What oldies are you almost CERTAIN she will perform?

CJM

I require the following

Holiday - cos everyone loves it and I know the hardcore loons are all "she's overdone it" - it's a classic deal with it the crowd will go nuts

Physical Attraction - cos I'm a loon and I love it.

Dress You Up - well she has to now. No bullshit guitar version

Angel - I would die

Into the Groove - see Holiday

Crazy for you - why not

True Blue - Sean Penn in Haiti video screen

Causing a Commotion

Cherish

Rescue me - I'd have to be tended to by the St Johns Ambulance

deeper and Deeper - see above

Take a Bow - enough bollocks about her not wanting to "say goodbye" you aren't going anywhere bitch

You'll See

Music

Hung Up- sort it out woman no headache guitar or distorted Yamaha keyboard filter, it's a disco dance classic deal with it

GAMBLER. - St Johns ambulance to return for me one more time

I'll cut a bitch if she doesn't sing the following tracks;

1. Holiday. I'd love her to open the show with this track,it's an anthem,he roof would be blown off!!!

2. Live To Tell. I'd like a ballads section, mix this with Ghosttown

3. Deeper & Deeper. I dream of a full on gospel makeover, last song before Living For Love.

4. You'll See,another classic ballad,mix this with Joan Of Arc.

5. Music,mix this with the O'Jays classic I Love Music.

It's hard to say, but I have a feeling "Dress you up" will be on the list - since she sang it with Ellen, she may be feeling that song at the moment. Other than that, I have no idea, really, because Rebel Heart has so many tracks on it and I have a feeling she's going to want to include most of them.

As much as I like "Vogue" and "Like a prayer", and would welcome them to any set-list - I'd be ok if she left them off this time (although, during "Holy Water" - they could include "Vogue"). Also, since Sticky & Sweet and MDNA were so album heavy set-list wise, I'd be OK with not having anything from those albums featured on the tour. Come to think of it, so was "Confessions" but I'd be ok if she threw "Hung Up" or "Jump" in there somewhere.

As for the opening song, a classic is always welcome and gets the crowd going, but I would LOVE "Best Night" to open the show - just listening to the lyrics is a great way to start the night and set the tone. On the slower side, but could be great visually and maybe even just half performed and then a fast song for the second track.

There's just so many songs that haven't been performed in a long time and some that never were before (Take a Bow) - I'd just like to see some shocking choices this time around. Shocking, in a good way of course. "Spanish Lesson" need not be repeated!

I would like the following set-list - or something similar:

Best Night

Everybody/Bitch I'm Madonna

Into The Groove

Dress You Up

Living For Love

Who's That Girl

La Isla Bonita

Don't Tell Me

Take a Bow

Deeper and Deeper

S.E.X.

Unapologetic Bitch

Inside Out

Holy Water/Vogue

Bad Girl

Devil Pray

Messiah

Like a Prayer

Music

Jump/Ray of Light

Causing a Commotion

Joan of Arc

Ghosttown

Holiday

Crazy for You and Take a Bow -a MUST

Of course her reinventions of VOGUE are always interesting

Joan of Arc needs to be acoustic and Best Night sounds something she could be really creative and sensual with on stage.

Crazy for You and Take a Bow -a MUST

Of course her reinventions of VOGUE are always interesting

Joan of Arc needs to be acoustic and Best Night sounds something she could be really creative and sensual with on stage.

I'm obsessed with "Best Night" - I actually would like it to open the show! Slow, yes, but it could work.

I expect and want REBEL HEART HEAVY but she will throw in catalog favorites. I think she will pull from her two most rebellious albums.....Erotica and American Life. The A.L. and Erotica songs would meld well with Rebel Heart. Don't Tell Me is pretty rebellious too. She could also throw in some demos. "Two Steps Behind/Queen/Never Let You Go. Time will tell. I am glad that I get to go to the first two shows. Fewer spoilers before then.

Edited by sul8323

I actually agree whole heartedly^^ :) (there might also be a change of La Isla Bonita re-invention beacuase of the Diplo mix thing)

I'm hoping and praying and all that good stuff for maybe Take a Bow, Nothing Matters, Bad Girl, This Used to be my Playground, Bedtime stories, etc. the ones that haven't really gotten proper live treatment

AHHHHH i would Bad Girl

I only want Skin, Causing a Commotion, Bad Girl and Nothing Fails TbH. I don't care if it's DWT all over again and 95% of the setlist is RH as long as she includes those 4 songs.

from MDNA? Beautiful killer!I would love also Falling free.and from the 80s,over and over,physical attraction and who's thst girl,please.though dress you up seams more likely.from the 90s,rescue me,vogue and deeper and deeper.I will also love Rain...

How many old non single tracks has she performed on new tours. Not many. I think the likelihood of performing something like beautiful killer would be very slim.

To fit in with the new album...

SEX section:

Skin (fingers crossed)/Bedtime Story

LVL section

Take a bow

I dont think we will get many more ballads as said earlier

I think we will get EY and deeper and deeper in an uplifting section one way or another.

Maybe there will be an African section, theres an African sound to a few of her new tracks a few oldies could be changed to fit like secret.

If theres a guitar section I pray for over and over but I doubt she remembers it exists.

I pray for over and over but I doubt she remembers it exists.

She wanted to do Physical Attraction for the MDNA tour, so it's not completely out of the question. In fact, the lyrics of "Over and Over" are perfect for this era.

Expect the unexpected.

Guest ziggy

She states in the new Cosmo interview that Like a Prayer is her favourite song to do live. I am choosing to take this as a sign of things to come.

RH gives me so many 90's Madonna vibes.......from Erotica to BS to ROL, so I would love heavy focus on that time of her career......

Vogue (I know we've gotten it a lot in recent years but it's fucking VOGUE, there is always room for it)

Rescue Me

Deeper and Deeper

Secret Garden

Secret

Sanctuary

Bedtime Story

Take A Bow

Skin

Nothing Really Matters

The Power Of Goodbye

I hope some of these make it.

Of her 80's work I'd like to make the set list......

Holiday

Physical Attraction

Angel and/or DYU

CFY

Live To Tell

Who's That Girl and/or CAC

LAP

OF

I would love a focus on lesser known hits and album cuts......I know this probably isn't the time for that type of show though.

^She probably doesn't even remember most of those songs now... :(

Setting aside the fact that she has way too many new songs now to pull out anything from obscurity, you just have to look at her track record to see that she usually ignores the eras between 1990 and 1998. I chalk that up to her not scoring hits left to right outside US/Canada/Japan at that time, none of the songs between TIC and ROL were HUGE worldwide smashes, closest thing to that is Don't Cry For Me Argentina! That said she's done Human Nature on 3 out of 5 tours.

Not to mention that she usually does the first and second singles of an album post-True Blue since those were the most popular. After The Girlie Show she did ONE Erotica song properly on tour, Deeper And Deeper on RIT, then Erotica only used the chorus of the album version on CT (the rest of the song distances itself from the released version), which part was repeated in Candy Shop 2012, plus a bit of Rain was used as an interlude in 2008 and that's it. Deeper And Deeper was omitted from Celebration so it's a safe bet at the moment that Erotica album will be ignored again...

Guest eroticerotic

I feel like...she's in fan mode and we are guaranteed a few of these:

1. Physical Attraction
  2. Angel
  3. Shoo Bee Doo
  4. White Heat
  5. Cherish
  6. Keep It Together
  7. Rescue Me
  8. Thief Of Hearts
  9. Where Life Begins
  10. I'll Remember
  11. Take A Bow
  12. You'll See
  13. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Remix)
  14. I Want You
  15. Nothing Really Matters
  16. Impressive Instant

I have a strong feeling she will perform BORDErLINE this time around.

I would definitely be ok with that! Would love to see a version more in line with the original.

Well, these are songs I so wish she'd revamp, reinvent, and perform them in the epically glorious manner in which only she can do -

1. Holiday (It needs a new proper performance - not a last minute half-assed minute long improv dance b/w speeches or tributing MJ)

2. Everybody (I know many want Borderline and Physical attraction - but remember how amazing she did the Confessions version? Plus, imagine the entire arena chanting "dance and sing get up and do your thing")

3. Dress You Up (After the fab Ellen performance she absolutely must)

4. Into the Groove (Because duh)

5. La Isla Bonita (Diplo-fied and fabulous - not the weird slow-tempo reggae version on soundcloud, but more dancey and fun)

6. Causing a Commotion (It needs tons of love)

7. Keep it Together (Because it's time she takes it up a notch from the BAT performance)

(We know she'll add LAP and Vogue, so not mentioning those)

8. Bad Girl (I know it will never happen, but it's my favorite song from Erotica and I'd shed gaygasmic tears if she did - However, I would be equally happy with Deeper and Deeper)

9. Secret (Come on Madonna - this song is begging to be performed)

10. Frozen (Because it's about time she took ownership of that word back from Disney)

11. Don't Tell Me (It deserves to be dusted off and danced)

12. Hung Up (No guitars - no philosophical trial by fire - just pure guilt free dance)

13. Jump (Yes, we're ready)

13 good songs from the back catalgoue, and add about 10-12 RH songs, and she's got a great tour! :D

Edited by zizibello

• 2 weeks later...

Well, these are songs I so wish she'd revamp, reinvent, and perform them in the epically glorious manner in which only she can do -

1. Holiday (It needs a new proper performance - not a last minute half-assed minute long improv dance b/w speeches or tributing MJ)

2. Everybody (I know many want Borderline and Physical attraction - but remember how amazing she did the Confessions version? Plus, imagine the entire arena chanting "dance and sing get up and do your thing")

3. Dress You Up (After the fab Ellen performance she absolutely must)

4. Into the Groove (Because duh)

5. La Isla Bonita (Diplo-fied and fabulous - not the weird slow-tempo reggae version on soundcloud, but more dancey and fun)

6. Causing a Commotion (It needs tons of love)

7. Keep it Together (Because it's time she takes it up a notch from the BAT performance)

(We know she'll add LAP and Vogue, so not mentioning those)

8. Bad Girl (I know it will never happen, but it's my favorite song from Erotica and I'd shed gaygasmic tears if she did - However, I would be equally happy with Deeper and Deeper)

9. Secret (Come on Madonna - this song is begging to be performed)

10. Frozen (Because it's about time she took ownership of that word back from Disney)

11. Don't Tell Me (It deserves to be dusted off and danced)

12. Hung Up (No guitars - no philosophical trial by fire - just pure guilt free dance)

13. Jump (Yes, we're ready)

13 good songs from the back catalgoue, and add about 10-12 RH songs, and she's got a great tour! :D

I love your list! Add Take a Bow and It would be perfect!

Guest bluejean

For all those saying otherwise. Madonna remembers ALL her songs. She even remembered the first song she ever wrote, Tell The Truth. She may need reminders on how they go but trust if you say the name she'll know it.