Rebel Heart (The Spoiler Zone) III (No link posting or requesting)

The final tracklist of "Rebel Heart" 14-tracks standard clean edition is revealed by Amazon store:
1. Living For Love 3:38
2. Devil Pray 4:05
3. Ghosttown 4:09
4. Unapologetic B**** 3:51 [Clean]
5. Illuminati 3:44
6. B**** I'm Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj) 3:47 [Clean]
7. Hold Tight 3:37
8. Joan Of Arc 4:01
9. Iconic (feat. Chance The Rapper and Mike Tyson) 4:33
10. HeartBreakCity 3:33 [Clean]
11. Body Shop 3:39 [Clean]
12. Holy Water 4:09 [Clean]
13. Inside Out 4:23
14. Wash All Over Me 4:00

Wait, what? How would they make Body Shop a 'clean' version? I know the song is about how much she wants to fuck her man but I'm pretty sure M doesn't swear in the song?

The final tracklist of "Rebel Heart" 14-tracks standard clean edition is revealed by Amazon store:

Wait, what? How would they make Body Shop a 'clean' version? I know the song is about how much she wants to fuck her man but I'm pretty sure M doesn't swear in the song?

I know..are they gonna beep out the words 'fender' and 'headlights'? :laugh:

Could the Bitch track just not have been replaced with one of the millions of other tracks?? They'll sound redicoulous edited.

Lol right?? They could have taken out the bitch songs and kept Best Night and Rebel Heart! Like seriously, it shouldn't have been this difficult to figure out! Ugh!

Surely this is a mistake by The Sun:

2 WASH ALL OVER ME

An incredibly powerful and pretty emotionally traumatic song ends the main version of the album, with an intense church-like organ overlaid with modern house beats. Madonna looks at her place in the world, opening with the line: “In a world that’s changing, I’m a stranger in a strange land.” She also talks about “running away from all this madness”.

God please no house beats! WAOM final is flawless.

That's a loaded question to ask me as the one truly negative thing I have to say about the entire final album is with regard to "Beautiful Scars"... one of the best songs she recorded for the album.

This is just my opinion and many may disagree: The demo was magic and the album version is an absolute abortion. Her vocals wrapped around the vaguely new wave/rock arrangement of the demo beautifully. The version being released replaces the original music with a cheesy, disco-lite backing track that goes nowhere (including during what was a soaring bridge) and finishes it off by adding a random, autotuned male whining at the end. It doesn't match her vocal performance at all and the whole thing just sounds cheap and flat.

Totally agree. The bridge in the demo was magical. They stripped away everything that made it great and , in fact, made it the dullest part of the song. :cries:

2 WASH ALL OVER ME

An incredibly powerful and pretty emotionally traumatic song ends the main version of the album, with an intense church-like organ overlaid with modern house beats. Madonna looks at her place in the world, opening with the line: “In a world that’s changing, I’m a stranger in a strange land.” She also talks about “running away from all this madness”.

I don't care if they attack me but hope she came back to the original dance song. :smile:

2 WASH ALL OVER ME

WOW I hope they did change their mind with the final version to include...

I don't care if they attack me but hope she came back to the original dance song. :smile:

Me too. The demo version was EVERYTHING. the album version (or what we think is the album version) is just OK.

In fact, the more we think about it, we don't have any confirmation that what we call "album version" is really the album version...

2 WASH ALL OVER ME

An incredibly powerful and pretty emotionally traumatic song ends the main version of the album, with an intense church-like organ overlaid with modern house beats. Madonna looks at her place in the world, opening with the line: In a world thats changing, Im a stranger in a strange land. She also talks about running away from all this madness.

Maybe they went back to a variation of Demo # 4, that switched between ballad and uptempo? If they did I hope they got rid of the vocodered voice before the instrumental break. Awful idea.

As do all his bloody tracks on this album :voodoo: I dislike what he has done to the demos immensely.

:old::old:

Same with Inside Out..."One more time!" :sour:

Thank fuck we have the demos.

Don't forget about what they did to "Addicted." The first version that leaked was the BEST. The "album version" sounds like a demo. :/

:lmao: this really made me laugh! SameofShame you're so cute asking all these questions, and quite frankly I love it and answering your questions is fun, so no offense at all. But this made me laugh hard! :laugh:

I know, I laughed too haha. I'm like Madonna, I won't be silenced :lmao:

Guest ditaluver

I am thankful for the clean versions. I know it sounds dumb but now I can take these tracks to the gym instructor and demand routines

Forcing the album onto every person in these classes

Well thanks! And since you gave permission, do you agree with others who say that the bonus track Beautiful Scars has a wonderful vocal and amazing bridge? It is one that I truly look forward to.

I completely DISAGREE with their assessment of Beautiful Scars. The album version is beautifully melodic, sleek, lush, euphoric, and the ultimate feel good cool down after the intensity of the full main album experience. It just fits perfectly as the first bonus track.

And there is NOTHING cheap about the production. It has a throwback R&B disco/soul feel to it, and the slight male background voices and production tie into the main album very nicely. It's all very cohesive.

Take It Back is really good!

YES!!!!!

I know I'm in the minority... but I am LIVING for Take It Back and Back That Up (Do It)...so fun and funky. I will always stand HARD for these tracks.

And I'm probably in the other minority...in that I'm glad most of the songs have been de-Avicci-fied (all except Rebel Heart). Personally, I could not stand those electronic breakdowns in so many of the songs, like Borrowed Time, Addicted (still, in the final version), etc...

I'm actually shocked that the final production on the album is so cohesive, and that Dahi and Blood Diamonds, Diplo, and Kanye brought a far more complex, layered sound than the generic Avicci sounds (his writing with her is great, but the arrangements, no).

And say what you want about Kanye, but he brought his A-game on all his tracks. WAOM is stunning in that more processional, ballad form.

The demos are still wonderful, but I will take the "final" form any day.

I completely DISAGREE with their assessment of Beautiful Scars. The album version is beautifully melodic, sleek, lush, euphoric, and the ultimate feel good cool down after the intensity of the full main album experience. It just fits perfectly as the first bonus track.

And there is NOTHING cheap about the production. It has a throwback R&B disco/soul feel to it, and the slight male background voices and production tie into the main album very nicely. It's all very cohesive.

Wow, so intrigued by Beautiful Scars! Thanks for providing another perspective.

I'll never understand why did she get ride of the strings in the demo of WAOM, the aviciiesque breakdown needed to go, but the opening part no :(

The thing about that song is that it was recorded as an understated ballad so the vocals are a bit off when they try to turn it into a stumping dance track and she never re-recorded them.

And I'm probably in the other minority...in that I'm glad most of the songs have been de-Avicci-fied (all except Rebel Heart). Personally, I could not stand those electronic breakdowns in so many of the songs, like Borrowed Time, Addicted (still, in the final version), etc...

I agree. I've never been a fan of Avicii....alll of his stuff is the same, dated beat and drop. I'm glad she realized how dated her songs were sounding and dropped him.

I agree. I've never been a fan of Avicii....alll of his stuff is the same, dated beat and drop. I'm glad she realized how dated her songs were sounding and dropped him.

I will say, I do think the writing they did together, with his team, was great, and created some amazing work. Production...that's another thing.

So I love Dan Wootton's review in The Sun. I always love when people stan hard for Madonna, to be honest.

Reading his description of Veni Vidi Vici with the use of past song titles makes me swoon :inlove: For those of you who have heard the song, does it come across as a triumphant overview of her career, or is it more campy/poking fun.

God I hope there are more reviews like this one!

I am actually starting to seriously wonder if Rebel Heart is going to dethrone albums that have been at the top of my all time favorite albums list for years. Not even kidding.

Are you saying we will get a surprise with the final version of Body Shop?

Are you saying we will get a surprise with the final version of Body Shop?

Yes, all of the auto mechanic innuendos are being replaced with references to soaps, lotions and potions found at your friendly neighborhood Body Shop.

Body_Shop_Farmers_Dunedin_2013.jpg