AUSDONNA!!!! Aussie Madonna Fan Thread (Reborn)

Carta

OK, our last thread died out and I don't know how far back it is, so here's a new one! Let's get the old gang together and converse like the good old days of 2012-2014 :thumbsup:

Kylie is an Australian institution and although her popularity has waned considerably now, she was up there with Madonna in terms of singles chart success in the 00s. Check out her discography at Wikipedia to see just how much chart success she has had here. She hasn't had anywhere near as many #1 albums as Madonna has, but she's only one #1 single behind Madonna overall.

I was wondering what type of reception Madonna will get after not being here for 20+ years when she finally comes to Australia. I believe that the moment she touches down in Australia, everyone will forget that number because it will be such a surreal and crazy experience. While I don't know how big of an event it was when Madonna came in 1993 because I wasn't born until 1996, I remember when Oprah came, the whole country fucking lost their shit, putting giant O's on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

I think she would really enjoy Australia this time around as she will be seeing it from a different perspective than she did almost 22 years ago.

she's coming, i feel it in my bones!

it's going to be so exciting. finally everyone will be talking about what i want to talk about :D

Praying for the Australian fans right now

Madonna in Australia after 22 years would bring in at least $50m out of a handful of gigs alone

Plus it would be an event of worldwide resonance

gs_party11.jpg

gs_party9.jpg

:bow::bow:

I remember when she was here in 93 and pretty much every day she was in the country, the nightly news would have as one of its top stories what madonna did that day.

I honestly can't imagine it now. I'm kind of embarrassed for her to come here. I don't think she gets Australia and its weird sense of humour.

I honestly can't imagine it now. I'm kind of embarrassed for her to come here.

I don't think she gets Australia and its weird sense of humour.

What's weird about it? :lol: Curious

If she's lived in England for 10 years she can get there too again, I think

The British sense of humour is very different from the American sense of humour

I love when Jan tells me about Australia, beautiful country on a visual level alone

I remember when she was here in 93 and pretty much every day she was in the country, the nightly news would have as one of its top stories what madonna did that day.

Lovely

I will personally buy everyone at Madonnanation a jar of Vegemite ( or Marmite for the faint hearted ) if she sets foot in this country again...

Funnily enough, I'm actually looking forward to the excuse that her and High IQ Guy O will come up with this time round :) " Olga has to go to obedient school because she pissed on my Jimmy Choo's" " red back spiders" " Mercy is graduating with honours from grade 1" " an allergy to bogans" " peanuts" " wombats" etc etc etc...

I honestly can't imagine it now. I'm kind of embarrassed for her to come here. I don't think she gets Australia and its weird sense of humour.

San, I don't think she has any problem with the humour here as she loves Molly Meldrum and he is as Australian as you can get. She hit if off with him from the word go and it has always been obvious as they have mucked around together so much. I have also read about her interactions with Michael Gudinski, his family and tour organisers and they all got along wonderfully with her. Plus Sonia Kruger said they hit it off and you won't get anymore Australian in humour and attitude than Sonia. :laugh:

I will personally buy everyone at Madonnanation a jar of Vegemite ( or Marmite for the faint hearted ) if she sets foot in this country again...

Funnily enough, I'm actually looking forward to the excuse that her and High IQ Guy O will come up with this time round :) " Olga has to go to obedient school because she pissed on my Jimmy Choo's" " red back spiders" " Mercy is graduating with honours from grade 1" " an allergy to bogans" " peanuts" " wombats" etc etc etc...

:laugh:

she has to go back,,,, she keeps promosing to

I think Australians can be incredibly daggy - which is endearing, don't get me wrong, but I just cringe at some of the scenarios that may come her way in interacting with the Australian media. Like imagine (she never would but...) if she sat at The Project desk and they chatted to her there...those hosts are a bunch of dip shits and I shudder to think the idiotic things they would say/do. M has done a few interviews etc that are silly/random, but she always seems a bit uncomfortable.

And you have to also consider that it's going to be a big fucking deal if she comes - if she isn't totally open to the experience of people losing their shit and being a bit mental about it all she will come off as the bitch some want her to be.

And Molly is a unique situation - they're friends.

It's been sooooo long....and it makes me nervous. Distance can't be the only reason she never came back. I think she mustn't be too fond of this lovely country.

Never mind me - I'm totally over thinking the whole thing. It's hard to imagine she will ever be here again :)

I don't see her doing any interviews with Aussie media again unless she announces a tour - Madonna has never even done a satellite interview with Australian media, they usually just fly over to where she is. The last interview we got was the pre-MDNA W.E. one.