“Medellín”

31 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Why do some reviews consider some lyrics cringe-worthy? I don't find anything cringe-worthy at all. 

I think they are referring to the clunky rhymes, which I actually kind of like, they have become Ms trademark. I remember the reviews complaining about „Nobody Knows Me“  „I‘m not that kind of guy/Sometimes I feel shy“... there are many more like these

2 hours ago, Samo said:

Uh the NYT not only reviewed RH but featured an exclusive multi page interview with Madonna, and put part of it on their cover on their prized SUNDAY edition

I know about the interview, I mean the Medellin review  even redirects to it  but review ? Link , pease 

1 hour ago, galvanize said:

I think they are referring to the clunky rhymes, which I actually kind of like, they have become Ms trademark. I remember the reviews complaining about „Nobody Knows Me“  „I‘m not that kind of guy/Sometimes I feel shy“... there are many more like these

I love the lyrics....I love the "cartel of love" ......everything is perfect....

I think it’s the “sipping my pain like it’s champagne” line I’ve seen called out the most which, i must confess, I did cringe at the first time I heard it as well.  It is clunky. Now it’s like whatever...

11 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I think it’s the “sipping my pain like it’s champagne” line I’ve seen called out the most which, i must confess, I did cringe at the first time I heard it as well.  It is clunky. Now it’s like whatever...

I absolutely love that line and her delivery of it. I don’t believe there’s anything cringey about it. 

2 hours ago, V.K said:

I know about the interview, I mean the Medellin review  even redirects to it  but review ? Link , pease 

They reviewed the album in the same edition, it was the Sunday print edition

I don't think they reviewed the LFL single however

The small digs at the use of autotune or a single line in Madonna reviews is another example of the intense scrutiny and hyper critical attitude towards her. I can't imagine a single other artist that would get this type of criticism in a positive review. 

And I LOVE the line...We built a cartel just for love. 

Why wouldn't she use that reference in a song about Medellin?

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

This is a disgrace. If true, we need to do something about this.

He is disgusting. He has been doing this for years. His hatred for Madonna is well known and never ceases. He picks who he wants to trash and who he wants to promote. Sickens me to the core. 

22 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Is this real?????

It hurts a lot to mention Roger Friedman, the famous bottom-feeding showbiz hack, and give him more attention than he deserves. After all, he worked at Fox News for several years, told vicious lies about certain celebrities who wouldn’t kiss his ass, and was finally fired when he reviewed a pirated copy of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Then, somehow, Mr. Friedman was hired by The Hollywood Reporter. He was eventually fired within months, and some said it was because of some emails in which he falsely accused his boss of being “HIV Positive.” This happened after THR was infested with complaints concerning Friedman’s inaccurate posts and poor fact checking. Soon, he somehow found work at Forbes, where he was only fired after a couple of months. The website deleted every article Friedman wrote, many which contained lies about Whitney Houston’s death.

Being fired from three outlets didn’t seem to deter Friedman. After all, he is good friends with Matt Drudge, who often links to Friedman’s work on The Drudge Report, even if it is proven to be completely false. Friedman was smart enough to start his own site, Showbiz411, which continues his daily slander. His site has slandered so many people that even Google News has taken the website off its news search engine as of January.

He helped and enabled Harvey Weinsten by making hit pieces dictated by him 

In 2004, word got around that Jennifer Lopez was complaining about being sexually harassed by Harvey, who then directed Roger Friedman to sabotage her.

jlo1.jpeg?w=825

jlo2.jpeg?w=825

Shockingly, Jennifer Lopez is just one of many of women who Harvey had on his hit list. Another one is Gwyneth Paltrow, who talked about being abused and threatened by Weinstein in the New York Times. Gwyneth didn’t speak much about her abuse, but did tell some, including her then-boyfriend Brad Pitt. Harvey didn’t become fully aware of how many people Gwyneth told until the early 2000s.

In 2003, Gwyneth said some things that Harvey thought disparaged her work with Miramax. And, as usual, Weinstein contacted Friedman, which resulted in this Fox News hit piece. There would be several more in the coming years, no matter what site Friedman worked on. (Once in a while, he would say nice things as to not make things completely obvious) However, Gwyneth has never been on Weinstein’s hit list like her former best friend, Madonna.

Yes, this is shocking since Miramax distributed Madonna’s 1991 film Truth or Dare. And everybody in the industry thought Madonna and Weinstein were good friends. Apparently, they were until Madonna was cast as the lead role in the Miramax film Fiddlefest, which was to be directed by Wes Craven. Madonna ended up being kicked out because of “creative differences,” and the film became known as Music of the Heart with Meryl Streep taking on Madonna’s lead role as a music teacher.

Part of the truth was that Madonna was just not cut out for the role. In addition, she was also very stubborn. When Harvey Weinstein got involved in the early summer of 1998, things went from bad to downright scary. Weinstein constantly referred to Madonna as “The C*nt,” which became her nickname among people working on the project. Harvey would call Craven and ask, “So, what is The C*nt up to today?”

There was a physical altercation between Harvey and Madonna, who, by this time, got used to being physically attacked by men in the film industry. Abel Ferrara notoriously hit her on the set of the film Dangerous Game. But after Madonna exited the film, she put the incident aside and didn’t hold much of a grudge against Weinstein. However, Weinstein continued to refer to Madonna as “The C*nt,” and directed his hit-boy Roger Friedman to write hit pieces.

Till this day, Friedman has attacked Madonna, her children, her music, her acting, her charity, etc. He often feeds negative stories about her, most of them slanderous, to Matt Drudge. The fact that Weinstein and Madonna were involved in a few more projects after the 1998 debacle makes all this more confusing. After all, it was The Weinstein Company who purchased the rightsto Madonna’s critically-maligned W.E. in 2011. The truth is that Harvey actually thought it could do good business on the heels of The King’s Speech.

Harvey was was wrong. He was also enraged that Madonna wouldn’t promote the film more. Since then, Weinstein has directed Friedman and other journalists to write even more hateful pieces about Madonna. Perhaps, Madonna knows about this as well. After all, this is what she posted when the news about Weinstein went public. https://exposingweinstein.com/2018/05/19/roger-friedman-the-man-who-enabled-harvey-weinstein-for-decades/

7 minutes ago, Kim said:

This is a disgrace. If true, we need to do something about this.

Just now, Jazzy Jan said:

He is disgusting. He has been doing this for years. His hatred for Madonna is well known and never ceases. He picks who he wants to trash and who he wants to promote. Sickens me to the core. 

what happened to objective journalism???

:lmao: I have to laugh at my own question, our society is doomed

3 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I'm a bit skeptical because of teh font 😞 it looks weird

His putrid site is already calling her song a flop. His biased hatred is disturbing. Somehow this evil man often gets his " stories" picked up too by other media. 

2 hours ago, strictmachine said:

I can't avoid but listening "sipping my pain just like sean penn..."

😀

WTF @ Madonna having physical altercation w/Weinstein and being HIT on set of DG!?!?

This is the first time I've heard of this!! To say Friedman is vile is being nice. I see that the Tweet was sent to Guy but what else can we do on our end?? Bad reviews are fine....what he is doing is NOT fine!!! Fuck him!

He is such a revolting man.  Never forget too that it was him that accused Madonna of "cheating"  with the MDNA tour bundle ( even though others before had done it )  and called the MDNA tour a flop.  That story was picked up everywhere by other media including the Daily Fail.   Makes me sick. 

his hatred and negative campaign towards madonna has been a long history.

no surprising that roger shitman, the past whoriah's manager, is still doing the hatred campaign to do damage to madonna. still typical and inferior campaing from that cow team.

he used to be whoriah's manager and did horrible damage and negative campaign for madonna's confessions era in 2006 to make her fail.

and at that time madonna's team did not do any action.

but he keeps doing the same thing and being an asshole.

his pathetic and inferior behavior came known at that time by his emails getting revealed back then.

he is still doing the same thing. he needs to be punished.

Edited by veroelectronica