Madonna Instagram Thread

XXL

Wow at these comments. This world is full of over sensitive people. Grow a pair of balls. She's not throwing every fan under the bus. But let's now call her Marie Antoinette or the clueless billionaire... how about handing over your fan card? She's upset and she has every right to be. She's using Instagram because it is the most efficient way to communicate with her fans. Her inner circle has probably heard a much nastier version of this in person. Why should she talk about them publicly instead of face to face?

If this is going to ruin this new album for you, then it's too bad for you.

As a fan, I was more upset that she didn't record any songs for GHV2 than this. To each his own. Rant on everyone.

theres people here who use insults referred to plastic surgery, M being a billionaire, and other typical hateful talk one would see on anti madonna sites. love and hate are very close to each other indeed.

What I don't get is that people exploded AFTER she made clear it's not the fans she's talking about. very weird.

and weren't so many people here mad at other "fans" (ie.collectors) just a few days ago for being so entitled and doing exactly what madonna is speaking up against?

weird.

Maybe she does not realise that when she post leaked pictures herself she is going to make more people interested in seeing them.. personally I do not care the least about leaked pictures and would not have seen these photos if she had not posted them... Madonna being so vocal about it creates a buzz about it... ergo more people are going to go look for her leaked photos :laugh:

Guest Rachelle of London

Madonnas anger probably stems from the people that sell on her material for money. As we have come to know there is a lot of dodgy dealings going around with certain fans. Madonna has been personally following and unfollowing certain fan sites IG accounts over the past week. Why she doesn't open a fake account to do this but then she probably wants them to know she's watching them.

Maybe she could word things better but without naming names some of her fans revel in the fact that they have unreleased pics and with social media and all it is getting back to her directly.

I can't believe though in 2014 that some people on here expect Madonna to censor herself on IG or have a PR firm tweet for her YUCK!!!! Could you imagine someone censoring her during Sex or Like a Virgin. We all complain because she pulled the plug on the original AL video. Why do we expect M to censor herself after 30 years. What 56 year old anywhere needs someone to post on her behalf anyway

As much as I have absolutely loved some of the outtakes (some not so much) that have been appearing all over the ether for YEARS now I have never really been a fan of them..for me it's kind of watering down what we have had before...and I always say to myself where the fuck are these coming from..where where where??? lol. As soon as I seen madonnas instagram rant my eyes rolled haha totally amused by the whole thing yet slightly concerned where this/is going to lead. I did really hope she was on the ball and was always fully aware of the outtakes..I don't know I think she may well have seen these before but because she's so pissed off with the demo leaks that she's using this to vent her anger also..it seems that anger is still her catalyst! I hope she directs it towards her music because she makes great music when she's ANGRY!

Please Liz come out from where you are and wave your magic wand and make everything better!!!

Madonnas anger probably stems from the people that sell on her material for money. As we have come to know there is a lot of dodgy dealings going around with certain fans. Madonna has been personally following and unfollowing certain fan sites IG accounts over the past week. Why she doesn't open a fake account to do this but then she probably wants them to know she's watching them.

Maybe she could word things better but without naming names some of her fans revel in the fact that they have unreleased pics and with social media and all it is getting back to her directly.

I can't believe though in 2014 that some people on here expect Madonna to censor herself on IG or have a PR firm tweet for her YUCK!!!! Could you imagine someone censoring her during Sex or Like a Virgin. We all complain because she pulled the plug on the original AL video. Why do we expect M to censor herself after 30 years. What 56 year old anywhere needs someone to post on her behalf anywhere.

THIS!!!!!

other ways in addressing (currently) the matter " I really believe we in the music industry can work together to find a way to bond technology with integrity and just really hope we can teach the younger generation the value of investment in music rather than the ephemeral consumption of it" (taylor swift during women in music billboard event)

other ways in addressing currently the matter " I really believe we in the music industry can work together to find a way to bond technology with integrity and just really hope we can teach the younger generation the value of investment in music rather than the ephemeral consumption of it" taylor swift during billboard event

which is just a line she was given by her pr management and most of her young fans probably don't even understand it anyway. it wouldn't have helped with the leaks at all.

which is just a line she was given by her pr management and most of her young fans probably don't even understand it anyway. it wouldn't have helped with the leaks at all.

definitely (fortunately)^^^ :thumbsup:

however ...from where originally it comes...it is focusing more on what the industry can do and less (not solely) on what the consumers should(n't)

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I think she is frustrated and feels a bit violated and angry. Is she not entitled? I am so amazed by people's personal offense to this.

She isn't whining or blaming she expressing personal outrage and wtf?

Give her a break.

I agree. What's the problem? Before she reacted, everyone was fine with looking at those pictures but no one would seriously believe Madonna would think it to be ok. Of course she wouldn't think so.

And she's not aiming fans generally but people who collect unreleased material and make money off of it, which I think sucks, and who may or not be fans.

definitely (fortunately)^^^ :thumbsup:

however ...from where originally it comes...it is focusing more on what the industry can do and less (not solely) on what the consumers should(n't)

I know, you're right. although I do think it got some people mad as well..) but the thing is: that won't stop those collectors/leakers/hackers/traders/however you wanna call them. it's kind of an empty threat imo. and taylor doesn't have her personal photos leaked either. or her album's demos before the album is out.. M sees her fans tag her with outtakes on IG all the time so she asked her fans about it but clearly she didn't mean that all her fans are hackers! anyway, she obviously read what we have to say on IG. this could be a good thing as she may finally get rid of some yes-men she doesn't really need. the idea of M living in a bubble is.. :roadrunner::roadrunner:

but damn, some fans are such dickheads. saying she deserves to have her private photos & album leaked because she's famous or rich and she asked for it while they tag her in unflattering outtakes. like damn, of course she's gonna be at least slightly pissed. how are fans even surprised when some of them practically rub it in her face? :huh:

A lot of people are butthurt because they have collection obsessions and they don't like the fact that their idol is telling them that what they enjoy is actually an invasion of her privacy and illegal. Fans can turn really icky really fast when Madonna doesn't return their affection. Just look at Michelle Budd for example. You should consider how YOU would feel as a person living in a world where it's already hard to trust people and it just keeps getting harder and harder. If I were her I'd be absolutely distraught. Privacy is a human right that EVERYBODY is entitled to.

Mattress nailed it.

I wish everything she posted on Instagram was filtered first.

I'd much prefer to have the truth.

Close that fucking instragram account and WORK on your fucking album woman.

Maybe you should spend time on your own instagram and mind your own business.

I know, you're right. although I do think it got some people mad as well..) but the thing is: that won't stop those collectors/leakers/hackers/traders/however you wanna call them. it's kind of an empty threat imo. and taylor doesn't have her personal photos leaked either. or her album's demos before the album is out.. M sees her fans tag her with outtakes on IG all the time so she asked her fans about it but clearly (it seems, not so... :stir: ) she didn't mean that all her fans are hackers! anyway, she obviously read what we have to say on IG. this could be a good thing as she may finally get rid of some yes-men she doesn't really need. the idea of M living in a bubble is.. :roadrunner::roadrunner:

but damn, some fans are such dickheads. saying she deserves to have her private photos & album leaked because she's famous or rich and she asked for it while they tag her in unflattering outtakes. like damn, of course she's gonna be at least slightly pissed. how are fans even surprised when some of them practically rub it in her face? :huh:

:laugh:

however it seems that the other fans (at least according to forbes, the vast majority) may have yet behaved differently...aka better

Oh, you're alive.

IGNORED.

Oh, you're nothing. I don't know if you think that being a miserable fuck makes you somehow cooler or if you're just pointlessly arrogant but either way it's pathetic.

I don't need your attention. Neither does Madonna. YOU however need to realise the grossness of your attitude.

Demand creates supply...although I do agree that the thieves should be stopped. Prevention is better than a cure.

There's usually many buyers to one supplier. Punish one buyer, the supplier will just go to another and another. Deal with the supplier.

Too much time spent on who's buying the leaks than who's doing the leaks.

There's usually many buyers to one supplier. Punish one buyer, the supplier will just go to another and another. Deal with the supplier.

THIS a million times. The problem starts at home.

other ways in addressing (currently) the matter " I really believe we in the music industry can work together to find a way to bond technology with integrity and just really hope we can teach the younger generation the value of investment in music rather than the ephemeral consumption of it" (taylor swift during women in music billboard event)

HA...like Taylor even has that kind of vocabulary.

Madonna's reaction on Instagram seems so unlike her. Usually I think she would just not mention it and deal with it behind the scenes, or she'd make some brief witty/sarcastic comment about it in an interview and move on.

I agree. I think that's what's been the most confusing for me. Her stoic attitude towards things like this has always been so inspiring to me. She never lets anyone win by showing that they got to her. I had long assumed that she was well aware of all these outtake leaks and just didn't have the time or care to say anything or call any attention to them. So when she basically posted a multi-post meltdown, as a hardcore, longtime fan, it was a mix of surprise, disappointment, yet sympathy as she truly allowed her humanity and vulnerability to trump over her normally highly thought out and controlled PR.

I love her so much and understand why she would be bothered by these things, but she had everything in her palm this past week in terms of public favor. Instead of seizing the moment and coasting into a new era on a high, she's bringing everyone down by incessantly whining about old shit via social media diatribe. :banghead:

These posts make her look reactive and embarrassingly out of touch with regard to her own career and the industries she's involved in. Her words should first be aimed privately at people within her camp (past and present) and towards the photographers (et al) she works with. They're responsible for making sure things are on lock down... not her fans who adore her and are understandably interested in seeing/hearing them once they're on public display.

A simple, professionally worded statement would have sufficed, but Instead little miss billionaire (who has proudly sought the attention of everything on this planet with a pulse since 1958) is repeatedly berating her fans. Nice fodder for the haters and a great way to make those most loyal to her feel like shit.

I feel exactly the same way.

I agree. I think that's what's been the most confusing for me. Her stoic attitude towards things like this has always been so inspiring to me. She never lets anyone win by showing that they got to her. I had long assumed that she was well aware of all these outtake leaks and just didn't have the time or care to say anything or call any attention to them. So when she basically posted a multi-post meltdown, as a hardcore, longtime fan, it was a mix of surprise, disappointment, yet sympathy as she truly allowed her humanity and vulnerability to trump over her normally highly thought out and controlled PR.

You are definitely one of the all time worst. Don't you think that as a person she deserves to be able to trust people, let alone people on her payroll? Also, stop talking about her from the eyes of the media. I find it so distasteful and quite frankly ignorant when 'fans' go on about what a PR control freak she is. :-/

THIS a million times.

Yep.

THIS too.

BOOM.

all of this...

AGREED.

Who is she to tell us she "isn't making any money" off those photos..............SO WHAT?!!!! you made tons and tons of money for over 30 years....from each and every one of us...for insane concert ticket prices, sloppy calendars, so-so remix albums...children's books...kaballah babble talk...haphazardly produced concert footage.....and swept away.....the fact that we look at and love your leaked photos or songs should not be a reason for you publicly chastise us the people who have supported every high and low point.