AUSDONNA!!!! Aussie Madonna Fan Thread (Reborn)

Carta

Well, really, why don't you move from Perth to a real city! :tongue:

Im the same - all my friends either do not like Madonna or just are casual fans. Nobody i can really hang out with to just play the music and talk about the years. Im a bit worried that if she tours that none of my friends would pay $$ to be up front, if they go at all they would only pay the cheap seats. And they certaintly wouldn't get there early. I guess I'll just go by myself.

Believe me, this is definitely the best way to get a good seat/spot. As soon as you start worrying about where other people are, that's when you risk getting stuck with less than ideal seats. I went to see Michael Jackson by myself in 1996 and because I was only after one ticket, I found myself in the front row, even though I bought the ticket about five hours after they went on sale.

Everyone is really friendly at the front at Madonna concerts. It won't matter at all that you're by yourself :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

Great idea Carta. I think I will definitely go by myself because even though I have friends that like Madonna none will pay for the expensive tickets.

PLUS I can go in the cheaper seats with friends a second time! Get drunk and cause a riot

Believe me, this is definitely the best way to get a good seat/spot. As soon as you start worrying about where other people are, that's when you risk getting stuck with less than ideal seats. I went to see Michael Jackson by myself in 1996 and because I was only after one ticket, I found myself in the front row, even though I bought the ticket about five hours after they went on sale.

Everyone is really friendly at the front at Madonna concerts. It won't matter at all that you're by yourself :thumbsup:

That must have been so exciting! What was that like concert like up front? Even though his abilities as a performer probably had declined slightly by then, it still must have been an amazing experience.

The only concert I've ever been to was Hi 5 in 2000 :lol:

^ I've said this before and I know it's tough to hear but honestly Australia doesn't give a fuck about her. She has ignored us far too long that I don't think radio is willing to support her anymore. I don't think LFL is good enough for the general public to make it a hit on it's own. Even I as a Madonna fan didn't think it was all that exciting initially. Compared to other acts she is BARELY promoted here. It used to be fine because she had a big fan base here but as is now obvious her name is not as important here as it used to be. She has barely done any interviews here, particularly in the last 10 (!!!) years. And I can't think of any other act, yet alone a HUGE artist like her, who hasn't visited here even just for a brief promo tour in over 20 years. Her dwindling popularity is really no surprise that I'm even questioning whether a tour here would really be as big as I'd have thought even a few years ago. Honestly I think she'll struggle and even if she does do ok most people will complain that she doesn't sing all the 80's classics.

"Living For Love" is a strong single and if Madonna were three decades younger, radio would be all over it. Promo is going to continue to be a problem for her now because she isn't actually signed to a record company (all Universal does is distribute the product - they issue singles and send them to radio etc. but Madonna's not high on their list of priorities). Warners actively promoted Madonna (extremely successfully) in Australia and it didn't matter that she didn't tour here. People still bought her albums and singles. The promo stopped after HC (they basically just plonked "Celebration" into stores here) and when MDNA was released, it was painfully obvious that she didn't have the proper backing of a record company.

An artist doesn't need to tour to be successful (or to continue to be successful), and even artists who tour regularly can find themselves failing to connect with the public. Look at Kylie - she tours regularly and extensively, but radio won't play her any more (I guess she's "too old", too), and as a result, her singles don't sell (and even her tours are markedly scaled down). When radio eventually stops supporting P!nk, she'll suffer the same fate (she's probably got another 5-10 years before they stop supporting her the way they have for the past 15 years - she'll be in her 40s then).

Guest bluejean

I can't see P!nk being around another 15 years. She has 2-3 songs that she just keeps regurgitating over and over. Highly overrated in Australia.

Why all of the negativity again ? Do we have to continually moan and whinge all the time about Madonna not touring here ? Yes, it has been horrible as a fan but can't we try to look forward to a new tour without this constant bringing up about her not touring for years. It just gets repeated over and over. There is a great new era coming and she probably will tour yet it is back to this constant complaining. This thread was fun but now is the typical negative "Poor Australia" thread.

:laugh: Carta, we need some good vibes and this thread can be such fun. Personally, I think if Madonna announces she is touring, the place would erupt with excitement. Prince and Bruce Springsteen were welcomed with open arms and Madonna is even bigger than them. I know it has been tough but hate seeing this thread going back to being so negative. Plus, the single and album have not even been released yet.

Absolutely! At the moment, anyone who pre-ordered the whole album can't buy "Living For Love" separately, so until a separate single is released, it's going to be difficult for the song to chart here. The album will do well, at least initially. It will resurge when she tours here.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo! What about L4L?

So, who's from Sydney y'all? I just bought a ticket to the album release party on the 6th...who's cominggggggggggggggggggggggg :tigger:

The idiot DJs on the radio this morning were carrying on about how Madonna is "too old" to pull "shocking stunts", with one (who is approaching 50) saying that she's been overtaken by "younger stars" who "do it better" than her (i.e. the "stunts"). Ugh!! This particular station hasn't played LFL at all :(

^ I agree with you 100 %. I love her but it's apalling how badly she has treated us. There is no excuse, NO EXCUSE. Who squanders one of their biggest markets like she has? She doesn't give a fuck and neither do her management. If she does come this year, to add insult to injury it will probably be a stadium tour purely as a money making exercise.

I'm curious - is Australia one of her biggest markets? I thought it was pretty small, with artists only needing to sell a fraction of what they do in most other countries in order to get to #1....?

The idiot DJs on the radio this morning were carrying on about how Madonna is "too old" to pull "shocking stunts", with one (who is approaching 50) saying that she's been overtaken by "younger stars" who "do it better" than her (i.e. the "stunts"). Ugh!! This particular station hasn't played LFL at all :(

NOVA is probably the best chance of hearing LFL because they're very Madonna friendly with her new stuff and they don't have old ageist presenters.

Woo hoo! What about L4L?

So, who's from Sydney y'all? I just bought a ticket to the album release party on the 6th...who's cominggggggggggggggggggggggg :tigger:

i wish :( i hope melbourne has one!

Rage just premiered the "Living For Love" video and they've got a faulty copy :( It's as jerky as anything, almost to the point where it's unwatchable. The image basically shudders throughout the entire video. Either whoever reviewed it thought it was supposed to be like that (i.e. it was an "artistic" decision) or something has happened when they've inserted it into the playlist.

We have the most pathetic radio stations with the worst hosts as well. Not sure if they are the same in other countries but they make me ashamed. They keep getting worse as well. Every hour on some stations you will hear the same 6 songs from the same artists. Have noticed that a lot of really young listeners are saying the same thing and are fed up too. I doubt it will change though unfortunately.

Who has Shazam here? We could at least try to get it out there by Shazamming it and getting it into the countdowns - it's the kind of song that grows on you, so people need to actually hear it....