Jump to content

Trump / US politics thread 🚽


Junior
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Chris_Tanasoff said:

Keep living in my bubble of being formally educated on US politics and constitutional law, that Bubble? While you, who apparently has all the answers can't even name the criminal statute she should be held under. lol nice. 

The FBI recognised that she was careless with her emails. She also recognised she was careless with her emails. It's not a secret buddy but being careless doesn't = an indictment. The criminal statute is clear. 

So far into right wing politics? LOL the democratic policy platform was the most progressive in history. IN HISTORY and you have the audacity to say we're into "right wing" politics. Hillary is a centrist? Really? her voting record is 93 percent identical with Bernie Sanders, you know that, right? 

You don't know what you're talking about and that's beyond obvious to anyone with half a brain. 

 

Madonnasuperfan01 cited facts and expressed those facts very eloquently

Do some research on Project For A New American Century, a neocon late 90s document. Both right and left wing admins have been very busy implementing its goals

It doesn't take much to see that all over the world left and right wing policies have started to look all incredibly samey. Which is what gave rise to so much populism in the first place.

And that doesn't mean condoning it but certainly it explains its origins.

 

Policy Coup:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, XXL said:

 

Madonnasuperfan01 cited facts and expressed those facts very eloquently

Do some research on Project For A New American Century, a neocon late 90s document. Both right and left wing admins have been very busy implementing its goals

It doesn't take much to see that all over the world left and right wing policies have started to look all incredibly samey. Which is what gave rise to so much populism in the first place.

And that doesn't mean condoning it but certainly it explains its origins.

 

Policy Coup:

No, There were no "facts" whatsoever. I'm not sure what you think a fact is, but saying things like "Hillary should be indicted" when the criminal statute says something completely different isn't a fact and will never be a fact. The entire premise of his/her argument is based in supposition. I'm open to hearing it though, tell me what you think he/she said that was factual?

You're also completely wrong, all over the world left and right policies do not look similar. For instance the democratic policy platform is completely different to the GOP policy platform. The dem's want a number of things that are actually considered far left. It's perception that has changed. People that don't know what they're talking about and have only just become engaged in politics are on the rise and that's the cause.  

Edited by Chris_Tanasoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:39 AM, GOD said:

 

 

In my opinion, she was purely the wrong candidate that the DNC tried to push and failed. I blame her and the DNC. And they wouldn't move forward if they don't own it and admit the real reasons of their loss.

You have to be that bad of a choice to lose to Trump. 

 

This

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I hearing that right and left are now one and the same? Go tell that to a conservative or a liberal and see what they think hahah..Please... no wonder we have Trump and Brexit. The ignorance is alive and kicking and is eating us all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, XXL said:

 

This

How on earth is that a fact? it's an opinion the user even said "In my opinion"

She also wasn't the wrong candidate. That's an ignorant suggestion to make. The oppo on Bernie was devastating. If you think he would have won the general (after losing the nomination) you're sadly mistaken. He never face a single attack organised by the GOP, you wanna know what they would have done to dear old Bernie? 

- They would have hammered the rape essay the man wrote when he was 30 explaining women fantasise about rape. They don't care it was meant as a "joke" imagine his words superimposed over his face in an attack add. 
- They would have Hammered him for that time he went to the Soviet union and praised the USSR. 
- They would have hammered him for that time he praised communism as culturally superior
- They would have hammered him for going to Cuba to seek a meeting with Fidel Castro.
- They already had a video of him saying "f**k yankees" ready to go. 
- They would have hammered his wife for bankrupting a school and for accidentally poisoning native American's with nuclear waste. 

All of the polling done that suggests Bernie Sanders was ahead of Clinton on a general against trump were *hypothetical* polls. The moment an attack ran on Bernie with the term "socialism" included he dropped 18 percentage points. 

So no, the comment you quoted wasn't a fact. It was an opinion. I'm sorry but it also wasn't eloquent, it was born from a lack of education. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Am I hearing that right and left are now one and the same? Go tell that to a conservative or a liberal and see what they think hahah..Please... no wonder we have Trump and Brexit. The ignorance is alive and kicking and is eating us all. 

Yes they are increasingly implementing the same policies. On several issues. The first being the banking crisis scam and the deliberate destruction of the middle classes. See Obama appointing a whole cabinet of Goldman Sachs people in the wake of the worst financial disaster since 1929. Basically the same Goldman etc that caused it in the first place. And it's happening all over the world. Not just in the US

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, XXL said:

Yes they are increasingly implementing the same policies. On several issues. The first being the banking crisis scam and the deliberate destruction of the middle classes. See Obama appointing a whole cabinet of Goldman Sachs people in the wake of the worst financial disaster since 1929. And it's happening all over the world. Not just in the US

Obama placed the toughest sanctions on wall street, that they have ever seen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, XXL said:

Yes they are increasingly implementing the same policies. On several issues. The first being the banking crisis scam and the deliberate destruction of the middle classes. See Obama appointing a whole cabinet of Goldman Sachs people in the wake of the worst financial disaster since 1929. Basically the same Goldman etc that caused it in the first place. And it's happening all over the world. Not just in the US

But of course in terms of policies they kind of have to go hand in hand on various topics but in terms of ideologies I think they still remain pretty much very different from each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, XXL said:

Yes they are increasingly implementing the same policies. On several issues. The first being the banking crisis scam and the deliberate destruction of the middle classes. See Obama appointing a whole cabinet of Goldman Sachs people in the wake of the worst financial disaster since 1929. Basically the same Goldman etc that caused it in the first place. And it's happening all over the world. Not just in the US

In addition to Obama placing the toughest restrictions on wall street ever:

The middle class has had their fastest income growth on record, ever, in 2016 under Obama. So what are you talking about "deliberate destruction"

Here's the thing. Obama appointing someone that worked for goldman saches doesn't = Helping the bankers. You're choosing to connect dots that aren't there.
Fixing the middle class doesn't occur instantly. It takes time. No matter who is in the white house, the middle class won't wake up one morning and suddenly have improved. We will both be dead before there is tangible improvement. 

Edited by Chris_Tanasoff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest CzarnaWisnia
10 hours ago, Chris_Tanasoff said:

Obama placed the toughest sanctions on wall street, that they have ever seen. 

according to whom?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

 

 

But there's not a chance he's in this just to stroke his ego is there?

He could give a flying fuck about making America great again. This is just yet another platform for him to STROKE that big, massive, throbbing ego!!

I mean this with no sarcasm at all, I legitimately feel sorry for the people that he's duped in this little "game" he's playing. I mean, I feel sorry for all of us really that have to endure but particularly the ones that actually have faith and truly believe in him. A rude awakening is coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2016 at 5:54 AM, Chris_Tanasoff said:

How on earth is that a fact? it's an opinion the user even said "In my opinion"

She also wasn't the wrong candidate. That's an ignorant suggestion to make. The oppo on Bernie was devastating. If you think he would have won the general (after losing the nomination) you're sadly mistaken. He never face a single attack organised by the GOP, you wanna know what they would have done to dear old Bernie? 

- They would have hammered the rape essay the man wrote when he was 30 explaining women fantasise about rape. They don't care it was meant as a "joke" imagine his words superimposed over his face in an attack add. 
- They would have Hammered him for that time he went to the Soviet union and praised the USSR. 
- They would have hammered him for that time he praised communism as culturally superior
- They would have hammered him for going to Cuba to seek a meeting with Fidel Castro.
- They already had a video of him saying "f**k yankees" ready to go. 
- They would have hammered his wife for bankrupting a school and for accidentally poisoning native American's with nuclear waste. 

All of the polling done that suggests Bernie Sanders was ahead of Clinton on a general against trump were *hypothetical* polls. The moment an attack ran on Bernie with the term "socialism" included he dropped 18 percentage points. 

So no, the comment you quoted wasn't a fact. It was an opinion. I'm sorry but it also wasn't eloquent, it was born from a lack of education. 

 

IMG_7733.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just stopping in to cleanse this filthy place.......

 

 

 

 

 

ObamaNobel.jpg

 

A TRUE gentleman (and DILF....let's face it, we KNOW he's packin' too ;)) and yeah, he would've won a third term......

Obama approval rating reaches four-year high

With just weeks to go before Barack Obama’s presidency comes to an end, his overall approval rating is the highest it’s been in four years, and public assessments of the nation’s economy have grown more positive.

Fifty-six percent of Americans approve of the overall job Mr. Obama is doing as president – the highest since December 2012, shortlyafter his reelection, while 36 percent disapprove

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-approval-rating-reaches-four-year-high-cbs-news-poll/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just about to post this Pud, thanks!

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/03/ford-canceling-plans-for-16-billion-plant-in-mexico-investing-700-million-in-michigan-expansion-instead.html

Regarding Ford canceling plans for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico..

 Ford (F) CEO Mark Fields said the investment is a "vote of confidence" in the pro-business environment president-elect Donald Trump is creating. However, he stressed Ford did not do any sort of special deal with Trump.

"We didn't cut a deal with Trump. We did it for our business," Fields told CNN's Poppy Harlow in an exclusive interview Tuesday.

The $700 million investment will go to the Flat Rock, Michigan plant to produce more electric and self-driving cars. Ford believes electric vehicles will outsell gasoline-powered vehicles within the next 15 years.

"I am thrilled that we have been able to secure additional UAW-Ford jobs for American workers," said Jimmy Settles, United Auto Workers vice president.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/news/economy/ford-700-jobs-trump/index.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Pud Whacker
14 minutes ago, Love Spent said:

its fascinating to me that nobody is discussing the changes that are occurring to help the american economy - a direct result of the president elect.  theyre too stuck in their social media weird shit about the 'possibilities' of what trump might do that could be horrific - as shaped by the likes of cher, lena dumphole and to a much lesser extent, madonna.  madonna came in the last five minutes while wearing Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman braids and a horrid cat sweater riding around her ATV in The Hamptons whispering "Hillary".  :rotfl:

this is the problem with celebrity culture as it infiltrates common folk in above average society.  when i was growing up, entertainment, if lucky, got the tail end of the news show - maybe 5 minutes.  today, hard news gets the last 5 minutes with celebrity culture desensitizing the masses like a drug with 85% of the programming.

everyone fancies themselves cultural messiahs that are going to save the world one Instagram post or tweet at a time.  more often than not regarding someones sexuality or skin color.  which nobody cares about.

people need to pay mortgages and feed their families. 

that used to be The Promise of the democrat party.  somewhere they lost the plot, i suppose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:thumbsup: Pud!

Madonna whispering ' Hillary' at the end. Damn it, I almost peed myself with laughter!

I have to admit, I had to look up your Mary Hartman reference. :rotfl:

People will spin it as bad news anyway. It can't be helped I'm afraid.  Some people who want trump to fail even if it means America failing. They want the house to burn down while they are still in it.

Great news for Michigan!!! @Sloane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pud Whacker said:

its fascinating to me that nobody is discussing the changes that are occurring to help the american economy - a direct result of the president elect.  theyre too stuck in their social media weird shit about the 'possibilities' of what trump might do that could be horrific - as shaped by the likes of cher, lena dumphole and to a much lesser extent, madonna.  madonna came in the last five minutes while wearing Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman braids and a horrid cat sweater riding around her ATV in The Hamptons whispering "Hillary".  :rotfl:

Sorry, I agree with you on almost everything, but I have talked about this extensively and the president elect hasn't done anything. If you think handing out millions of dollars in tax money to companies as a way to keep a few crappy jobs from being sent to Mexico to factories that already exist is the problem then you're ridiculous and I can't wait to shove your misinformed optimism down your throat in a year or two.

Get ready for another recession, which is the usual outcome of crony capitalism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Pud Whacker
3 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

Sorry, I agree with you on almost everything, but I have talked about this extensively and the president elect hasn't done anything. If you think handing out millions of dollars in tax money to companies as a way to keep a few crappy jobs from being sent to Mexico to factories that already exist is the problem then you're ridiculous and I can't wait to shove your misinformed optimism down your throat in a year or two.

Get ready for another recession, which is the usual outcome of crony capitalism.

No No No No No. Im not defending Trump. He's not even in office yet. Im interested in people willing him to fail. To build that wall or send immigrants back. It's almost as though they want it! It's the coin flip of people saying nobody let the great work that Obama 'could have done' actually get done.  

Nobody reports on any good that MIGHT come from him ECONOMICALLY for America. Great Emphasis on MIGHT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pud Whacker said:

No No No No No. Im not defending Trump. He's not even in office yet. Im interested in people willing him to fail. To build that wall or send immigrants back. It's almost as though they want it! It's the coin flip of people saying nobody let the great work that Obama 'could have done' actually get done.  

Nobody reports on any good that MIGHT come from him ECONOMICALLY for America. Great Emphasis on MIGHT. 

That's the thing, Pud. If his cabinet is any indication if what's to come, it's basically crony capitalism, deregulation and all the mess that got us into the great recession. 

But yes, I totally get you. It's almost as if they WANT him to fail and they WANT horrible things to happen just to say I TOLD YOU SO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:


But yes, I totally get you. It's almost as if they WANT him to fail and they WANT horrible things to happen just to say I TOLD YOU SO. 

JUST to say I told you so? I'm sorry, this is in a way character assassination and I beg to differ. Let's discuss the scenario quickly. There are people out there that say (and you are one of them) that his cabinet members and their policies in regards to the economy suggest that the country will be once again driven against a wall. If those suggestions become true what are those people supposed to say except for I told you so. Are they supposed to keep quiet? This has nothing to do with ill intent. And frankly, the idea that people want Trump to fail is just another propaganda move by Trump supporters to paint a bad picture of those people who dare to analyze what might happen and may have some critical things to say. Even if this criticism is based on past data and statistics which are free of emotion. The Trump supporters bring in the emotions. They have closed their minds for a serious discussion about the possible threats of Trumps economic policies. It's a "it cannot be what is not supposed to be" situation. And if those people don't want to know, don't want to listen, what's left? They may need to feel for themselves at some point to open up a discussion again. To suggest that people who oppose Trumps policies wish a negative experience upon Trump supporters is way unfair and a tad to generalizing.

And to believe that Trump may be the reason that Ford is investing in Michigan. Seriously? There are so many reasons that could have influenced the decision. One was mentioned. The intention to build electric vehicles and therefore more environmentally friendly cars. And environmentally friendly is rather the opposite of what Trumps policies and some of his cabinet members stand for. I would like to believe that building electric cars is something that is not considered a funding worthy cause when your ministers in key positions are heavily tied to fossil fuel industries. Furthermore, what kind of jobs will that be? Those will be almost exclusively in development and research. So, those jobs will not help to get all these unskilled workers employed. The very people that pushed Trump over the victory line and who will be disappointed very quickly. Trump promised to bring the jobs back. But he failed to mention that most jobs were lost to automatisation, they went not to China or Mexico and therefore cannot be brought back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...