Madonna Instagram thread continued: the queen continues to defy social media rules

Apples388

I just wrote an article for RantLifestyle defending Madonna and putting in my two cents. Check it out:

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2015/01/04/madonna-promotes-human-rights-on-instagram-gets-unfairly-branded-a-racist/

PS - Sorry if it seems like I'm always promoting my own work. I only share stuff when I think you guys will appreciate it! :)

This is a really well written and well argued article! Thank you for writing and sharing it!!

Madonna accidentally butt posted "sirhtbbbbbbbbbbb orekop" on Instagram. In less than a minute she got 5000 comments telling her to take her old lady pills, that what she said was irrelevant but 5 minutes later it turned into full lenght articles on blogs detailing how much Madonna lost it this time. A Gawker contributor wrote a piece called "Madonna butt posts on Instagram in hope to be relevant". 10 minutes later he had 125 comments saying she was old and 50 gifs going from Tina Fey laughing drily to black women snatching wigs. In these 125 comments the name Lady Gaga appeared 41258 times mostly in the commenters names. 30 minutes later the Daily Mail ran an article about it while the Guardian interviewed an expert on butt posting on social medias. An hour Later Google search repertoried 50456 news articles about it. Piers Morgan got his "Most interesting thing she ever wrote" tweet retweeted 25 times, a record for him.Camille Paglia appeared on CNN to discuss butt posting. Finally Madonna adressed the issue by saying "Sorry, i sat on my phone" but everybody already had moved on to a picture of Taylor Swift buying Starbuck's coffees for a homeless woman, the women on The Talk agreed she looked fantastic in her red pants while doing it.

did you write it yourself? i love it :clap:

All of these people are just jealous. It kills them that after more than 30 years she's still ultra successful, not living her life by the perceived norms, she's a woman that's alot more powerful and successful than they are and still causing people to talk and think and all this at almost 60 and looking damn good while doing it! I don't get It. I see people whether male or female making a difference, fighting for the rights of all people and it restores my faith in humanity. Alot of people just want to see others fail and I just can't understand this. I guess it all boils down to them being unhappy and unfulfilled. It really doesn't bother me when people put down Madonna anymore. Negativity is Negativity and they're only bringing their selves down.

Yeah I don't understand it either. You would think people would be inspired: that you can work hard and achieve greatness. That you can persevere and continue to do what you love for as long as you choose to do it. I know I'm inspired by her example, especially at times when I'm unhappy or feeling unfulfilled - so I really don't understand the hate at all.

fun is that she gets more followers on instagram - hour by hour...so it seems that all their hate works well for her!...so M can turn hate into love! she s a saint! :inlove:

So true. Her haters just fuel her and they are ridiculous.

Case in point, here's a comment someone left for me in an abc news story about this flap. Seriously, her haters are delusional.

"Modonna hasn't changed her act in 40 years. She has the same hair style in the picture that she had several decades ago. Being creative means that you do new things."

Seriously, her haters are delusional. I mean, that's some real stupid right there, and that person's Disqus screen name is Critical Thinker, or some shit.

So true. Her haters just fuel her and they are ridiculous.

Case in point, here's a comment someone left for me in an abc news story about this flap. Seriously, her haters are delusional.

"Modonna hasn't changed her act in 40 years. She has the same hair style in the picture that she had several decades ago. Being creative means that you do new things."

Seriously, her haters are delusional. I mean, that's some real stupid right there, and that person's Disqus screen name is Critical Thinker, or some shit.

Seriously wtf :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You gotta remember other artists get a lot of hateful, stupid comments too. A lot of idiots now have a platform to spew their shit, sadly.

So true. Courtney Love gets SO MUCH vile abuse. The only person who doesn't seem to get anything bad is Stevie Nicks.

When I think of going on to the page of a singer I don't like and spewing vitriol, I can't even imagine wasting a second of my life on that kind of negativity.

M is really on a roll this era. I'm loving all of it. She's truly a genius. She's making the same people who were all like 'yawn, Madonna, no one cares about your PR stunts anymore'' getting all pissed like it's 1992 all over again. :lmao:

That's why I love her so much! :sassy:

Guest Rachelle of London

You gotta remember other artists get a lot of hateful, stupid comments too. A lot of idiots now have a platform to spew their shit, sadly.

Oh definitely! Rihanna's Instagram is probably the worst. The comments!!!! My god!

People love to hate.

I admit, I love hating on Gaga here and on sites like PawsDown. I would never post on her sites or accounts, though. My parents raised me right. You talk shot about people behind their backs. :)

http://jaredbraden.com/news/9321

Around the time I first realized I was gay, which would have been around 1987 or ’88, I was first introduced to MTV. The channel introduced me to the very music my parents had warned me about. I grew up in a very, very strict Christian home, so watching MTV was pretty much out of the question when my parents were home. The only time I could watch MTV was when my cousin would come over to babysit us during the summer. We would sit and watch one music video after the other. I discovered Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Janet, Cyndi Lauper and, most importantly, Madonna. I was always one to follow rules and never try to stand out, but here was this stunningly beautiful woman who was unashamed to flaunt her body and sexuality. I had never seen anything like it, and it intrigued me. I was just beginning to try to figure things out for myself. Serious things like where I belonged in the world and what I really thought about organized religion, etc. I had no one to talk to about the feelings I was having or my homosexuality, so music become my only escape. As odd as it may seem, Madonna played a huge role in my own self-discovery. For years, Madonna held my interest by reinventing herself and her image. She’s always been one to push the boundaries of what is socially acceptable, and she’s never apologized for doing it. I can admire that in someone. Equally important was her music. She never followed musical trends that had already become mainstream. She was voguing before most people even knew what it was, and her music was light years ahead of what other artists were attempting. Other artists actually looked to her for inspiration. But lately, things just haven’t been the same. I am now in my 30s, and I have been a fan of Madonna for well over two decades. I still buy every song she releases, including the six new ones from Rebel Heart. However, for the last few years, things just haven’t been the same. At some point over the last few years, and I don’t know how this happened, Madonna has become a follower. She’s no longer the trendsetter she once was. She seeks out the hottest ‘young’ producers and rappers in what comes across as a desperate attempt to connect with a much younger audience – an audience that, sadly, has little interest in her. In doing this, she is alienating herself the very fan base that has been with her since the beginning. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think there is anything wrong with working with hot producers and new talent, but when you’ve built your career around always being one step ahead of the rest, it becomes troublesome to see. Madonna’s recent posts on social media do little to calm these concerns. In an attempt to stay cool, she’s using terms that only young kids should know and using altered photos of iconic leaders to self-promote her new album. It has simply become too much for me to handle. I’ve always loved that Madonna has unapologetically pushed boundaries, but it has now become embarrassing. By trying to stay cool, she has single-handedly caused the opposite to happen. Not only do most young teens and adults find her uncool, a large chunk of her older fans now feel the exact same way. I am not saying that Madonna should release a jazz or standards album — great pop music has no age limit — but by her ignominious actions over the last few years have done nothing but tarnish her legacy. Listen, I get it, Madonna doesn’t give a fuck what anyone thinks about her. That quality is one of the reasons I became a fan in the first place, but I can’t overlook her recent actions. Her disconnect has actually become troublesome to witness. As a long-time fan, it pains me to admit that the Madonna that obliterated boundaries and was always one step ahead has all but vanished. The Madonna of today is more concerned with coming across young and hip than releasing music that is worthy of standing alongside her earlier material. She has become a shell of the artist she once was. In what may be a vain hope that she’ll somehow stop her self-destructive actions and salvage her pop music legacy, I’ll be here waiting and watching for Madonna to come to her senses. As for now, I am simply a fan of some of her music and not the artist behind it. I realize I might ruffle some feathers with this post, but I just wanted to share my own personal thoughts. Madonna has been a central figure in the lives of so many of us, so I can understand the passion that is connected with her and her music. Trust me, I get it.

Read more at: http://jaredbraden.com/news/9321 | Jared Braden

Why do all of these people harp on the fact that she is trying to come across as young and hip? It's unbelievable how many times we read that nonsense. First of all, I don't even believe she is trying to do any such thing. Just comes naturally to her. She's hot. Secondly, with the exception of BIM, these six new songs are very adult music, not trying to be young at all. And finally, how many of these people attacking her are older Gay men who are shaking their asses in the face of hot young 20somethings every weekend? Hypocrites much?

Why do all of these people harp on the fact that she is trying to come across as young and hip? It's unbelievable how many times we read that nonsense. First of all, I don't even believe she is trying to do any such thing. Just comes naturally to her. She's hot. Secondly, with the exception of BIM, these six new songs are very adult music, not trying to be young at all. And finally, how many of these people attacking her are older Gay men who are shaking their asses in the face of hot young 20somethings every weekend? Hypocrites much?

I couldn't agree more. People misunderstand things she does as trying to be young and hip. when as you say she is just being herself. She is interested in contemporary music and culture. What is wrong with that? I'm older than a lot of people here but I'm interested in modern music, culture and fashion. It keeps me interested in life and vibrant. It's something to be applauded not ridiculed.

Have said it before and will say it again. Ex fans are more tiresome, judgemental, whining, self-righteous and annoying than her haters. They love to put her down but always have to start off by saying how much they used to admire her etc. Then go in for the kill. Plus they pollute music forums everywhere. Other Madonna forums are unbearable because of them and their constant negativity. Wish they would just move on if they don't like her anymore, rather than try and put her down to make themselves feel important.