Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

It's funny to criticize the demo of Wash all over me as generic when it shits all over the reductive pharell williams tracks many are fond of. :lmao::rotfl:

Take it back, take a day (happy vol2) :rotfl:

Right? I can't stand "Happy" and they keep on playing it to death on the radio.

I find it interesting that the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition, from Best Night through Rebel Heart, are not on a separate disc as were the bonus tracks on MDNA. Is this because Madonna's artistic vision for the album is to end with RH, and not WAOM?

I think Madonna is very particular about her amazing album closers, including Take A Bow, Mer Girl, Gone, Easy Ride, Like It Or Not, and Voices. Falling Free definitely seemed like the proper closer for MDNA, and I wondered if that's why the other tracks were on a separate disc.

Here they will NOT be on a separate disc, so the question remains: is WAOM or RH the song intended to join that list of epic closing cuts? Or both?!

This is just my guess (and correct me if I'm wrong) ... For Rebel Heart, the 'main album' is the 19 track 'explicit' deluxe version, ending with the song Rebel Heart. In this case, the extra tracks (15-19) are NOT 'bonus' tracks, per say, but is simply the continuation of the full album (in its full, explicit form that is probably the way Madonna wants the body of work to be heard as per her artistic intention).

The 'standard' 'clean' version is simply tracks 1 - 14, and is for selling in markets that won't sell explicit albums. Why it isn't the full 19 tracks just in 'clean' form...who knows? Maybe to make it more of an incentive for people to spend more, and buy the full deluxe (which is probably what Madonna would prefer anyway.)

Then there are the 'Super Deluxe' versions - which is just the full main 'explicit' album, along with the 5+ extra bonus songs/remixes (and some variations for different regions).

It's simply a completely different situation than MDNA, and probably should not be compared to that setup... at least that's my impression so far.

The situation is slightly different this time ... For Rebel Heart, the 'main album' is the 19 track 'explicit' deluxe version, ending with the song Rebel Heart. In this case, the extra tracks (15-19) are NOT 'bonus' tracks, per say, but is simply the continuation of the full album (in its full, explicit form that is probably the way Madonna wants the body of work to be heard as per her artistic intention).

The 'standard' 'clean' version is simply tracks 1 - 14, and is for selling in markets that won't sell explicit albums. Why it isn't the full 19 tracks just in 'clean' form...who knows? It's probably done this way this time around to make it more of an incentive for people to spend more, and buy the full deluxe (which is probably what Madonna would prefer anyway.)

Then there are the 'Super Deluxe' versions - which is just the full main 'explicit' album, along with the 5+ extra bonus songs/remixes (and some variations for different regions).

It's simply a completely different situation than MDNA, and probably should not be compared to that setup... at least that's my impression so far.

I see. So the standard edition of 14 tracks is ONLY a clean version?

So I will take that to mean as well that RH is meant to close out the album rather than WAOM.

Thank you so much for always taking the time to acknowledge questions :inlove:

It's so strange my Facebook feed has a sponsored Madonna Rebel Heart ad with no sound ... The lyrics to a part of Joan of Arc appear on the screen and its the line -

"You'll always be my soldier

I can depend on"

I think she changed her mind about that lyric change very last minute.

It's so strange my Facebook feed has a sponsored Madonna Rebel Heart ad with no sound ... The lyrics to a part of Joan of Arc appear on the screen and its the line -

"You'll always be my soldier

I can depend on"

I think she changed her mind about that lyric change very last minute.

Hmmmm, is it official? link?...we need answers

i8CXPKbN2sDQ2.gif

Mix 5 demo of Veni Vidi Vici has now leaked. The squiggly synth line seems pronounced in this version, though M's vocals seem mixed down too low in acoustic parts. It's nice hearing the 'horn' part without the rap. I like this version a lot!

Stop being cunty :lol: It's amazing, very uplifting, but it's a DEMO of course. :lol:

I gonna put it on my own compilation: The Unapologetic EP :thumbsup:

The Unapologetic Ep what a title. I'm borrowing it. :lol:

It's funny to criticize the demo of Wash all over me as generic when it shits all over the reductive pharell williams tracks many are fond of. :lmao::rotfl:

Take it back, take a day (happy vol2) :rotfl:

Actually, I like the Pharrell tracks. They aren't amazing or anything, but pretty good. Never liked the cheap production of the WAOM demo, but loved the lyrics and her voice. The final version is beautiful.

Wouldn't it be amazing if each version of the album sounded completely different? The red album cover could have the mellower-acoustic versions of the songs, while the other has the edgier/dance versions. That would be a dream :)

Could BEST NIGHT be one of her best songs of her ENTIRE Career,

god I'm so obsesses with it

Yolei, Yolei

Best night of your life

I'd say it's the best filler.

The Unapologetic Ep what a title. I'm borrowing it. :lol:

I use this picture as the cover:

album_rebel_heart2_xl.jpg

Track listing:

1. "Living for Love" (demo)

2. "Wash All Over Me" (demo)

3. "Hold Tight" (demo)

4. "Holy Water" (demo)

5. "S.E.X." (demo)

6. "Nothing Lasts Forever"

7. "Tragic Girl

8. "Alone With You"

9. "Graffiti Heart" (demo)

I really did love a lot of the demos, but it's sad seeing what has happened here because of them. All these criticisms of the final versions would be virtually non existent if it weren't for the demos.

I really did love a lot of the demos, but it's sad seeing what has happened here because of them. All these criticisms of the final versions would be virtually non existent if it weren't for the demos.

I see your point. But honestly even though I downloaded the demos, I rarely listen to the ones that are on the album. I do want to hear those as she intended. But I really love listening to the ones that didn't make it such as Alone with You, Tragic Girl, Trust No Bitch and Two Steps Behind Me. If I were to make my own album, it would just include the demos not on the album.

I see your point. But honestly even though I downloaded the demos, I rarely listen to the ones that aren't on the album. I do want to hear those as she intended. But I really love listening to the ones that didn't make it such as Alone with You, Tragic Girl, Trust No Bitch and Two Steps Behind Me. If I were to make my own album, it would just include the demos not on the album.

I'm at this same stage when it comes to the demos. My "Rebel Heart" track list is the Super Deluxe track list with no replacements or substitutions. My "Iconic" track list is all the other songs as I'm trying to keep them in the right order (I'm a little OCD when it comes to my iTunes playlists) but like you, I find myself only listening to the tracks that aren't making the album.

Call me over sensitive but replacing final versions of songs the way Madonna wants them to be heard with unfinished demos just doesn't set well with me.