Madonna reportedly to ink deal to perform at ESC 2019!

Well it would certainly be the best promo over any awards show. People actually watch it.

......also with it being in Israel I could imagine M making some kind of (eg Forbidden Love) statement performance.....could go down really badly though 😬

7 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

didn't she open the MDNA Tour in Israel? Anyway, this would be perfect for her...The most watched TV show in the World to remind everybody that the Queen is back!

Yep but this boycott against Israel started in mid/late 2017.

I'm here for it. ESC is the place for an extravagant total over the top kinky high production performance, I’d absolutely love to see her come back with a Bang! This is basically like SB Half Time reduced to 4 mins (if done right).

I usually don’t watch ESC cuz it just big cringe fest but if M performs there I definitely watch also that wouybe best promo since super bowl, especially for Europe audience 

I’m thrilled about this hold it’s true! I donno what “backlash” some of you are afraid of! M and Israel are meant to be!! Esther is back bitches! 

13 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I’m thrilled about this hold it’s true! I donno what “backlash” some of you are afraid of! M and Israel are meant to be!! Esther is back bitches! 

I know she wasnt ready but ESC in lisbon was perfect for her too

14 minutes ago, Miphiwart said:

I know she wasnt ready but ESC in lisbon was perfect for her too

It was not. They had a magical performance by LEGEND Caetano Veloso and it was a celebration of Portuguese culture. Madonna had nothing to do there. 

20 minutes ago, karbatal said:

It was not. They had a magical performance by LEGEND Caetano Veloso and it was a celebration of Portuguese culture. Madonna had nothing to do there. 

Well, technically she has 0 to do with Jewish culture too (apart from eventually "Isaac" and Oseary :)). I really want her to perform on ESC, but I don't want her to get criticized for something like getting behind the Jews on the expense of the Palestinians. A performance ala Forbidden Love on Confessions Tour could be great on ESC though.

Madonna has a target on her back and will be heavily criticized no matter what she does with the album. I already see the SJWs whining that she’s committing cultural appropriation by making a Portuguese inspired album. She should do whatever she damn well pleases.

48 minutes ago, elijah said:

Well, technically she has 0 to do with Jewish culture too (apart from eventually "Isaac" and Oseary 🙂). I really want her to perform on ESC, but I don't want her to get criticized for something like getting behind the Jews on the expense of the Palestinians. A performance ala Forbidden Love on Confessions Tour could be great on ESC though.

What I mean is that it depends if the country wants to make the interlude as an homage of their culture. For example when it's hosted in countries like Sweden or Germany the interlude is entertainment. In Portugal was 100% promotion of their culture.

I can see her inviting Palestinian and Israeli musicians on stage to maybe perform together, showcasing their talents, thus making a political statement, plus getting exposure and promo for the new album, a Hole in one...

5 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I can see her inviting Palestinian and Israeli musicians on stage to maybe perform together, showcasing their talents, thus making a political statement, plus getting exposure and promo for the new album, a Hole in one...

Maybe, but I think the producers are very strict about what can and cant happen, so any statement she wanted to make would be vetted beforehand.

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Maybe, but I think the producers are very strict about what can and cant happen, so any statement she wanted to make would be vetted beforehand.

I meant the performance itself could be seen as a statement, by making music together. Not including a speech or waving flags or something the like. 

32 minutes ago, TearsInHeaven said:

if Madonna will indeed perform there, then ESC will become a regular platform for big artists to promote their new material. Others will follow up.

She folows Justin Timberlake in 2016. Last year was a full major lusophone artsits instead.

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

What I mean is that it depends if the country wants to make the interlude as an homage of their culture. For example when it's hosted in countries like Sweden or Germany the interlude is entertainment. In Portugal was 100% promotion of their culture.

Oh, I see. Well, here, it will all depend on what ESC in Israel want to show too. Because they have such an interesting Jewish culture.