leak? Friday is like around the corner... oh well... 

It's weird how everything was Tight for Medellin and now... It leaks... Did they changed her security !!! weird

4 hours ago, madmex said:

Crave should be released only in U.S.A because It's NOT going to be a worldwide hit.

The rest of the world deserves another Madame X representation. 

You mixed two ideas here. Is it a single meant to storm the charts or to present the album? Because I think the strategy this time is to present Madame X. They choose Medellin because it started the story, not because of the strength. 

I don't think Madonna is going for the stompers this time. That's why most fans are confused or even disappointed. 

I haven't listened to Crave yet but since the beginning I was sure she's not for the radio friendly or charts but rather for a concept. 

It's a chilled track. Only heard a shit quality version, but I like the song.

Loving her vocals so far. She sounds different, maybe it's the singing style.

I'm all for slow groove chilled M.

I also have the feeling the other tracks on the album are gonna be waaay different.

7 hours ago, Mensch said:

I’m sitting in my living room in total darkness watching the Medellin Remixes on YouTube and rotating that with I Rise, Crave and the Billboard performance...all of it, is EVERYTHING!!!! So many musical nuances and so much for remixers to play with...it’s just PERFECTION!!!! The dubtronic takes a trip mix with the video....OMG !!!! It’s beautiful!!! When the flute comes in!!! It’s unbelievable how it makes me think of M and everything she’s done and that we’re on this new journey with her!!! I’ll never stop being grateful. What a MEGASTAR, the singular POP GODDESS OF ALL TIME. 

I just had to let that out! 

Oh oh and I recommend playing it LOUD ON YOUR BIGGEST SCREEN WITH A GOOD BASS!!!! 

😍

1 hour ago, Katypatra said:

Omg are you guys serious? Another premature leak? Friday is like around the corner... oh well... 

Breathless-Mahoney-dick-tracy-37247103-337-500 copy.jpg

Stunning song. She will not have a hit whatever she releases as she has and will have no radio support and GP is so prejudiced against her due to her age. So she might as well release whatever the fuck her heart desires to introduce the album. It’s a beautiful, mature track from the queen. Can’t wait to see the video mensch has been talking about. 

the pre-chorus is stuck in my head

[Pre-Chorus: Madonna & Swae Lee]
'Cause you're the one I crave
And my cravings get dangerous
The feelings never fade
I don't think we should play with this
Said come, come get me straight
I don't think we should wait for this
'Cause you're the one I crave
And my cravings get dangerous

[Chorus: Madonna & Swae Lee]
(Ooh), My cravings get dangerous (ooh)
(Ooh), I don't think we should play with this
(Ooh), My cravings get dangerous (ayy, ooh)
(Ooh), I don't think we should wait

[Outro: Swae Lee]
It's on the line girl, you're risking everything

Im shocked to hear it has leaked. I hoped we could do without it this time.

But Friday is like two days away... who in the world could ever wait THAT long for anything ever... 

:megamanson:

4 hours ago, madmex said:

Ok, forget the worldwide hit.

Europe and latinoamerica are not into songs like CRAVE.  So why not a different second single for that audience?  FUTURE for us!

but they would if  Rihanna or Taylor or Becky, Arianna would be singin this 

After sleeping on it, crave is s my favorite release so far!

its very mature but adolescent in its lyrical content. Hella addictive to be honest . 

Sonically it’s very Portuguese folky (the guitar through out the track) mixed with some trap-hip hip and dance elements.

i wana drop it low gyrate and cry at the same time. Lol

Fucking love this. 

“You know I can’t change, this is how I’m made... I’m not afraid..” 

I'm holding off on listening to this one until Friday but I have to say just reading those lyrics, something about them feels very "classic M pop".....like they could fit on one of her first couple of albums.

I kind of like how all 3 of the songs so far have been sort of polarizing. That means she's doing something right! Seems like Crave will be no exception. Can't wait to hear it!!

31 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm holding off on listening to this one until Friday but I have to say just reading those lyrics, something about them feels very "classic M pop".....like they could fit on one of her first couple of albums.

I kind of like how all 3 of the songs so far have been sort of polarizing. That means she's doing something right! Seems like Crave will be no exception. Can't wait to hear it!!

I sincerely believe everything will make sense as an album. The tone is of the material thus far is less aggressive.

That Rihanna/Ariana mumbling in the beginning is just ridic. 😂 why would they make her sing like that?

There is a part from 2:09 onwards that I really like..she sounds lovely there.

This is clearly very radio friendly but I still don't think it's 2nd single worthy material.

sorry if it's not related to Crave but have you guys heard this rumour of a second album to come June 20?? Illogical Music a french store dedicated to Madonna just dropped that... What do you think?