Now that the dust has settled, where would RH rank in your all time M albums list?

Music

ROL

American Life

Confessions

Erotica

Bedtime Stories

MDNA

Hard Candy

Rebel Heart

Madonna

Like A Prayer

True Blue

Like A Virgin

I'm Breathless

Guest Pud Whacker

Music

ROL

American Life

Confessions

Erotica

Bedtime Stories

MDNA

Hard Candy

Rebel Heart

Madonna

Like A Prayer

True Blue

Like A Virgin

I'm Breathless

EXPELL!!!

:rotfl:

Music

ROL

American Life

Confessions

Erotica

Bedtime Stories

MDNA

Hard Candy

Rebel Heart

Madonna

Like A Prayer

True Blue

Like A Virgin

I'm Breathless

So your ranking is basically Esther > M-dolla > Zeitgeistonna

tumblr_nn2cusZsqy1qlycwjo1_500.gif

Guest PRPapi

Music

ROL

American Life

Confessions

Erotica

Bedtime Stories

MDNA

Hard Candy

Rebel Heart

Madonna

Like A Prayer

True Blue

Like A Virgin

I'm Breathless

WOW...our top three are the same! I've recently changed my ranking, since it's so difficult, but the top three always remains the same for me. However, RH MIGHT overtake AL soon :-/:

1. Music

2. Ray of Light

3. American Life

4. Rebel Heart

5. Erotica

6. MDNA

7. Hard Candy

8. Like a Prayer

9. Confessions on a Dancefloor

10. Madonna

11. True Blue

13. I'm Breathless

14. Like A Virgin

Guest eroticerotic

This felt blasphemous. But there, I did it!

1 Erotica

2 MDNA

3 True Blue

4 Confessions

5 Madonna

6 Like A Prayer

7 I'm Breathless

8 Music

9 Ray Of Light

10 Like A Virgin

11 Rebel Heart

12 Bedtime Stories

13 American Life

14 Hard Candy

Music

Ray of Light

Rebel Heart

Erotica

American Life

Confessions on a Dancefloor

Bedtime Stories

Hard Candy

MDNA

Like a Prayer

True Blue

Like a Virgin

Madonna

I want Mirwais back on the next record. Mirwais, Diplo and Pharrell for the next one please.

Edited by Profane

• 4 weeks later...

Ray of Light

Erotica
Rebel Heart
Confessions on a Dance Floor
Like a Prayer
Bedtime Stories
Music
American Life
Like a Virgin
Madonna
True Blue
MDNA
Hard Candy

Edited by Adriano

13. Like a Virgin

12. Bedtime Stories

11. Erotica

10. Hard Candy

9. MDNA

8. Ray of Light

7. Like a Prayer

6. True Blue

5. Rebel Heart

4. Madonna

3. American Life

2. Music

1. Confessions On a Dancefloor

1. Erotica

2. Confessions On A Dance Floor
3. Rebel Heart
4. Ray of Light
5. Hard Candy
6. Like A Prayer
7. American Life
8. MDNA
9. Music
10. Madonna (s/t)
11. Like A Virgin
12. Bedtime Stories
13. True Blue

thats been my public argument about Hard Candy since 2008.

3rd generation were weaned on anglo madonna. david foster, evita, orbit, price...they didnt know what hit them when timabaland came around. her old r&b tracks were so ancient at this time they became traditional pop.

HOLD ON please... Maybe the majority on Hard Candy was just simply.... shit ?

The music, the lyrics, the vocals. ALMOST EVERYTHING on Hard Candy has a "eh whatever.. this will do" feel to it. It lacks right and left. Like there's no single inspiring note on it. All r&b and hip hop influenced Rebel Heart songs on the other hand work smoothly (with Best Night being my favorite). She's totally present in those songs. Candy Shop never sounded better in the MDNA tour version.

These "fans of a certain age just don't like her urban music" assumptions are pure garbage. It all comes down to the result.

I'm always so shocked at LAV being always so low among Madonnanation members :( it's an album that defined pop music forever , incredibly well crafted and full of hits

But I guess some have to be low... Yes This seems blasfemia to have some albums that I adore so low

LAP

Erotica

True Blue

LAV

Rebel Heart

Madonna

American Life

ROL

Bedtime

Confessions

Music

HC

Mdna

^Not use to seeing ROL so far down anybody's list. :shock:

I loved frozen when it came out. Still do. On the album; TPOG and LS

the rest not so much..

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

RAY OF LIGHT

REBEL HEART

LIKE A PRAYER

MADONNA / THE FIRST ALBUM

TRUE BLUE

EROTICA

MUSIC

BEDTIME STORIES

AMERICAN LIFE

HARD CANDY

MDNA

LIKE A VIRGIN

The verdict: among her best and I do not like "black" music, but I dont feel it is black to be honest. Ok, maybe Iconic and Veni Vidi Vici but those work too well. Especially VVV is sublime!

EROTICA

RAY OF LIGHT

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR

LIKE A PRAYER

MUSIC

MADONNA

AMERICAN LIFE

BEDTIME STORIES

TRUE BLUE

MDNA

REBEL HEART

LIKE A VIRGIN

HARD CANDY

Love them all except I just like HC. RH has many high moments, GT, BIM, RH, JOA, but suffers with too much filler and dross. Her last fabulous Lead single was HU. No surprises that COADF was her last great album.

1. Music
  2. Ray of Light
  3. Like a Prayer

4. Rebel Heart
  5. Erotica
  6. True Blue
  7. Like a Virgin
  8. Madonna
  9. Bedtime Stories

10. Confessions on a Dance Floor

11. American Life
  12. Hard Candy
  13. MDNA

1 - 3: Perfect. They're among my favorite albums of all time. I listen to these albums from beginning to end frequently, and listen to the singles and choice album cuts even more frequently. I have never tired of them and probably never will. I don't expect any other album from Madonna or any other artist to be as good as these three albums are for me.

4 - 9. Excellent. I list to these album fairly often, and listen to the singles and choice album cuts frequently.

The order of which I love these albums changes frequently, depending on my mood. For example, I'd probably put "Bedtime Stories" at or nearer the top of this group if I'd just broken up with someone. I'd put "Madonna" or "LAV" at or nearer the top if I was in a dancing mood.

Right now, "Rebel Heart" seems firmly established at the top of this group of albums. That may change with age, but -- unlike "MDNA" -- I find myself liking this album more, not less, months after its release.

I don't care for some of "Rebel"'s songs at all -- "Iconic," for instance -- but, with 24 tracks to choose from, I created a playlist and cut all the songs that I didn't like and ended up with a 19-track album. That's just phenomenal.

10. OK / Good. "Confessions" is the hardest album for me to rank. It has some very high highs -- songs like "Hung Up," "Get Together," and "Forbidden Love" are simply transcendent and rank among the greatest songs of her career. But much of the album is forgettable -- "How High," "Isaac" -- and is also home to a couple of real stinkers ("I Love New York," "Push.")

11 - 13. Not great. I have listened to these albums from beginning to end very few times since their release and only like a handful of tracks.

"American Life" is a dour mess. I've never liked it, even upon its release. It stands at the top of this grouping of albums for having the most good tracks on it -- "Intervention" is simply wonderful, it's hands-down the best song on any of these three albums and ranks surprisingly high on my all-time favorites list. But other than that, "Easy Ride," "Nobody Knows Me" and "Nothing Fails" are really the only songs on here that I like.

I liked "Hard Candy" for maybe a week after its release, then quickly lost interest. Timbaland dominated the 00s and his stuff sounded tired and played out by the time this album came along. It doesn't help that his work here sounds like his B game -- none of his tracks are as good as what he did on "FutureSex/LoveSounds" or "Loose." Pharrell had some good stuff -- I still love "Heartbeat" -- but he also gave us crap like "Spanish Lesson" and "Incredible."

"MDNA" is just forgettable. Nothing here is truly awful -- well, except for "Gimme All Ur Luvin'" -- but there's nothing here that I care to listen to either.

Guest PRPapi

HOLD ON please... Maybe the majority on Hard Candy was just simply.... shit ?

The music, the lyrics, the vocals. ALMOST EVERYTHING on Hard Candy has a "eh whatever.. this will do" feel to it. It lacks right and left. Like there's no single inspiring note on it. All r&b and hip hop influenced Rebel Heart songs on the other hand work smoothly (with Best Night being my favorite). She's totally present in those songs. Candy Shop never sounded better in the MDNA tour version.

These "fans of a certain age just don't like her urban music" assumptions are pure garbage. It all comes down to the result.

And, that's what's awesome about being able to have our own opinions cuz, for me, Hard Candy is a GREAT album. It may not be in my top 5 M albums of all time, but I still love it and don't see why it gets hated on so much.

I'd never wanna be like those who act like their opinions are facts. So, for me, how you can lump together songs like Beat Goes On, GI2M, She's Not Me, Voices, Miles Away and, especially, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You in the "shit" or "eh whatever...this will do" categories is beyond me. Those are AWESOME songs, full of thought and emotion, that scream pure Madonna - and that's 6 great songs out of 12, meaning half of the album is great. (Sure, Spanish Lesson and Incredible might be considered trash, but she usually has a couple of "stinkers" in every album, so that shouldn't be the determining factor in relegating HC to the bottom of the barrel.)

I went ahead and re-did my list, and have broken up the albums into groups, too, where they're interchangeable among their group - the struggle is real - (I like what you did there, Material Boy!):

1. Music

2. Ray of Light

3. Rebel Heart

4. American Life

5. Erotica

6. Like A Prayer

7. Hard Candy

8. MDNA

9. Confessions on a Dancefloor

10. Bedtime Stories

11. Madonna

12. True Blue

13. I'm Breathless

14. Like A Virgin

And, that's what's awesome about being able to have our own opinions cuz, for me, Hard Candy is a GREAT album. It may not be in my top 5 M albums of all time, but I still love it and don't see why it gets hated on so much.

I'd never wanna be like those who act like their opinions are facts. So, for me, how you can lump together songs like Beat Goes On, GI2M, She's Not Me, Voices, Miles Away and, especially, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You in the "shit" or "eh whatever...this will do" categories is beyond me. Those are AWESOME songs, full of thought and emotion, that scream pure Madonna - and that's 6 great songs out of 12, meaning half of the album is great. (Sure, Spanish Lesson and Incredible might be considered trash, but she usually has a couple of "stinkers" in every album, so that shouldn't be the determining factor in relegating HC to the bottom of the barrel.)

Oh please don't act like I'm that full of myself. I just don't see a point in putting a "in my opinion..." tag to everything I write. This is a forum. Every post is an individual opinion. You can with it what you want.

You should know I'm really glad for everyone that can enjoy this horrible album. It's just that I can't for various reasons and that's the only thing I claim fact. Are we finally done talking about me? Fine.

Because that was not the point of my post.

+1