BBC Radio 1 Boycotts Madonna. Fans rally and ANNIHILATE ageist DJs!

lautnerfied

Guest Rachelle of London

Then again it goes to show how great Madonna fans are. Only one death threat. If this was another fanbase she would've called the police. :lmao:

That Chi Chi creature is such a typical, despicable BBC type. I knew she'd bleat about that one tweet.

Fuck it..moving on...

3100...Up! Up! Up!

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-radio-1-remove-bbc-radio-1-ageist-ban-on-madonna-others-now?after_sign_exp=member_sponsored_donation

#LivingForLoveDAY - 25th February

Radio 1 just want those young listeners but the thing is, young people are into streaming music. Radio 1 are gonna lose important listeners who pay the licence fee that just want to listen to all types from young to older artists.

Those youngsters are not gonna care for radio 1, it's all spotify and Shazam! Radio 1 are dumb to not realise that! They need listenerers like you and me, the license fee payers! From the comments I read in FB from GP is how much they hate the current DJ's, it's gone shit!

Fuck them!

The difference is Madonna is making contemporary chart music tailored for Top 40 radio. Those other artists are not.

The difference is one word- RELEVANCE. Madonna is still looked up to by younger peers, like T Swift, Katy, and MIley. Cindi Lauper, Prince, Fatnet Jackson, and Mariah are all in the clunker right now.

Radio 1 just want those young listeners but the thing is, young people are into streaming music. Radio 1 are gonna lose important listeners who pay the licence fee that just want to listen to all types from young to older artists.

Those youngsters are not gonna care for radio 1, it's all spotify and Shazam! Radio 1 are dumb to not realise that! They need listenerers like you and me, the license fee payers! From the comments I read in FB from GP is how much they hate the current DJ's, it's gone shit!

Fuck them!

AMEN, the internet and I Tunes is killing the Radio. Goodbye Radio, hello I Tunes and Pandora or Spotify

AMEN, the internet and I Tunes is killing the Radio. Goodbye Radio, hello I Tunes and Pandora or Spotify

This.

I only listen to the radio in my care, and only once in while. Most of the time, I plug my phone...

The joke about it all is their justification - "musical merit". That's fucking subjective as is.... let alone, what the fuck do they even mean by that? Could mean anything.......

They just want to use radio (in this case, paid for with public tax dollars, no...?) to program into the minds of the youth what the corporations want them to buy.

And the record companies want them to buy their corporate pet projects, which are usually younger (and cheaper) pop artists, that they make more money off of.

Is that not it? So they're basically a tool...

The difference is one word- RELEVANCE. Madonna is still looked up to by younger peers, like T Swift, Katy, and MIley. Cindi Lauper, Prince, Fatnet Jackson, and Mariah are all in the clunker right now.

Prince is probably one of the most revered artists out there amongst his peers and younger artists. That makes him relevant. His influence is far reaching - from the likes of Beck and the Foo Fighters -to the likes of Beyonce and Mark Ronson (Uptown Funk anyone???).

Im not saying it is more so than Madonna, as she has clearly had a huge influence too, but to suggest the two are incomparable is silly.

I agree madonna is making more chart oriented music than someone like him - and i do believe that were Rhianna to have come out with LFL, it would be absolutely everywhere - however the fact of the matter is - Madonna like Prince, dont get played by radio no more - largely because of their age, but also because they are legends, and kids dont care about legends. Legends are the people their parents listen to.

Punk and new wave were a reaction in part to everybody telling the youth of the late 70s and 80s that The Beatles and Elvis were the greatest and only thing that mattered in music - kids dont want to be told what to like. Kids growing up hearing about these musical legends is all very well - but it is inevitably something they react and rebel against. Even though we can see how heavily influential Prince and Madonna have been on todays musical acts - the kids don't want to listen to the original, they want to hear the younger, newer, fresher artists. The artists their parents dont know or like.

Its a natural cycle, and while i think Madonna has done better than anyone to buck the trend and remain relevant - and will continue to be so in varying degrees - but the days of chart number 1s are gone, and not because radio 1 wont play her, but because the kids wont buy her anymore.

i think at this point its pretty clear that Radio 1 won't ever play her, just out of spite. The smarter thing to do is to use all the effort to request the song constantly to OTHER stations and hopefully becomes a hit, then they'll have no choice to play her

Guest Madomination

This.

I only listen to the radio in my care, and only once in while. Most of the time, I plug my phone...

I only listen to the radio in my car for any news about traffic jams or the occasional talk show. Music? Bleah!!! :ass:

The Inquisitr spoke to Radio 1, who denied the claims [of a radio ban]

“First of all, there is no ban on Madonna. Her single ‘Living for Love’ might have been available since December, but the record company didn’t start pushing it until recently. We have played the song — I think more than once. It may not be played a lot on Radio 1 right now and may not be played at all in the future. But to say the song was ‘banned’ is an incredible lie and one that some are pushing to promote an obvious agenda against Madonna.”

Perhaps Radio 1 will see how successful Madonna has been in the United States with her new single and add it to their playlist. [...]

living for sources:
http://www.inquisitr.com/1857865/mad...-at-pop-radio/

c74c86fd.gif

Also interesting, they confirmed that NO payola was served for the US radio performance of 'Living For Longevity'

Quote:

Many thought that Madonna’s new single was gaining airplay because of a radio pay deal, butit has been confirmed that radio stations are playing it out of their own will — that means Ms. Ciccone is getting a lot of requests and great call-out research.

Madonna has yet to debut on the Billboard Hot 100, but that should change now that “Living for Love” is getting a lot of exposure. The success of “Living for Love” will help Madonna’s next single “Ghosttown,” which probably won’t have to be released for a long time now that “Living for Love” is here for the long term. The folks at American radio obviously still care about the Queen of Pop. [...]

Inquisitr cannot confirm jack shit because it's not a real news site

Yeah, wtf is it? Never heard of it before. Sounds like a lame personal blog title.

ok. #madonna fans. My sarcasm didn't translate well. Trolling me won't get you what you want.

Oh dear...she's just made it much worse for herself...'sarcasm'??er... :laugh:

Your sarcasm? Oh dear. You truly are pathetic.

Can we give this a push...

I want us to meet our goal by the 25th

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-radio-1-remove-bbc-radio-1-ageist-ban-on-madonna-others-now?utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification&utm_campaign=new_petition_recruit

Get your siblings to do it. Fucking use their name and emails if you have to lol