Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

It could be easily perceived as insulting and racist, Mandela's pic was even more disturbing

What makes it insulting and racist and why would people perceive it that way?

It's true, I might be a bit over sensitive but it's how I feel and how I see things

Well thank god you wasn't in the SEX/Erotica era, hey even Like a prayer video controversy, you would have buried yourself!

I love her Instagram, she's the only celebrity I follow, but I just wish she was a bit more careful with what she posts

How could she post this is beyond me, she looks amazing but the other pic is disturbing!

madonna-martin-luther-kin-jr-controversy

but i guess that s her point. in pop nowadays everything is so unbelievable faceless. i think people have to be disturbed. if she would had only posted the untouched image of mlk to make people !!!remember!!! him, there wouldn´t have been any notable reactions. and now there s a thing going on.

and that should be the essence of art. make people think!

Yes yes !

Today's pop world is boring, all the current "stars" play the slutty/silly card and there's nothing else. Songs about booty, sex and partying. I'm glad Madonna is back with strong statements. This era is not officially started and it's already amazing! :madonna2:

I wish Madonna would hire me. I would make sure her damn responses didn't have typos or grammatical errors. That's the only thing that pisses me off. :lol:

I hope this media mess won't affect the album.

Of course it will! When was the last time an album cover received that much media coverage? :laugh:

Medias have been talking about M's new album non-stop since the end of November... Some fans can't understand that it's amazing. This era begins in the most perfect way! :Disco_Ball:

People who put negative comments are shit who have nothing better to do. The best way to treat them is to ignore them.

And I love M's misspellings. I think she's poking fun at the Internet lingo or whatever you call it. #unapolagetickbitch!

I don't find her posts one iota more embarrassing than the drivel posted by most folks from my real life lol. Plus she's done a million times more for the world than any of them so she's good.

I think it would be amazing if some prominent gay journalist started saying that people are trying to deny gay culture by diminishing Madonna's accomplishments with this controversy. Why the hell can't she be compared to revolutionaries? She saved my life and thousands of other people's I'm sure. Give the cultural appropriation people a taste of their own medicine.

Yes, the media's always after her, but nowadays everyone is just too damn 'sensitive' (to the most banal things, because no1curr about the REAL issues).

To put things into perspective: If Nothing Really Matters the video and the Grammy performance happened today, there would be a massive yadda yadda about 'cultural appropriation' everywhere, while it didn't happen back in 1999. I'm just ashamed to be a part of this generation because I don't think there were that many people so full of shit decades ago.

To put things in perspective: If Nothing Really Matters the video and the Grammy performance happened today, there would be a massive yadda yadda about 'cultural appropriation' everywhere, while it didn't happen back in 1999. I'm just ashamed to be a part of this generation because I don't think there was that many people so full of shit decades ago.

Yes there was that many people full of shit decades ago, it's just that they didn't have internet to express themselves ;)

Guest Rachelle of London

Yes, the media's always after her, but nowadays everyone is just too damn 'sensitive' (to the most banal things, because no1curr about the REAL issues).

To put things into perspective: If Nothing Really Matters the video and the Grammy performance happened today, there would be a massive yadda yadda about 'cultural appropriation' everywhere, while it didn't happen back in 1999. I'm just ashamed to be a part of this generation because I don't think there was that many people so full of shit decades ago.

Wasnt there some form of backlash when she performed TAB at the AMAs in that Chinese style dress? I swear Ive read that on here. I dont think this BS is new, it just reaches more people quicker due to the web

Guest Rachelle of London

ugh the cultural appropriation social justice warriors are the worst racists around

I agree. Cant stand these people that speak on behalf of a whole ethnic group. Its patronising and downright rude.

Hm I don't understand how people can be so hateful in the comments @ articles about her or any other artist. I personally don't even check the news of these other people, Im just interested in Madonna. Why bother reading articles and commenting and wasting time on people you don't like? (and this is different than the goober topic where most of us are just poking fun at her. and even that.. it's still related to madonna so it's different) - are people really that annoyed and bitter all the time to spit out such nonsense and hateful bullshit? It's weird.. I guess there must be a separate little world of trolls that do that shit all day during working hours or something, to let out some frustration.

fuck, when kim kardashian is on the cover of vogue and people were mad, I thought "you go girl show your fake bootie and make some more $ of these fools!" - I just don't care at all. I like the entertainment world for that reason.. it's all a bit crazy and fun!

I agree. Cant stand these people that speak on behalf of a whole ethnic group. Its patronising and downright rude.

not to mention more a part of the problem!!!