2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

Has been anyone watching? The woman can give a speech and fire people up. I don't see the complacency people are talking about. And what a difference compared to the speeches, well rants, by Donald Trump who cannot form three coherent sentences. And he is just reading the teleprompter. Is she as good like Michelle? No. When she speaks that is almost a sermon. But this is outstanding and only a handful politicians have this kind of gift. To hold Hillary up to this standard, although we know it's not one of her fortes, is kind of unfair. There are many many other things Hillary is outstanding at. People tend to forget.

7 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

It absolutely is real. It was a quote from when he was on Oprah I believe. There's even audio of it somewhere. 

It's NOT real. Ugh, you guys are all smart but don't just read a meme and consider it to be fact. That's why 90% of the world is retarded today (this 90% is just me being sarcastic, it's not a fact, just in case anyone wants to quote this as fact). Several members here do that all the time. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/trump-fake-quote-people-magazine?utm_term=.en9XklARbN#.edBR3EDevb

No, Trump Never Told People Magazine That Republicans Are “The Dumbest” Voters

It’s a big fat fake.

With Donald Trump now the official Republican presidential nominee, this meme about how he called his party’s members “the dumbest group of voters in the country” is making the rounds again. It’s a fake.

sub-buzz-4402-1469115618-1.jpg?resize=62

The fake quote has been floating around the internet since about the time Trump announced his presidential bid in 2015. It has been widely shared on Twitter and Facebook by people eager to expose the businessman-turned-politician as a hypocrite for seeking the nomination of a party he once, allegedly, mocked.

“If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican,” the fake quote reads. “They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific.”

It’s attributed to an interview he supposedly did with People magazine in 1998. But People’s online archives, going back several decades, don’t include an interview with Trump from that year.

Numerous outlets have already debunked the fake Trump quote, including Snopes, Gawker, and FactCheck.org. But the further Trump gets in the presidential race, the more resilient this meme seems to become.

28 minutes ago, ULIZOS said:

It's NOT real. Ugh, you guys are all smart but don't just read a meme and consider it to be fact. That's why 90% of the world is retarded today (this 90% is just me being sarcastic, it's not a fact, just in case anyone wants to quote this as fact). Several members here do that all the time. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/trump-fake-quote-people-magazine?utm_term=.en9XklARbN#.edBR3EDevb

No, Trump Never Told People Magazine That Republicans Are “The Dumbest” Voters

It’s a big fat fake.

With Donald Trump now the official Republican presidential nominee, this meme about how he called his party’s members “the dumbest group of voters in the country” is making the rounds again. It’s a fake.

sub-buzz-4402-1469115618-1.jpg?resize=62

The fake quote has been floating around the internet since about the time Trump announced his presidential bid in 2015. It has been widely shared on Twitter and Facebook by people eager to expose the businessman-turned-politician as a hypocrite for seeking the nomination of a party he once, allegedly, mocked.

“If I were to run, I’d run as a Republican,” the fake quote reads. “They’re the dumbest group of voters in the country. They believe anything on Fox News. I could lie and they’d still eat it up. I bet my numbers would be terrific.”

It’s attributed to an interview he supposedly did with People magazine in 1998. But People’s online archives, going back several decades, don’t include an interview with Trump from that year.

Numerous outlets have already debunked the fake Trump quote, including Snopes, Gawker, and FactCheck.org. But the further Trump gets in the presidential race, the more resilient this meme seems to become.

My bad. I swear to GOD I heard this in an interview. Shame on me....  I don't usually fall for this shit. 

BUT, it's not far off from reality, is it? 

Yikes she's starting to slowly trend down on the 538 little by little. May simply be the Rethugs 'coming home' which is normal but this shit almost always happens when the spotlight is off Trump in any way and on her. Getting really late so the media better scoop up some more impactful sleazy shit on Trump asap. Early voting is basically in full effect! Today was an awful news day for the Clintons. 'Obviously' Wikileaks is saving the worst for the last. How don't the Dems know this :/ They need Michelle on the trail many x next week.

^^^ I'm worried about your health. Please calm down a little. All of your last posts are very much panic attacks. And "today was a bad day for the Clintons"? Seriously? I have read articles about the Wikileaks information of today. And as always, nothing illegal is in it. Of course, people will spin the content the way that it seems to imply a wrongdoing. And as always people will make their conspiracy theories. I have said it many times before, a serious line has been crossed during this election cycle, the term "proven guilty" is irrelevant, now it's all "guilty by suspicion". Of course, all of this only applies to Clinton. When it comes to Trump, facts don't matter. He can betray, he can lie and no one cares. He said it himself, he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue (or was it Park Avenue) and shoot someone, he would get away with it.

2 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

^^^ I'm worried about your health. Please calm down a little. All of your last posts are very much panic attacks. And "today was a bad day for the Clintons"? Seriously? I have read articles about the Wikileaks information of today. And as always, nothing illegal is in it. Of course, people will spin the content the way that it seems to imply a wrongdoing. And as always people will make their conspiracy theories. I have said it many times before, a serious line has been crossed during this election cycle, the term "proven guilty" is irrelevant, now it's all "guilty by suspicion". Of course, all of this only applies to Clinton. When it comes to Trump, facts don't matter. He can betray, he can lie and no one cares. He said it himself, he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue (or was it Park Avenue) and shoot someone, he would get away with it.

lol no need the worry boo..promise ;P! Just want this shit over already like a LOT of people.  

2 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

^^^ That orange/brown is not the most flattering colour. A little grandma-ish. She looks great in white and she was wearing a very red costume for some event and in that she looked amazing. I also think she should let her hair grow or have extensions. Shoulder long.

:lmao:U nailed it! I ESP agree she really, really needs to let her hair grow again. At least bob-ish length or whatever. Awful butch granny hair cut :# lol

This is going to sound sexist and wrong since she isn't running to be the President of fashion but she does need a good stylist.

I thought she looked great and more "hip" the other day when I kept seeing waist up shots from some rally where she was wearing this...  MUCH better than the grandma sweaters.

a-clinton-NY-30_0.png

23 minutes ago, Skin said:

This is going to sound sexist and wrong since she isn't running to be the President of fashion but she does need a good stylist.

I thought she looked great and more "hip" the other day when I kept seeing waist up shots from some rally where she was wearing this...  MUCH better than the grandma sweaters.

a-clinton-NY-30_0.png

It is sexist and totally irrelevant.

These comments on her appearance simply give creedance to the point I made regarding the blatant sexism surrounding her campaign. 

Hillary looks fabulous for a 69 year old woman. She looks like a NORMAL 69 year old woman. And she lookedincredible for every single debate as well. 

Get off it. She's not going to suddenly wear or be anything different   

Glad that people are focusing on what really matters. :bad: FFS!!

Anyway, I thought both her and Michelle did great with their speeches today. Their mutual appreciation and their affinity was very clear.

So far, early voting looks like good news for Hillary Clinton

Updated by 

Early voting numbers are rolling in, and campaigns are claiming their early voting victories.

Clinton looks like she is up in Virginia and North Carolina — on track to have higher numbers than President Barack Obama did in 2012. Iowa and Ohio look better for Donald Trump than they did for Mitt Romney, and voting registration has evened out between parties in Florida, a state where absentee voting has typically swayed Republicans. Looking at the numbers in swing states, things are looking up for the Clinton campaign; CNN reported that Clinton’s numbers in Arizona — which are also better than Obama’s in 2012 — might bring the typically red state into play as well.

University of Florida voter turnout expert Michael McDonald concluded for the Huffington Post that early voting results seem to be consistent with what polling has been telling us so far: Clinton has a slight edge in Florida and North Carolina, and has a bit of a sore spot in Iowa, where Trump is currently leading by 3.7 points, according to the RealClearPolitics average.

In other words, “despite weakness for Clinton in the Midwest, Clinton looks well-positioned in other states Trump still needs for an Electoral College victory,” McDonald writes.

These are good signs for Hillary Clinton: Early voting is beginning to reflect her lead in the polls. But it’s important to remember not to read too much into early voting numbers; they give an incomplete, and at times misleading, picture of the election. They are, however, a good judge of voters’ eagerness and decidedness, which can be a source of encouragement — or discouragement — for campaigns.

Early voting is a good measure of enthusiasm

Early voting is usually a good measure of enthusiasm; lots of early voters means lots of decided voters.

Democratic early voting surged in North Carolina after the in-person voting period opened on October 20. Democrats led Republicans by more than 13 percentage points by the end of October 23, which could indicate that “there may be some lack of enthusiasm in North Carolina for the Republican ticket,” according to Paul Gronke, the director of Reed College’s Early Voting Information Center. However, Gronke says at this point the differences in actual ballots are “marginal.”

While Republicans still have a slight edge in voting registration in Florida (42 percent to Democrats’ 40 percent), it is a very preliminary indication that Florida may not be seeing the new Republican voters the Trump camp might have hoped for. It’s “a good sign for Clinton in a state that was extremely close in 2012,” Barry Burden, an early voting expert and political scientist with the University of Wisconsin Madison said. (Especially as it becomes increasingly apparent that the Trump campaign did not push mail-in ballots with the Republican electorate.) Currently, Florida Republicans lead Democrats in returned mail-in ballots at a much smaller margin than in 2012.

And while there doesn’t seem to be much enthusiasm for either candidate this year, there is some speculation that people voting against the opposing candidate rather than affirmatively voting fortheir candidate might bring people to the polls.

When the early voting periods were about to open, McDonald told CNBC he was watching the Hispanic and rural white vote. "There is speculation that Trump's rhetoric could entice Hispanics to vote against him, and there is some evidence in polls that Hispanic voting enthusiasm is running higher than normal," he told CNBC.

The same theory can be applied with other demographics of voters, Gronke said.

"Trump continues to make statements that alienate African-American voters, and he struggles to get beyond 2 percent in some state polls. Under that circumstance, and faced with a well-oiled Democratic [get-out-the-vote] machine, why would African-American voters wait?" Gronke told me in September, noting that Trump also doesn’t seem to have much of an early voter ballot-chasing operation.

"All of this might lead to an early electorate that is even more Democratic and more diverse than in the Obama elections — but all of this is contingent on all kinds of assumptions," Gronke said.

Did people just call me sexist because I said I didn't like that orange/brown blazer on her? And I do not focus on the important things? Me? The person who is preaching to stick to the facts for months.

BTW I hate Madonnas Christmas Tree dress with passion. I don't care if it's Dior or something, it's ridiculous. :nervous:

1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Did people just call me sexist because I said I didn't like that orange/brown blazer on her? And I do not focus on the important things? Me? The person who is preaching to stick to the facts for months.

BTW I hate Madonnas Christmas Tree dress with passion. I don't care if it's Dior or something, it's ridiculous. :nervous:

I don't think it's sexist to say the orange blazer was ugly. It's just stating the thruth. 

But when some people say she needs a stylist, this is kinda sexist because if she was a man, no one would talk about that. What we expect from women, about their appearence, is always the perfect image.

On the other hand, as I write this, I can't help myself and think about all the bad joke about Trump appearance. :lol: