Madonna as Breathless

Bill

Haven't heard much from this era in a while, I saw the film when I was like 5 so I don't remember much at all, except for how great she looked!

Quentin Tarantino always said that Madonna out acted everyone in Dick Tracey. She was so beautiful in that movie.

It's actually quite true. She is THE star of the film (though Pacino's performance is pretty amazing.)

I am probably the only one here that actually loves this movie. Always did.

I was even Dick Tracy for Halloween one year. I had the Breathless doll, and all the action figures... I even had the watch that lite up and talked back. I LOVED that thing...then I took it to school and some dipshit kid stole it out from my desk. I was devastated.

But yeah, I still love this film. Madonna is the star among so many truly good actors...and I've always loved Pacino's performance.

Oddly, the driest part of the film, and perhaps why it just didn't click at times, was the fact that Warren Beatty was just so dry as the lead. I get why he was playing it that way, but it just didn't work. The writing could have used some punching up (and more Madonna).

Sondheim's music is wonderful, and Danny Elfman's score is great...as is M's "I'm Breathless" album - perhaps one of my favorite things from her entire body of musical work. It really doesn't get the credit it deserves.

What ultimately takes the cake for me is the art direction - the sets/lighting/costumes/production design is ON POINT. It earned that Oscar.

I'm still obsessed with the visuals.

I was even Dick Tracy for Halloween one year. I had the Breathless doll, and all the action figures... I even had the watch that lite up and talked back. I LOVED that thing...then I took it to school and some dipshit kid stole it out from my desk. I was devastated.

But yeah, I still love this film. Madonna is the star among so many truly good actors...and I've always loved Pacino's performance.

Oddly, the driest part of the film, and perhaps why it just didn't click at times, was the fact that Warren Beatty was just so dry as the lead. I get why he was playing it that way, but it just didn't work. The writing could have used some punching up (and more Madonna).

Sondheim's music is wonderful...as is M's "I'm Breathless" album - perhaps one of my favorite things from her entire body of musical work. It really doesn't get the credit it deserves.

What ultimately takes the cake for me is the art direction - the sets/lighting/costumes/production design is ON POINT. I'm still obsessed with the visuals.

:yes: All of this

Sondheim's music is wonderful, and Danny Elfman's score is great...as is M's "I'm Breathless" album - perhaps one of my favorite things from her entire body of musical work. It really doesn't get the credit it deserves.

What ultimately takes the cake for me is the art direction - the sets/lighting/costumes/production design is ON POINT. It earned that Oscar.

VogueMusic, You are not the only one. I actually watched this the other night and really loved it. Madonna and Al Pacino were wonderful and I also loved Mandy Patinkin. Madonna sang and looked stunning. She looked beautiful in those wonderful gowns and her hairstyles were fantastic too.

I love this movie, and the art direction & cinematography is just amazing. Milena Canonero's costumes are perfection. I think Madonna is great in this and she looks absolutely stunning. I'm Breathless is actually one of my favorite Madonna albums.

She certainly was fantastic in it. And the album gave us some of her best vocals.

Breathless was a very strong and consistent performance by Madonna. Quite underrated in the scheme of her career. It was a good film!

600full-dick-tracy-photo.jpg

OH! I do remember that scene in Evita where she is on her death bed, singing and crying. THAT was some good acting she's done, i remember really being impressed with her performance in this particular scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPyr4bfswU0

Very sad scene....the shiny tooth is a little distracting though. ;)