New album thread - queen teases on Insta stories

39 minutes ago, TearsInHeaven said:

i wonder which tracks are being considered as singles

I was thinking the same.

I think Madonna & Mirwais will want a thumping dance track to be the lead single.

Im here for Music version 2 2019!!!!

There is no way this was done by mistake. Shes a marketing genius! She knows we would be eating this up, creating buzz for the new album. Madonna is a perfectionist! I find it difficult to believe this board was filmed by accident. Watch none of these song titles be real lol. She's trolling us guys! 

1 hour ago, Ray Finkle said:

Batuka is fitness dance like Zumba

Funaná is a musical genre from Cape Verde

Faz Gostar means something like "enjoy doing" in Portuguese

Wow, thanks. Very interesting! 

36 minutes ago, JayMac said:

There is no way this was done by mistake. Shes a marketing genius! She knows we would be eating this up, creating buzz for the new album. Madonna is a perfectionist! I find it difficult to believe this board was filmed by accident. Watch none of these song titles be real lol. She's trolling us guys! 

After everything Madonna has done the past 10 years I fully believe it was an accident. Instagram has made her a lot more relaxed. 

I like the ballerina aspects given of course that we had some ballerina themes at the Met Gala performance of BEAUTIFUL GAME

So yeah

Dark Ballet Tour 2019 with opening song Perra Soy Madonna please

12 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

The title "Dark Ballet" makes me think about the "Black Swan" movie.

That's what it made me think of too

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

Yes, she knew what she was doing, and the fanbase has responded accordingly. Such a tease. 😘

I can't take anymore!!! 😭 I'm so thirsty for this album now!! It's starting to get good now.....the pieces are coming together. We're already pushing mid-November, we already know from now til the new year is going to fly by. Behold she's coming #soon!!!

Btw, y'all have done some amazing detective work. This isn't unlike RH when she was putting song titles as hashtags. Dark Ballet sounds like the title of a song that would be all instrumental. How would we feel about an all instrumental track on the album?? Maybe a prelude type thing to the next song.

5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I can't take anymore!!! 😭 I'm so thirsty for this album now!! It's starting to get good now.....the pieces are coming together. We're already pushing mid-November, we already know from now til the new year is going to fly by. Behold she's coming #soon!!!

Btw, y'all have done some amazing detective work. This isn't unlike RH when she was putting song titles as hashtags. Dark Ballet sounds like the title of a song that would be all instrumental. How would we feel about an all instrumental track on the album?? Maybe a prelude type thing to the next song.

I would love that!! 

24 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

19 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I would love that!! 

As long as there’s a visual for it, then I’m fine with it!

That title reminds me of how Kanye used a ballerina in the “Runaway” music video, which was much discussed at the time of its release. For Madonna, the ballet connection is so organic and natural — makes perfect sense. Yes, it also sounds very “Black Swan.” But who knows — maybe it’ll even be related to the MGM ballet bio-pic she is supposed to direct. Possibilities are many at this point.

17 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I would love that!! 

Me too! Maybe placed mid-album, lots of beat and tempo changes, bridging the first half and second half of the album together......of course this would have to be a cohesive, thematic album that sort of tells a story. 

4 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

After everything Madonna has done the past 10 years I fully believe it was an accident. Instagram has made her a lot more relaxed. 

Most likely, not all of those words are titles (or complete titles) The last board said things like GAYL and IDGA.  Some of the terminology may be descriptors of the music style rather than the actual title.  

Edited by sul8323

13 minutes ago, peter said:

As long as there’s a visual for it, then I’m fine with it!

That title reminds me of how Kanye used a ballerina in the “Runaway” music video, which was much discussed at the time of its release. For Madonna, the ballet connection is so organic and natural — makes perfect sense. Yes, it also sounds very “Black Swan.” But who knows — maybe it’ll even be related to the MGM ballet bio-pic she is supposed to direct. Possibilities are many at this point.

Good call out peter! I didn't even think about that but you're right, it could very well be related to the film or at least inspired by that story.

It's always been a dream of mine for her to do an all visual album where the videos sort of bleed together telling a story......yet they could also be watched separately and be effective. I feel like an instrumental track would work really well in that sort of context. Imagine if the HU/Sorry "stories" had been more fully realized, COADF would've been perfect as a visual album!!

6 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Good call out peter! I didn't even think about that but you're right, it could very well be related to the film or at least inspired by that story.

It's always been a dream of mine for her to do an all visual album where the videos sort of bleed together telling a story......yet they could also be watched separately and be effective. I feel like an instrumental track would work really well in that sort of context. Imagine if the HU/Sorry "stories" had been more fully realized, COADF would've been perfect as a visual album!!

I’m (still) dreaming that same dream, @Kurt420!! I would also love a full visual album (that would work as a whole and separately). I suppose now, at this point in her career, it’s more likely to be different than I would have imagined earlier in her career. (Yes, COADF would have been awesome — and she frequently was filmed by Klein while doing the still photos — or the still photos could be sequenced to simulate motion... there were so many awesome photo set-ups for COADF promo — like those red dresses referencing Tommy, right? The sequin Acid Queen one, and the other white room one... Just to name two! They found life in the CT backdrops, too, but some of them - like for Get Together - were used in such a kaleidoscopic way that you’d barely know they were her most of the time...) Anyway, my point was, she might be more likely to direct some of a visual album now, than starring in the whole thing. Which ... I guess I might be ok with. She has good aesthetic instincts. W.E. is beautiful— she knows to work with a good cinematographer. But, of course, I always prefer to see HER on screen.

Also, back to “Dark Ballet,” it makes me think of the Red Shoes (1948) film, too... Remember when she posted on Instagram a long while back photos of her visiting a ballet company in NYC? Not sure what that was for or about, but ... definitely here for some classical choreography from M. Gives me the tingles of the Martha Graham shoot and the Rain video choreo/movement. 

6 hours ago, Ray Finkle said:

Batuka is fitness dance like Zumba

Funaná is a musical genre from Cape Verde

Faz Gostar means something like "enjoy doing" in Portuguese

Actually, faz gostar means makes me like it. There’s an ellipsis there - the whole thing should read “me faz gostar” 

25 minutes ago, peter said:

I’m (still) dreaming that same dream, @Kurt420!! I would also love a full visual album (that would work as a whole and separately). I suppose now, at this point in her career, it’s more likely to be different than I would have imagined earlier in her career. (Yes, COADF would have been awesome — and she frequently was filmed by Klein while doing the still photos — or the still photos could be sequenced to simulate motion... there were so many awesome photo set-ups for COADF promo — like those red dresses referencing Tommy, right? The sequin Acid Queen one, and the other white room one... Just to name two! They found life in the CT backdrops, too, but some of them - like for Get Together - were used in such a kaleidoscopic way that you’d barely know they were her most of the time...) Anyway, my point was, she might be more likely to direct some of a visual album now, than starring in the whole thing. Which ... I guess I might be ok with. She has good aesthetic instincts. W.E. is beautiful— she knows to work with a good cinematographer. But, of course, I always prefer to see HER on screen.

Also, back to “Dark Ballet,” it makes me think of the Red Shoes (1948) film, too... Remember when she posted on Instagram a long while back photos of her visiting a ballet company in NYC? Not sure what that was for or about, but ... definitely here for some classical choreography from M. Gives me the tingles of the Martha Graham shoot and the Rain video choreo/movement. 

Oh that would be a dream to see her do some classical, Martha Graham inspired ballet.....bring it all full circle. I'm so here for that! Perhaps make more classical styles of dancing the focal point on tour instead of the usual choreography from recent years (I don't mean that in any dismissive sort of way at all btw).

Never considered her directing a visual album but I don't hate the idea at all. She does indeed have great taste so that could actually be very interesting but yes, like you, I much prefer to see her in all her glory! "Dark Ballet" just conjures up so many images and possibilities for me, really like the title. 

Re: Confessions....Yes! From the album photo shoot and it's outtakes to the "Tommy" inspired shoot, Klein and the "Madonna Rides Again" shoot.....soooo many amazing visuals. Now put those together in some way and what a visual/audio feast it would be. Oddly enough, to me the weakest visuals of the Confessions era were the videos themselves....not that they were bad by any means but I feel like the best, most creative ideas seemed to go into the different shoots.

To reel it back in though, I just don't know what to expect with this album....and I kinda love that! Magic? Ballet? Witch theme? Or maybe a lighter direction more inspired by her life in Portugal? 

1 hour ago, peter said:

Here they are. Madonna and Arianne are following them 

On 11/9/2018 at 11:47 PM, AlanLongoria said:

Medellin....that only means one thing.

madonna_maluma_vma_2018_0.jpg

Prepare for Madonna’s return to the charts. Medellin will be an internationally streamed blockbuster. I’m predicting another career peak,