Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

50 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I’m still frustrated with what I’m reading on here. What is the big deal if Madonna performs in Israel? Some of you fail to see the connection there, are you guys serious? Madonna has visited Israel a lot in the past, for professional as well as spiritual reasons! She is a Kabbalist after all. Have some of you forgotten? Wtf??

I want her to perform in Israel for sure

52 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I’m still frustrated with what I’m reading on here. What is the big deal if Madonna performs in Israel? Some of you fail to see the connection there, are you guys serious? Madonna has visited Israel a lot in the past, for professional as well as spiritual reasons! She is a Kabbalist after all. Have some of you forgotten? Wtf??

👍this!

26 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes.  People should not be taking Eurovision that seriously.  Have been watching it from the sidelines for many many years and always laughed and enjoyed it. Had a huge following here for so long.   Now that "  Australia"  is part of Europe :rotfl: getting to enjoy it as a a "contestant"  as well with all the hype and fun thrown in. 

For those wanting a political statement etc from Madonna,   sorry but should not happen.  People watch Eurovision for the sheer fun joy of it - with crazy performances part of the charm.  Also,  despite the craziness etc,  most of the entrants are actually skilled and good performers.  While the winner from Portugal was talented,  was turned off by his put downs and contempt for it.   I truly understand people not liking it,  but they can ignore it for one weekend and let the others that do get a laugh out of it and enjoy it,  watch it with the spirit of pure fun with some enjoyable music thrown in. 

Madonna is such a great performer that I think she would blow their socks off. 

Nice to read post like yours. Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

Oh wow so it’s semi-confirmed now? I’m cool with this because it will be a big exposure for her and the single/album/tour.

Which other singers/performers have acted there? 

It's not confirmed, as the source is WIWIBLOGS :rotfl:

So far I think only Justin Timberlake has ever performed there? tbqh for years and years I wondered why artists didn't go there to promote their singles, because the audience is so incredibly segmented! If you want to reach the gays following divas, it is your place! 

IMO Israel is a bad place for Eurovision and in general for some/all of the following reasons

-Israel's ILLEGAL military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza (Palestine) since 1967.

-The fact that because of said occupation, Palestinians are subject to military law and not civil law, and therefore are basically at the whims of the Israeli military. They also don't have proper citizenship. Basically the occupation is oppressive.

-Israel's backing of Jewish settlements in the West Bank. It is illegal for an occupying power to alter the demographics of a territory they occupy under the terms of the fourth Geneva convention.

-Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem, only Israeli sovereignty over the west of the city is recognised.

- Israel isn't an apartheid state as many claim it is, but it is one that has acted and continues to act unacceptably towards the Palestinians. It also repeatedly flouts international law and gets away with it.

- Don't forget the millions of Palestinian refugees that live in neighbouring countries that were driven out of their lands in 1948 and their right of return recognised in UN Resolution 194 which Israel denies despite having a law allowing every person of Jewish ancestry the right to gain citizenship and settle in the region. This one is a particular sticking point among Palestinians and often gets ignored by the western discourse on the conflict.

I think that both the Palestinians and Israelis have a right to self determination but the problem is both claim that right in the same geographic area

It has nothing to do with Jews as a people, and everything to do with how Israel as a country treats people who were already living there.

If Eurovision goes ahead I hope politics is left out of it completely

1 hour ago, sfm93 said:

Ask her Palestinian fans who tried to go to her attend her "peace" concert in Israel only to be turned away at the wall in the West Bank. Ask the thousands like my grandparents who were forcibly removed from their homes in Palestine (now Israel) who are never allowed to return.

Choosing to perform there is choosing to support a government that bombs UN hospitals despite international warnings and cuts off food and electricity access to its occupied Palestinian territories, people saying there's no difference between her performing in the US or Israel are dead wrong. It's nice to be privileged enough not to deal with these issues and look at them from the outside in like it's no big deal...

People ignoring this post

It would be great to have her doing it !

It'll be live, could be great, especially if the new song has a portuguese vibe , it will buzz at least all over Europe.

+ maybe it can be more than one song.

7 minutes ago, Andra said:

People ignoring this post

It is a very interesting post, but as we have stated Eurovision is not United Nations, it is a festival of songs created by Broadcasting Platforms from different countries to choose one song. It is not related to the European Union or any political institution. That is what some people don't understand. In Eurovision, during the early 90s, countries from the former Yugoslavie who were AT WAR were performing there: Serbia, Croatia... Russia and Ukraine, who are currently at conflict, have been performing there together. Ukraine's decision to boycott the participation of the Russian entry buy stopping the singer in the border was in my opinion out of the question and was very critisised and Eurovision sanctioned Ukraine for "harming" the image of the festival. That is why we are trying to explain that open politics are not part of Eurovision and only very, very recently, have timidly appear, with the booing of the Russian artists after Putin's politics against gays, for example. But nothing else. 

7 hours ago, Magician said:

Madonna has a target on her back and will be heavily criticized no matter what she does with the album. I already see the SJWs whining that she’s committing cultural appropriation by making a Portuguese inspired album. She should do whatever she damn well pleases.

This is actually very true. They're going to find SOMETHING....Eurovision or not. 

Unless Madonna starts dumbing down everything she does and second guessing every little thing she says or does, this is just how it's going to continue to be with her. Part of being her fan is accepting this. We have to remember, we now live in a time where if she released a song like La Isla Bonita, she'd be setting herself up for potential criticism. Hell, even if she released Ray Of Light now with some of the images she used during that time, not to mention Shanti/Ashtangi, she'd be torn apart....and the ROL era is the "crown jewel" of critical acclaim in her vast body of work, an example of the "right way" for her to do things. Would that approach work now though? For better or worse, it's a different world now. Obviously, we ALL hope for a successful, critically acclaimed era but I think it's time to realize that "second coming" (or third, depending on how you look at it) may never be. Madonna doesn't "stay in her lane" and she never has, now more than ever, that can potentially be a huge detriment to the way her work is received. 

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It is a very interesting post, but as we have stated Eurovision is not United Nations, it is a festival of songs created by Broadcasting Platforms from different countries to choose one song. It is not related to the European Union or any political institution. That is what some people don't understand. In Eurovision, during the early 90s, countries from the former Yugoslavie who were AT WAR were performing there: Serbia, Croatia... Russia and Ukraine, who are currently at conflict, have been performing there together. Ukraine's decision to boycott the participation of the Russian entry buy stopping the singer in the border was in my opinion out of the question and was very critisised and Eurovision sanctioned Ukraine for "harming" the image of the festival. That is why we are trying to explain that open politics are not part of Eurovision and only very, very recently, have timidly appear, with the booing of the Russian artists after Putin's politics against gays, for example. But nothing else. 

👌👍

3 minutes ago, Music said:

The album will not only be Portuguese inspired, but there will be portuguese musicians/artists on it. If it's the case, it won't be cultural appropriation...

Idk about that.....to this day she continues to get shit about Vogue and we all know that she hired dancers straight from the NYC ballroom scene for that. Yet, people still consider it "cultural appropriation".

12 minutes ago, Music said:

The album will not only be Portuguese inspired, but there will be portuguese musicians/artists on it. If it's the case, it won't be cultural appropriation...

The fake woke SJWs won’t care. They can’t stand her. They will ignore and distort facts to fit their narrative to trash her.

58 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

IMO Israel is a bad place for Eurovision and in general for some/all of the following reasons

-Israel's ILLEGAL military occupation of the West Bank and Gaza (Palestine) since 1967.

-The fact that because of said occupation, Palestinians are subject to military law and not civil law, and therefore are basically at the whims of the Israeli military. They also don't have proper citizenship. Basically the occupation is oppressive.

-Israel's backing of Jewish settlements in the West Bank. It is illegal for an occupying power to alter the demographics of a territory they occupy under the terms of the fourth Geneva convention.

-Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem, only Israeli sovereignty over the west of the city is recognised.

- Israel isn't an apartheid state as many claim it is, but it is one that has acted and continues to act unacceptably towards the Palestinians. It also repeatedly flouts international law and gets away with it.

- Don't forget the millions of Palestinian refugees that live in neighbouring countries that were driven out of their lands in 1948 and their right of return recognised in UN Resolution 194 which Israel denies despite having a law allowing every person of Jewish ancestry the right to gain citizenship and settle in the region. This one is a particular sticking point among Palestinians and often gets ignored by the western discourse on the conflict.

I think that both the Palestinians and Israelis have a right to self determination but the problem is both claim that right in the same geographic area

It has nothing to do with Jews as a people, and everything to do with how Israel as a country treats people who were already living there.

If Eurovision goes ahead I hope politics is left out of it completely

Oh please. Then the Olympics should have been cancelled in Russia and China. And the world cup should be cancelled in Qatar. And every international event should be cancelled in the US due to the wars and atrocities it's always involved in, especially during the Bush years. 

Eurovision is not supposed to be political. Otherwise, they should disqualify a number of shitty eastern European countries due to their governments. 

12 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Idk about that.....to this day she continues to get shit about Vogue and we all know that she hired dancers straight from the NYC ballroom scene for that. Yet, people still consider it "cultural appropriation".

No.

This is a history re-write. 

Only Gaga fans try to give her shit about Vogueing being cultural appropriation. Outside of their forums, I don't think I've ever seen anyone make any deal of it.

41 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

No.

This is a history re-write. 

Only Gaga fans try to give her shit about Vogueing being cultural appropriation. Outside of their forums, I don't think I've ever seen anyone make any deal of it.

Idk about this either.....I do think the Gaga fans had a hand in sort of "resurfacing" this but it was most definitely "a thing" before Gaga ever came along as I first became aware of it way back in the dotmusic days. I'm sure we all remember the Bell-Hooks essay from the early 90's, "Plantation Mistress or Soul Sister?", while it's not specifically about Vogue, it does delve into her "appropriation" of black gay culture. Obviously, since there was no social media back then, it didn't blow up in the way it could have and it sort of got buried for a number of years.

Does it really matter ? Vogue was a smash single and  is still considered one of her biggest hits.

Portugal is the place she's been living for a year or 2, people know it or will know it, it's only logical there will be some portuguese vibes in her album, and I'm convinced she'll have portuguese artists on it too. Some will accuse her of appropriation for sure but i'll be so silly, but I don't think it will matter at all. Madonna will handle it just fine !

During the MDNA tour, people in Basque country  were quite happy she brought Basque artists like Kalakan to her tour.

2 minutes ago, Music said:

Does it really matter ? Vogue was a smash single and  is still considered one of her biggest hits.

Portugal is the place she's been living for a year or 2, people know it or will know it, it's only logical there will be some portuguese vibes in her album, and I'm convinced she'll have portuguese artists on it too. Some will accuse her of appropriation for sure but i'll be so silly, but I don't think it will matter at all. Madonna will handle it just fine !

During the MDNA tour, people in Basque country  were quite happy she brought Basque artists like Kalakan to her tour.

I agree with all this and I do hope everything goes without incident. We just live in very strange times so, I just hate the thought of this #magic era we have ahead being shaded by a cloud of SJW funk.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Preach abuelita ! :kiss2:

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't want an all singing all dancing Living For Love type performance. 

I want theatricality, sure, but something like the "FROZEN" performances from the Ray of Light era but with more theatrics. And of course living singing is a must - that is one thing she should not compromise on. 

Musicality, theatricality. Perhaps a big power ballad with some lovely Portuguese flourishes and  as I suggested earlier, I think it would be a wonderful gesture if she is joined on stage by Israeli and Palestinian dancers / musicians. 

2 minutes ago, Suedey said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't want an all singing all dancing Living For Love type performance. 

I want theatricality, sure, but something like the "FROZEN" performances from the Ray of Light era. 

Musicality, theatricality. Perhaps a big power ballad with some lovely Portuguese flourishes and  as I suggested earlier, I think it would be a wonderful gesture if she is joined on stage by Israeli and Palestinian dancers / musicians. 

This! Me too. The more theatrical, the better. 

The Beautiful Game performance from the Met Gala is the sort of thing I'm after. Theatrical but not your typical choreography and all that stuff. 

Can you imagine that performance on a grand scale? I mean she could come up with that on the stairs of a museum. Imagine what she can and will do with a proper stage !! 

Madonna please come back and save us all. 

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

So far I think only Justin Timberlake has ever performed there? tbqh for years and years I wondered why artists didn't go there to promote their singles, because the audience is so incredibly segmented! If you want to reach the gays following divas, it is your place! 

Several internationally recognized artists have performed as interval acts during the show - but Justin Timberlake remains the only interval act that wasn't a citizen or resident of the host country.

These are the interval acts from some of the most recent Eurovision finals:

26 minutes ago, Suedey said:

The Beautiful Game performance from the Met Gala is the sort of thing I'm after. Theatrical but not your typical choreography and all that stuff. 

Can you imagine that performance on a grand scale? I mean she could come up with that on the stairs of a museum. Imagine what she can and will do with a proper stage !! 

Madonna please come back and save us all. 

U mean LAP perf on MET?

BG lasted 5 sec.