[Appreciate] GHV2 Interview with Jo Whiley on BBC Radio 1

Mattress

Going through old tapes and didn't see this one online...

This interview was conducted November 21, 2001 for radio broadcast on November 23, 2001 and was her only radio interview to promote GHV2: Greatest Hits Volume 2.

capa.jpg

Hear her profess her love for "Fever" and gag in sheer disgust at the mere mention of "This Used To Be My Playground".

She says that not all of her songs are well produced and explains why "American Pie" was left off of GHV2.

Hear her swear on her own GHV2 CD before dishing about her obscenely expensive aubergine alligator bag by Fendi.

Hear how she hates collaborations and why she turned down duets with Frank Sinatra, Pavaratti and Bono, yet still strung them along!

Hear her give props to then-newcomer Alicia Keys and what she would do if Jennifer Lopez tried to steal Stuart Price away from her!

Hear what she said in her preemptive letter to unauthorized biographer Andrew Morton and about the book she sent him.

Plus, hear about her office destroyed in the 9/11 attacks, what she does when her wig slips in public and much more!

Includes 10 extra minutes of bonus questioning dubbed "The Testimony" via the BBC website circa '01.

Enjoy!

Thanks Mattress. I had never heard this interview before although I have read quotes from it. :laugh: I always thought Madonna was a vegetarian so that was a surprise. Love her dry sense of humour as always and she seemed to be completely at ease with Jo.

These interviews are a joke. Seriously, your doing an interview for an album and you spend the whole interview talking about Guy and the bloody family. We want to hear Madonna talk about the music. Its the easy route for the journalist. Very frustrating

Thanks Mattress. I had never heard this interview before although I have read quotes from it. :laugh: I always thought Madonna was a vegetarian so that was a surprise. Love her dry sense of humour as always and she seemed to be completely at ease with Jo.

Being a vegetarian is one of the things Madonna dropped to please Guy :madonna2:

Thanks so much, Mattress! I have read transcripts of this interview and knew about her groaning at the mere mention of TUTBMP but never actually heard it.

That's so sad, she shouldn't be denying this beautiful song :(

Guest Rachelle of London

Omg I remember listening to this live. I made my nanny tape it off the radio and the bloody bint didn't even record it properly.

These interviews are a joke. Seriously, your doing an interview for an album and you spend the whole interview talking about Guy and the bloody family. We want to hear Madonna talk about the music. Its the easy route for the journalist. Very frustrating

Why am I surprised :bad:

I think the constant negativity in your posts in regards to almost EVERYTHING Madonna does is more frustrating

Guest Rachelle of London

she asks a lot of personal questions by the way. im surprised she answered them all and they were not pre-approved. interviews have changed quite a lot now.

Innit. Probably has to do with m being in her gushy mummy phase. Her kids were only little she probably didn't mind speaking about her family life so much.

Actually, from the time she and Guy were married through to the Drowned World Tour, she'd basically gone mute on the interview front and people were interested in hearing about these things.

I remember listening to this back then and it's certainly an interesting snapshot into her life at the time, but in retrospect, THANK GOD we have this current Madonna to scrub away the memory of Lady Ritchie.

And yes. Bloody Guy telling her to cover up. I love the fact she married him and was happy but it amazed me how much he controlled her.

I mean what a relief when on Reinvention we got to see her out of trousers. I mean we only had a glimmer of crotch and leg wen she was straddlng the tv in Hollywood.

Then thank God for

Confessions and the leotard.

I love her being an old slapper :wow: